Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch should be applauded for such a bold and daring move, before today Son currently in the form of his life.
If it worked out, you'd all be queuing up to suck him off.
To dare is to do bitches :pochlol:

Poch should be applauded for such a bold and daring move, before today Son currently in the form of his life.
As silly as it sounds, just because it didn't work doesn't necessarily mean it was the wrong thing to do. On another day it could've won us the game.

Was it right or wrong? Well it was risky. And we conceded a goal because of it. Hard to argue it was a good decision on that basis to be honest. Not Son's fault really, as in a completely foreign position today and when in an unfamiliar position you do stuff that you wouldn't normally do.

Nope sorry, he's a fucking idiot. he really has some fucking disregard for the cups.

People slated "the manager" for playing walker further furward against chelsea a short while ago, this was an even more moronic decision.

Was it right or wrong? Well it was risky. And we conceded a goal because of it. Hard to argue it was a good decision on that basis to be honest. Not Son's fault really, as in a completely foreign position today and when in an unfamiliar position you do stuff that you wouldn't normally do.

It was son's fault. Even as an attacking player you are taught from young not to dive or jump in when defending or trying to stop a wide player. It's basics.

Nope sorry, he's a fucking idiot. he really has some fucking disregard for the cups.

People slated "the manager" for playing walker further furward against chelsea a short while ago, this was an even more moronic decision.

Are you STILL attempting to compare Poch to that twat Sherwood you used to suck off?

Give it a rest

Where have you been last 4 months?

"Fucking Idiot" are you serious?

I didn't agree with the decision, but we looked the better team while in the 3-4-2-1. And if Davies was injured, what else was he suppose to do, start GKN over Son? Have Verts play LB in a back 4?

Not going to slag Son for one mistake when he's been absolutely killing it the last few weeks. It was a mind-numbingly stupid and naive play, but Son as the wing back wasn't the reason we lost.

To those cunting off Poch, fuck right off. This man is a class act. He's turned a bunch of promising youngsters into the most exciting team in England on a transfer budget comparible to Burnley or Palace. He's worked miracles and everything about him makes me proud to be Spurs. His selection or formation may have not paid off today but more often than not it does. And that's all you can hope for with any manager. Today's match was played in the most trying of circumstances and the whole team, including Son, and the manager, especially the manager, made me love my Spurs more than ever today. Bring on Wembley next season. A fitting stage for the country's best supporters and the world's best manager

Sherwood was one of the worst managers we ever had.

It was son's fault. Even as an attacking player you are taught from young not to dive or jump in when defending or trying to stop a wide player. It's basics.

Yeah but if you are an attacking player you rarely find yourself in that position so that lesson, though you know it, doesn't really figure that much in your mind or in terms of importance. When you are a LB you learn that lesson the hard way very early on and never forget it. No doubt he would be a better defender next week after the experience but what good is that.

Also, even if you know that stuff well the reality is that if you are playing in a foreign position your whole game is just going to be off because it is all unfamiliar.

Personally, I don't think it's fair to play players out of position, especially in vital and very tough games like this. There is no doubt that it was Son's mistake, but it would be pretty harsh to see him as being at fault without acknowledging the circumstances had a big role in it.

As great as poch has been for club on and off the pitch, his tactics can be insane at times.I mean this is basic stuff. We started three at the back with son as a wing back. Son barely does any defensive work, why on earth would he put such a heavy responsibility on him?
I won't deny that chelsea scored some fine goals, but how much of that was down to us shooting ourselves in the foot?
No Poch bashing here, just some constructive criticism. Maybe we should scout a tactician too this summer because we are lacking in that department.

Up until todays kickoff we were the best team in the premier league and the only one who can play TWO formations with equal success, no other team can do that

One bad game and we need a tactician?

I know you aren't bashing but enough of this reactionary posting, we were full of ourselves yesterday

To those cunting off Poch, fuck right off. This man is a class act. He's turned a bunch of promising youngsters into the most exciting team in England on a transfer budget comparible to Burnley or Palace. He's worked miracles and everything about him makes me proud to be Spurs. His selection or formation may have not paid off today but more often than not it does. And that's all you can hope for with any manager. Today's match was played in the most trying of circumstances and the whole team, including Son, and the manager, especially the manager, made me love my Spurs more than ever today. Bring on Wembley next season. A fitting stage for the country's best supporters and the world's best manager
Top post - couldn't put it better myself. If anyone is even slightly considering cunting MP off, well they obviously weren't there in the Gross / Graham / Santini years. He's the best we've had in my lifetime, and I've been going since Pleat's first stint.

I think that Pochettino let the occasion get to him and instead of starting his best team he went with his best players instead. His tactics are spot on 99% of the time. We outplayed the team that is probably going to win the FA Cup and just got very unlucky on set pieces. The only bit of "genius" on the part of Conte today is that he's got a wallet deeper than the Mariana Trench and can afford to have players like Costa and Hazard come off the bench.

Took a risk didn't pay off simple.

Only concern for me are pochettinos subs. He must have his reasons but it baffles me why we wait so long sometimes to make any changes whether we're winning or loosing.

Terrible decision to play Son as LWB. He was an accident waiting to happen. My guess is he didn't want to drop him because of his form, had a space to fill if Davies was injured, put 2 and 2 together and got 5. I doubt we will ever see Son play there again. Stupid game to take a gamble in, it was obviously going to be tight with one mistake maybe proving crucial. What's more we could really have done with him coming off the bench to inject some new life into our attack.
Never mind, hopefully Poch learns a lesson, we sign a proper LWB, and Chelsea get distracted by the cup. In Poch I still trust

Back
Top Bottom