Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pre Wet Spam

Seems pissed with all the questions about everyone's futures which is fair enough, no other team in the top 6 even the PL has had there whole starting 11 linked with moves away along with the manager.

Last edited:
I'd have lost it by now, all these stupid and pointless questions. What a waste of time. Why don't they understand by now that Pochettino does not talk about fucking rumours?
I can be such a child and if it was me I'd have been such a dick by now. First question = You're 4 points behind Chelsea with 4 games to go, how important is it put put pressure on Chelsea? My answer would have been "it's not important at all, I've sat down with the players and we all agreed last night over some margarita's that we are going to throw in the towel. I know our supporters will understand our decision, especially since Tottenham will not effectively exist next year having sold the entire squad to Manchester City and Manchester United and the fact that we are going to be playing a Wembley we don't see the point in carrying on".

I can be such a child and if it was me I'd have been such a dick by now. First question = You're 4 points behind Chelsea with 4 games to go, how important is it put put pressure on Chelsea? My answer would have been "it's not important at all, I've sat down with the players and we all agreed last night over some margarita's that we are going to throw in the towel. I know our supporters will understand our decision, especially since Tottenham will not effectively exist next year having sold the entire squad to Manchester City and Manchester United and the fact that we are going to be playing a Wembley we don't see the point in carrying on".
Hahaha, otherwise known as the Gordon Strachan Approach

"If Ian Holloway were spurs manager"

Thank you Tottenham.

This has been an incredible season, the best I have ever seen in my lifetime, by far and of that I am truly grateful. I am sure there will be millions of angry Spurs fans tonight, but this was always going to be a big ask. After 15 games this season Chelsea already had a gap of 10 points. That was way before we even knew we were fighting for the title, and the title was lost then, not tonight. This was the last stab at a worrier that was declared dead long time ago.

That 10 points gap stayed for a long time, in the mean time, all the other contenders dropped off, one by one. We stayed, and we won - and we won more. A defeat to Liverpool at Anfield was a small ugly spot in an otherwise amazing run. Sometimes there will be games that turn everything on it's head.

And Crystal Palace won at Chelsea.

A couple of weeks later Manchester United beat Chelsea aswell and some how the title fight was back on. And it was down to 4 points - because we kept winning. Even the great rivals couldn't beat us. We strolled to a 2-0 win last Sunday.

Tonight, at an unexpected venue, we lost. They wanted blood, they really haven't had some for a while, but tonight they did. I think we may have underestimated them, it was untypical of what we have seen.

There is no way that team deserve to be crucified. They deserve to be hailed for the season they have given us. What an amazing ride it has been.

It's not a trait of champions to lose this game, of them we have so many, but we are still growing, and there can be only one champion and it's not us. We are close though, and we'll build.

As a club and as a team. This title has gone, and it was always going to be a big ask to win all games and expect Chelsea to lose points.

I am so proud of what my football team has achieved. Now, for the last three games of the season.

Up the Spurs.

Brilliant, brilliant manager who has been nothing but good for us.

He will learn from this season, not that there is much to learn from but he will also know that the only thing that he and the squad's next step has to be silverware.

That is what he and we need to get to that next level.

Brilliant, brilliant manager who has been nothing but good for us.

He will learn from this season, not that there is much to learn from but he will also know that the only thing that his and the squad's next step is silverware.

That is what he and we need to get to that next level.
I agree - but he definitely needs to get the players to respond against United. If we drop our heads now then we'll have the demons of last season held over us like no-one's business.

I agree - but he definitely needs to get the players to respond against United. If we drop our heads now then we'll have the demons of last season held over us like no-one's business.

You are right and so what United do against Woolwich and then Celta may dictate their approach against us.

When you go on such a run as ours it can be easy to then go the other way BUT the truth is United have 2 games to play before they come to the Lane. We have plenty of time to lick our wounds and come back fighting.

I just hope Pochettino already has in mind the acquisitions we need for next season already.

I just hope Pochettino already has in mind the acquisitions we need for next season already.
Interesting that you mention that. I thought that Eriksen had an uncharacteristic 'off' day today, and we suffered a lot from not being able to haul him off and have a creative alternative on the bench.

Though I appreciate that Lamela offers a lot of creativity and may have been able to do this if fit.

Thank you Tottenham.

This has been an incredible season, the best I have ever seen in my lifetime, by far and of that I am truly grateful. I am sure there will be millions of angry Spurs fans tonight, but this was always going to be a big ask. After 15 games this season Chelsea already had a gap of 10 points. That was way before we even knew we were fighting for the title, and the title was lost then, not tonight. This was the last stab at a worrier that was declared dead long time ago.

That 10 points gap stayed for a long time, in the mean time, all the other contenders dropped off, one by one. We stayed, and we won - and we won more. A defeat to Liverpool at Anfield was a small ugly spot in an otherwise amazing run. Sometimes there will be games that turn everything on it's head.

And Crystal Palace won at Chelsea.

A couple of weeks later Manchester United beat Chelsea aswell and some how the title fight was back on. And it was down to 4 points - because we kept winning. Even the great rivals couldn't beat us. We strolled to a 2-0 win last Sunday.

Tonight, at an unexpected venue, we lost. They wanted blood, they really haven't had some for a while, but tonight they did. I think we may have underestimated them, it was untypical of what we have seen.

There is no way that team deserve to be crucified. They deserve to be hailed for the season they have given us. What an amazing ride it has been.

It's not a trait of champions to lose this game, of them we have so many, but we are still growing, and there can be only one champion and it's not us. We are close though, and we'll build.

As a club and as a team. This title has gone, and it was always going to be a big ask to win all games and expect Chelsea to lose points.

I am so proud of what my football team has achieved. Now, for the last three games of the season.

Up the Spurs.
Well said mate. Couldn't have put it better myself..Mind you after 19 pints,probably not saying a lot

Back
Top Bottom