Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And that is Top 4 confirmed two years in a row under Pochettino.

115rPme.jpg

This is my perception of Pochettino

Strengths:
-Youth player development ( Rose, Ali, Dier..ect)
- Fitness ( our injuries have gone down significantly)
- Motivation & psychology
- Relationships & philosophy ( a lot of players are buying into the vision ie: lloris)

Weaknesses
- Poor use of substitutions
- Tactics ( at times) ie: Chelsea FA cup semi Final , Liverpool away game.
- Relationships - Inability to integrate squad players .

OK,11th, 2nd, 11th, 13th, 6th, 2nd, 1st....what are these I hear you ask...they're Alex Ferguson's finishing League positions in his first 7 years in charge of United.

How long did it take him to win a trophy? 3 years.

How many more trophies until he won the league? 1.

If Pochettino is building a dynasty he's doing OK so far...

This is my perception of Pochettino

Strengths:
-Youth player development ( Rose, Ali, Dier..ect)
- Fitness ( our injuries have gone down significantly)
- Motivation & psychology
- Relationships & philosophy ( a lot of players are buying into the vision ie: lloris)

Weaknesses
- Poor use of substitutions
- Tactics ( at times) ie: Chelsea FA cup semi Final , Liverpool away game.
- Relationships - Inability to integrate squad players .

:avbcringe:

OK,11th, 2nd, 11th, 13th, 6th, 2nd, 1st.... "What are those?"
what are these I hear you ask... "Yeah, that was me..."
they're Alex Ferguson's finishing League positions in his first 7 years in charge of United. "Are they?"

How long did it take him to win a trophy? "Dunno, probably too long by today's' demanding standards?"
3 years."See, told you"

How many more trophies until he won the league? "0?" 1. "Oh..."

If Pochettino is building a dynasty he's doing OK so far..."But he won't be given 27 years to continue the Dynasty though"

OK,11th, 2nd, 11th, 13th, 6th, 2nd, 1st.... "What are those?"
what are these I hear you ask... "Yeah, that was me..."
they're Alex Ferguson's finishing League positions in his first 7 years in charge of United. "Are they?"

How long did it take him to win a trophy? "Dunno, probably too long by today's' demanding standards?"
3 years."See, told you"

How many more trophies until he won the league? "0?" 1. "Oh..."

If Pochettino is building a dynasty he's doing OK so far..."But he won't be given 27 years to continue the Dynasty though"

Well, Poch seems to have been afforded such a time-frame... (Not that trophies were his immediate directive).

What would be more interesting to me in terms of patience in comparrison to todays climate; once the ball got rolling, what's the longest he went without a major trophy?

...Would he survive such a drought in the modern game?

Well, Poch seems to have been afforded such a time-frame... (Not that trophies were his immediate directive).

What would be more interesting to me in terms of patience in comparrison to todays climate; once the ball got rolling, what's the longest he went without a major trophy?

...Would he survive such a drought in the modern game?
I think if you switched Wenger's last 10 seasons at ArseAnal for his first 10 seasons there, he wouldn't have even been around to make those first 10 seasons happen... if you catch ma'drift?
basically he'd have been sacked by now!

I think if you switched Wenger's last 10 seasons at ArseAnal for his first 10 seasons there, he wouldn't have even been around to make those first 10 seasons happen... if you catch ma'drift?
basically he'd have been sacked by now!

Hell yeh... Without a doubt....

Hypothetical.... We win EPL within a year or two of the new gaff opening.... Poch is still with us, but we subsequently win nothing for another 3 years and counting... How much longer does he honestly get in today's climate?

At what point is a good run and Top 4 no longer acceptable(***)?

For me; we win EPL, he becomes GOD....

Alas, for better or for worse, the game doesn't work that way.

(***The alt. is far too 'gooner-ish' for my liking, tbh....)

SAF/MU only ever had 2 seasons in the PL without winning a trophy - 2001/02 and 2004/05. Every other season he won at least one cup.

Interesting that he finished 3rd times inclusive and between those season, and the 04/05 season was the 2nd in a row. If it were City or Chelsea, they'd have been paying him off by that point.

If Poch had come just one season earlier to us I reckon we would have won the league either last year or this year based on our progress and how the league played out both seasons.

If Poch had come just one season earlier to us I reckon we would have won the league either last year or this year based on our progress and how the league played out both seasons.

To be honest I'm not sure these players would have ever developed into a title-challenging team if they hadn't had that few months being managed by Tim Sherwood. You can't underestimate the importance of being taught by a genuine football man.

To be honest I'm not sure these players would have ever developed into a title-challenging team if they hadn't had that few months being managed by Tim Sherwood. You can't underestimate the importance of being taught by a genuine football man.
Yeah, it made them realise that if their manager is sacked they could end up with a cunt like that...

Back
Top Bottom