Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great.

Now I'm worried we'll sell Rose and get Shaw on a 'free'

Shaw under Poch is a very different player to Shaw under Mourinho, he was the best left back in the league, probably the best full back in the league that season, while in the same season Rose was nowhere near Shaw.

Rose is probably gone, if we get Shaw for free and maybe Sessegnon we will have more than covered his loss.

Shaw under Poch is a very different player to Shaw under Mourinho, he was the best left back in the league, probably the best full back in the league that season, while in the same season Rose was nowhere near Shaw.

Rose is probably gone, if we get Shaw for free and maybe Sessegnon we will have more than covered his loss.

From what I've heard this season, Shaw has been unprofessional and undetermined. Add that to the fact that he seems to have problems, it just seems too much of a gamble to sell genuinely the best left back in the country and replace him with someone who wouldn't have performed at a decent level for FOUR years.

I wouldn't call being bullied by Mourinho for being unprofessional.

At this point Shaw could do anything and still be on Mou's bad side

Another extract from the new book:
DMIlqGrXkAErSap

Poch on that cunt Steve fucking Holland.
Love this man.
Is it Poch’s book?

Great.

Now I'm worried we'll sell Rose and get Shaw on a 'free'
If we are able to get 50-60m for Rose and get Shaw on a free that is fucking sensational business IMO, personally I would take a lower fee and try to sell him abroad but thats just me. The Rose/Davies situation is very different to how it was when Walker left IMO, Davies is good enough to be first choice but Trippier wasn't, that is why we needed to bring in somebody to start (Aurier). With the left back situation, I would be happy with us getting someone who is mainly a back up but is good enough to rotate with Ben Davies, and that is really great for Shaw with his injury problems. If Rose goes in the summer Shaw should be our first option.

If we are able to get 50-60m for Rose and get Shaw on a free that is fucking sensational business IMO, personally I would take a lower fee and try to sell him abroad but thats just me. The Rose/Davies situation is very different to how it was when Walker left IMO, Davies is good enough to be first choice but Trippier wasn't, that is why we needed to bring in somebody to start (Aurier). With the left back situation, I would be happy with us getting someone who is mainly a back up but is good enough to rotate with Ben Davies, and that is really great for Shaw with his injury problems. If Rose goes in the summer Shaw should be our first option.
And like with Aurier, this would be a perfect chance for SHaw to rehab his career. Only where Aurier is rehabbing from a few controversial moments, for Shaw it is mainly about getting fit and back into games.

Kid was tremendous under Poch the first time around so unless Mourinho has absolutely destroyed him then it should be no problem making him back up for Biggest Ben.

And like with Aurier, this would be a perfect chance for SHaw to rehab his career. Only where Aurier is rehabbing from a few controversial moments, for Shaw it is mainly about getting fit and back into games.

Kid was tremendous under Poch the first time around so unless Mourinho has absolutely destroyed him then it should be no problem making him back up for Biggest Ben.
Is Shaw even fit?

Sorry, Rose can't be replaced, he is simply to good. I accept he will probably be on his way in January because like Walker he is a greedy little cnunt

Sorry, Rose can't be replaced, he is simply to good. I accept he will probably be on his way in January because like Walker he is a greedy little cnunt
Can't be replaced? Davies has been first choice since January and we have only lost four games since then. And one of those was the FA Cup Semi-Final when Son started. In fact the three games we have lost since then were Liverpool (A), West Ham (A), Chelsea (N), Chelsea (H) which are all pretty hard games. AND we have only had two league draws in that period, I would say that is one of the greatest runs of form in the history of Tottenham Hotspur, and Davies has been an integral part of that.

Rose is a better player than Davies, but Davies is IMO the second best left back in the league behind Danny (maybe Ryan Bertrand could be in with a shout too). If Rose is leaving we already have our replacement and he has been first choice for 10 months.

Back
Top Bottom