Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it's a worry that Manc City are flying. Walker leaves to win stuff, earns big bucks and gets a trophy, really sends the wrong signal. I really hop their wheels come off. Are Stoke really that bad?

But isn't that what the players all know? There are clubs out there who pay alot more than us. It's not really a secret.

We just have to hope the players see that playing here is worth what theyre being paid. That they're enjoying it. They feel loved by the fans. See the club growing and have a manager who cherishes them.

But isn't that what the players all know? There are clubs out there who pay alot more than us. It's not really a secret.

We just have to hope the players see that playing here is worth what theyre being paid. That they're enjoying it. They feel loved by the fans. See the club growing and have a manager who cherishes them.

Not strictly true. If they left and went to another team, which team would deliver trophies? Currently it's a gamble... The day it becomes a sure thing it's a problem.

Not strictly true. If they left and went to another team, which team would deliver trophies? Currently it's a gamble... The day it becomes a sure thing it's a problem.

Most top teams that can offer more money than us are likely to win trophies. I don't see any of our players leaving to anyone than City (will win trophies) or teams abroad. I can't see us dealing with United or Mourinho. Chelsea and Woolwich are out of question and no one is going to leave us to go to Liverpool.

I think the players buy into Poch and buy into Spurs personally. We will win a trophy this year, if not, we'll win one next year. And as the years continue to go by, our stock will rise, we become richer and we pay our players more.

tenor.gif

Problem solved

The Shaw-Mourinho debacle perfectly highlights why we've got the best manager in the world. Jose has intentionally embarrassed one of his own by repeatedly slating him in the media - going out of bounds in belittling his intelligence - and when he had a good appearance last spring Mourinho took credit claiming to have instructed his every move throughout. There's NO chance Poch would do anything of the kind.

Which is why he can make a player like Shaw a first rate international, while Mou can only make him look like a Championship player. If Poch wants round 2 with a player he made worth £30M previously, I'm taking it every day of the week.

Mauricio benches half the Galacticos and elevates academy prospects.

At Madrid? Right... sacked by Florentino inside of 4 months.
Yep. It’s not the job for him, unless they have a very unlikely change of policy there.
He doesn’t strike me as the kind of chap who pays much attention to reputations & egos.
Long term contract from Mr Levy please.
Poch is absolutely crucial to our mid/long term plans.

Yep. It’s not the job for him, unless they have a very unlikely change of policy there.
He doesn’t strike me as the kind of chap who pays much attention to reputations & egos.
Long term contract from Mr Levy please.
Poch is absolutely crucial to our mid/long term plans.
From all reports Mauricio wants to be in complete control of all things football related at the clubs he work at, something he would not get at other/bigger clubs. Which is why he works out so well for us. We give him that and he knows he has a great thing going because of that.

He could never get that at Madrid or United, but here he could be our "Alex Ferguson" for lack of a better word

The reason I think Poch may stay is because he didnt win alot in his career. But he is adored and at Espanyol and is a club legend. I think he will be content with the love he gets at WHL. Thats not to say we wont win anything. But it should be enough to keep the likes of Madrid or United at bay.

The statement about Totti may confirm this. Would you rather retire adored by your own fans, or leave to Juve and ruin the relationship for a couple of league titles.

Mauricio benches half the Galacticos and elevates academy prospects.

At Madrid? Right... sacked by Florentino inside of 4 months.

Jupp Heynkes was sacked at madrid after his fitness regime in training was too harsh, dropping the spanish goalie and playing the german instead, not well liked by the players etc. Sacked a week after winning the champions league.

Back
Top Bottom