Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So your logic is because only Walker has left, if we go on not winning anything nobody else will leave, Man Utd lost Ronaldo to Madrid, Woolwich lost their best players despite their cup wins, so I can't say I agree, I don't see why we are immune from losing players.

No my logic is that Im not going to judge this entire squad on the actions of Walker. Our regime has tied down the manager and Kane, and dealt with Toby and Rose's tantrums over the last year.
We've wiped the slate clean and seem to have seen some commitment in return.

I dont think we are immune from losing players. But so far, we've lost one, yet you seem to be talking as if its the norm under this regime. It is'nt.

Your logic is also weird that you say even Utd lost Ronaldo, and Woolwich lost players despite winning stuff.........but you then claim that we need to win stuff to stop players leaving. How will winning stuff keep players here at Spurs, when that doesnt work for Utd, or Barca, or Real?

Who? I haven't done that.
No, but Im talking about those that do, which was what my original comment was about.
Poch is a massive advocate of our policy and a key player in the regime, and I find it tedious that certain people cant man up and slate him for it, so they pretend he's being tricked and lied to by the chairman.

Trying to match the richer clubs spending is exact what I don't want but I'm not sure how this relates to the part you quoted me on.
I simply clarified the part where you thought I said criticizing Poch means you cant support him. Im not saying that, Im saying that if someone detests our transfer policy, then they need to accept that maybe Poch isnt the manager for them. As he is integral to that policy.

No my logic is that Im not going to judge this entire squad on the actions of Walker. Our regime has tied down the manager and Kane, and dealt with Toby and Rose's tantrums over the last year.
We've wiped the slate clean and seem to have seen some commitment in return.

I dont think we are immune from losing players. But so far, we've lost one, yet you seem to be talking as if its the norm under this regime. It is'nt.

Your logic is also weird that you say even Utd lost Ronaldo, and Woolwich lost players despite winning stuff.........but you then claim that we need to win stuff to stop players leaving. How will winning stuff keep players here at Spurs, when that doesnt work for Utd, or Barca, or Real?
I'm not saying it's the norm, there is no guarantee we can keep anyone but the chances of keeping our best players are much improved if we are winning things than not. Top players want to win things.
No, but Im talking about those that do, which was what my original comment was about.
Poch is a massive advocate of our policy and a key player in the regime, and I find it tedious that certain people cant man up and slate him for it, so they pretend he's being tricked and lied to by the chairman.

I simply clarified the part where you thought I said criticizing Poch means you cant support him. Im not saying that, Im saying that if someone detests our transfer policy, then they need to accept that maybe Poch isnt the manager for them. As he is integral to that policy.

But Poch doesn't have ultimate control over the transfer policy, Levy dictates how much budget there is, when he will try to a deal with a player.

But Poch doesn't have ultimate control over the transfer policy, Levy dictates how much budget there is, when he will try to a deal with a player.

And when Poch and him agree that Martial is not worth 60M, because we have three times the player in Moura who cost 25M, why are people raging at the regime? And not the manager?

People are trying to project as fact that Poch wants players and Levy is not "giving them to him".

Pochettino has said numerous times that if they cant improve the team, we dont want them. We have targets, we tried to get Grealish....a Poch target, not a Levy target, yet we were ultimately told to pay 30M-40M for him, before the new owners stopped the talks.

Rightly, the club decided they wouldnt pay that, so Steve Bruce can bang on all he wants about the deal would have been done early if we just paid them what they wanted, but of course he would say that.
Because then they would have earned 15M more than we paid for Moura for a player who has spent his entire adult career in the championship.

And on the flip side, if Poch has no control over our policy, then it was Levy that kept Toby and Rose then right?
I dont see anyone saying that though..

Looks like it'll probably be in the middle. If so I'm happy to go £50 with him if he'll do the same. Although 2019 still isn't inconceivable.
Anyway, did he actually take the bet on?
In fairness, no he didn’t. You have just smashed your “consistency” claim to pieces by trying to wriggle out of 50% of the bet though... should have just gone and checked yourself John!

:eriksenlol:

In fairness, no he didn’t. You have just smashed your “consistency” claim to pieces by trying to wriggle out of 50% of the bet though... should have just gone and checked yourself John!

:eriksenlol:
I was right with July 2018 though, wasn't I?
Maybe I pushed the boat out a bit too far at the time with 2019, but that still might come to pass . In which case I'll damn well bet you don't come back with the same slimey request to Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦

You bottled the bet and you know it. Post the rest of that thread if you think that's not the case.
No I didn't. You'll see from the post quoted by WookieD WookieD that I admitted that a) I might be wrong and b) I couldn't afford £1,000 if I was. Which is why I offered to reduce the terms to £100.
That's not pulling out. That's just being honest.

I was right with July 2018 though, wasn't I?
Maybe I pushed the boat out a bit too far at the time with 2019, but that still might come to pass . In which case I'll damn well bet you don't come back with the same slimey request to Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦
Haha... we’d have been three months over if it weren’t for the fire system. That’s pretty incredible given the size of the project. I’m looking forward to sitting in my new seat before the winter sets in mate
:adethumbup:

I’m just poking fun because the thing you have been consistent with over the years is trying to find ways to bang Levy over the head. I think a lot of us are still surprised you finally admitted the stadium was being built.

You’re an alright poster when you get away from anything to do with money.

I’m just poking fun because the thing you have been consistent with over the years is trying to find ways to bang Levy over the head. I think a lot of us are still surprised you finally admitted the stadium was being built.
I applauded Levy on the previous page of this thread.

It's the very definition of bottling it.
No its not. It's the opposite. It's being honest about ones financial capabilities. You pulled the bet when I dropped it to a stake I could afford if I lost

1ocY.gif

You didn't put your money where your mouth is, you bottled it. You either believe what you say or you don't. You didn't have the convictions to back your own words. You bottled it.
We should put it to a poll then. I was not prepared to bet a stake I would not be able to honour in the event that I lost.
I wasn't prepared to put money I haven't got where my mouth is.
I gamble responsibly.
So I offered to reduce the stake to one which I could pay, and even added 12 months to the timescale in your favour.
Then you bottled it. As soon as it became clear I was willing to take you up, but on a smaller stake, you pulled out.
You're a bottler, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦

Edit: And this is Poch's thread. And he's not been mentioned for about 3 pages so if you want to carry on with the debate I suggest we move over to the gambling thread. Its not fair on others who come here to read about our manager

Last edited:
Like Kane, I think it is a big season for Pochettino.

He must have some say in our transfer targets and probably a level of input on the respective valuation of those players.

Pochettino must also have a 95% degree of confidence that the players in our squad are good enough for honours. My view is that he is about right but that I am not sure he or they can bridge that 5% gap.

He of course is in a strong Wenger-like position which I feel is both good and bad.

If Pochettino believes in players to the extent that he believes he can develop them and the unit to their optimum then fair play but he will not do so without some criticism.

Those fans who fear lambasting paucity should never fear being seen as traitors but equally cannot do so believing Pochettino does not agree (mostly) with how Levy does things.

We will buy in January and Moura is as good if not better than Martial. Rashford would be ideal for us.

We should put it to a poll then. I was not prepared to bet a stake I would not be able to honour in the event that I lost.
I wasn't prepared to put money I haven't got where my mouth is.
I gamble responsibly.
So I offered to reduce the stake to one which I could pay, and even added 12 months to the timescale in your favour.
Then you bottled it. As soon as it became clear I was willing to take you up, but on a smaller stake, you pulled out.
You're a bottler, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦

Edit: And this is Poch's thread. And he's not been mentioned for about 3 pages so if you want to carry on with the debate I suggest we move over to the gambling thread. Its not fair on others who come here to read about our manager
LOL DT, your alter ego, will be proud of your poll. The two of you are like two pees in a pod.

Then YOU put it in the other thread numb nutts!!!! Fuck me.

#Bottler

Back
Top Bottom