Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dropped a bollock tonight with the subs and if anyone cant see that they must be faaaaarkin' mental

Also this incessant tippy tappy shit around our own 18 yard box absolutely boils my piss, mix it up a bit, go for balls over the top - its too predictable, even we as mere fans can sit here and predict where each pass is going next

We've conceded 8 goals this season.
6 of those have been headers.
4 of which have been from set pieces.

What do we do in training?

Something is up with poch at the moment. His mannerisms on the sideline are nothing like before. He sits beside Jesus looking disinterested. Looks like his fire inside is just embers at the moment.

Had a bit of a strop on with the media in the press conference and even said "shit" in it, hopefully hes actually annoyed and is gonna do something about this current dip

Sorry, but Poch has to take blame for this one.

I've had it with "I think we played well. You know, sometimes football is cruel. This is just how it is. Of course I am dissapointed in the result, but I think we showed fighting spirit. But now this is over and we have to think about next games. We want to win every game." generic BS.

How in the name of god can you explain that you are in total control and 1:0 up at 65 minute mark, then you make two substitutions, give away the initiative in full (Moura was sharp in the 2 attacking moves, but he was not too influential in our overall game building) and suck in 2 goals to lose?!? And in the end... you take out the only player who could hold up the ball and relieve some pressure from defence... for A FULLBACK?!? This is poor decision making. And without the context it might not have been too bad. But we have lost 3 of the last games. 2 of them from being 1:0 up. This is unacceptable!

Biggest test of his managerial career. He’s been the best manager I can remember in my lifetime but I’m not sure if even he can get us over the line and win something with us.

I would honestly snap your hand off at a top four finish and a few new quality signings in the summer.

If Poch can get us out of this rut then fair play, but he’s shown this season he has a long way to go to be considered one of the best managers in the world.....

I still love him dearly

:dierpochhug:

We've conceded 8 goals this season.
6 of those have been headers.
4 of which have been from set pieces.

What do we do in training?
I’ve had this discussion with you already this season re set pieces,balls in the box etc I said we’ve looked vulnerable for a while but you disagreed with me! Sorry but we are weak at defending when the ball gets played into our box.

I’ve had this discussion with you already this season re set pieces,balls in the box etc I said we’ve looked vulnerable for a while but you disagreed with me! Sorry but we are weak at defending when the ball gets played into our box.

Yeah - moving forward from our original conversation, it definitely looks like you're right in that regard.

I can't imagine changing our defence every single game helps.

Had a bit of a strop on with the media in the press conference and even said "shit" in it, hopefully hes actually annoyed and is gonna do something about this current dip

He desperately needs time on the training pitch, hopefully they all travel back tonight and can at least get in for Thursday and Friday full training sessions.

I have to say I am rather concerned, his demeanor seems different, at first I thought after the United game he was trying to keep people on their toes, a change of attitude from him to try and create a winning mentality.

But I have to ask now if this attitude is born out of frustration from our transfer dealings (or lack of) and his inability to get the players motivated the way he used to because most of them are starting to give up on the project because they can see other teams showing ambition in the market while we are stagnating.

His tactical decision making has been all over the place as well, he was never the greatest in this respect (especially in terms of subs) but tonight was especially poor and against Liverpool.

It feels like, sadly, this is the beginning of the end of his reign, I hope I am wrong but I just have this horrible feeling.

Hopefully in a months time I will be sitting here asking myself what I was worried about.

Biggest test of his managerial career. He’s been the best manager I can remember in my lifetime but I’m not sure if even he can get us over the line and win something with us.

I would honestly snap your hand off at a top four finish and a few new quality signings in the summer.

If Poch can get us out of this rut then fair play, but he’s shown this season he has a long way to go to be considered one of the best managers in the world.....

I still love him dearly

:dierpochhug:
He has never had a chance , always shackled by the board and know fucked by them.
I still love him.

Perhaps no one wants to admit this, but just perhaps he feels he has taken us as far as he can under the regime of ENIC and might have lost the spark of winning silverware with us?

Remember when Kane said over the summer that we aren't a young team anymore and it was time to win silverware? Why would poch contradict that ffs

Back
Top Bottom