Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On redcafe they talk like he’s gonna replace José as a matter of fact. Andy Goldstein epitomises this type of fan. Cocky entitled pricks (from London, no less). Really irritates me. Loving them suffering so much

It's funny, I despise José and cheer each time they lose but a part of me knows as soon as he's fired the managerial merry-go-round starts again and it's unsettling for everyone.

We're naive to think Spurs wont be contacted about Poch, we're naive if we think he only bleeds blue and will never leave us... We hear mostly positive things about the relationship between Poch and Levy but things can go sour.

For me I believe he will stay until the end of the season but if we don't show our willing in the January transfer window he'll be off. I love this new stadium but us getting in there will all the associated sponsorship is key to keeping everyone.

It's funny, I despise José and cheer each time they lose but a part of me knows as soon as he's fired the managerial merry-go-round starts again and it's unsettling for everyone.

We're naive to think Spurs wont be contacted about Poch, we're naive if we think he only bleeds blue and will never leave us... We hear mostly positive things about the relationship between Poch and Levy but things can go sour.

For me I believe he will stay until the end of the season but if we don't show our willing in the January transfer window he'll be off. I love this new stadium but us getting in there will all the associated sponsorship is key to keeping everyone.

This 100%. As much as I hate Jose I hope they can have a mini revival to keep him going a little while longer. We then get into the new place by Xmas, and show some genuine ambition in the transfer window and I think we are good ... for now.

This 100%. As much as I hate Jose I hope they can have a mini revival to keep him going a little while longer. We then get into the new place by Xmas, and show some genuine ambition in the transfer window and I think we are good ... for now.

Don’t see Poch going to another Prem team think it will be abroad if/when he goes.

You lot think Levy will let him stroll off to Utd if he fancies it, they'd have to pay his contract off, that would be North of 30 mill plus paying Maureens contract up. So that could be 50 mill plus for a manager that has won fuck all ( isn't this often pointed out ) and then expect the fanbase to give him time to implement his ideas. Just don't see it. I don't get some of you lot, think Levys an absolute cunt in the transfer market, penny pinching and driving hard bargains but will roll over and have have his tummy tickled if the highest paid manager we've ever had decides he wants to jump ship.

You are foolish if you think that united won’t sign zidane next. They live for the glamour and headlines since Ferguson left them. They won’t come for poch next.

This.

They're so desperate trying to catch City they've lost all sense of their identity. Just throwing money at glamour managers in LVG and Mourinho and breaking transfer records to try and bridge a gap but it's not working. Zidane will be next and they'll continue to overspend.

Whoa how about this one?:
Mauricio Pochettino reveals why Tottenham don't always release details about injuries - football.london

His right-hand man Perez explained further: "In this situation, a big part is the player. Because sometimes you have to agree with the player what do you want to explain outside? Because they have the right about injuries, diseases, whatever they have."

Pochettino added: "What happens is one player says 'no, I don't want to say anything in public'. No, it's like this. It's like when you go to the doctor. The doctor cannot go outside and say 'Mauricio come to see me for this and this and this'. No. And sometimes we forget and we talk too freely. We must be careful with that."

"With an injury we cannot blame someone - I cannot blame the national team, England, because the first responsibility is always the player's," he said.

"Being honest, I think he felt from the beginning a problem but carried on playing.

"I am not going to complain about England and the management, they try to give the best for the player. It could have happened at England,at Tottenham, at any club or national team.

"Sometimes you cannot guess what is going to happen. Players always push to play because they want to play. For some it looks like 'if I am on the bench it is a dishonour - me, on the bench? I want to play even though I am tired'. That is why management is so difficult for everyone."

Last edited:
Having thought a bit more about the Barcelona game, the more I think that Poch made a ricket of it. A load of them. Tactically he has a lot to learn. If he's not going to learn it all, and I don;t see much improvement over the past 3 years, then he has to have a right hand bod who is the dog's nuts in that area.

Having thought a bit more about the Barcelona game, the more I think that Poch made a ricket of it. A load of them. Tactically he has a lot to learn. If he's not going to learn it all, and I don;t see much improvement over the past 3 years, then he has to have a right hand bod who is the dog's nuts in that area.

Twat.

Back
Top Bottom