Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s fucking right though. When Pochettino spouted pre match about how “we should just enjoy enjoy watching Messi play” I didn’t think he was going to be stupid enough to actually facilitate that with his tactics.

I would much rather he fucked Messi up and gave us a better chance of winning than played the way he did and gave us a better chance of “enjoying” him.

He’s fucking right though. When Pochettino spouted pre match about how “we should just enjoy enjoy watching Messi play” I didn’t think he was going to be stupid enough to actually facilitate that with his tactics.

I would much rather he fucked Messi up and gave us a better chance of winning than played the way he did and gave us a better chance of “enjoying” him.
It would be stupid to fuck up Messi before we sign him in Jan. Passed his audition with flying colours.

BC, I think we have to bear in mind that our options were extremely limited. The teams that have done best against Messi have man marked him out of the game. But you obviously need to have a player who can do that. We don’t have a Rabiot or Goudin, possibly Wanyama in his prime but he is not in his prime. It would have ended with the red card he almost got anyway. Who could have done that ? Dier ? No Winks ? No.

I read your earlier posts about Skipp in a 4-3-3 but I don’t think that was realistically going to happen. We could have played Dier with Wanyama and Winks which would at least have put an extra body into some of those open spaces that Messi exploited. But you can’t legislate for the blunder that Lloris made or the unstoppable strike from Rakitic. From then on we had a choice, either to try to keep the score down or go for it. Poch chose to go for it and it of course opened up even more space for Messi.

The cause of the problem lies with Levy not Poch. Everyone could see that as a priority we needed a replacement for a Dembele and an upgrade on Dier. We got neither.

You're so anti Poch that we can't take you seriously.

Shut the fuck up or I'll fuck you up.

BC, I think we have to bear in mind that our options were extremely limited. The teams that have done best against Messi have man marked him out of the game. But you obviously need to have a player who can do that. We don’t have a Rabiot or Goudin, possibly Wanyama in his prime but he is not in his prime. It would have ended with the red card he almost got anyway. Who could have done that ? Dier ? No Winks ? No.

I read your earlier posts about Skipp in a 4-3-3 but I don’t think that was realistically going to happen. We could have played Dier with Wanyama and Winks which would at least have put an extra body into some of those open spaces that Messi exploited. But you can’t legislate for the blunder that Lloris made or the unstoppable strike from Rakitic. From then on we had a choice, either to try to keep the score down or go for it. Poch chose to go for it and it of course opened up even more space for Messi.

The cause of the problem lies with Levy not Poch. Everyone could see that as a priority we needed a replacement for a Dembele and an upgrade on Dier. We got neither.

But you can legislate for Messi being given the time and space to pick the kind of passes that lead to those first goals and Poch didn’t. Forgetting Messi, it was bloody naive to think any 4231 was going to cope with a midfield containing Busqetes, Rakatic, Coutinho and ANOther, especially if you haven’t drilled the 3 AM’s to work their bollocks off, especially for the first 30-45 minutes.

How many times do we not start games right? It’s been four years now.

He also needn’t have brought in Lloris after a long absence for a game like this.

And the cause of the problem lies as much with Pochettino spending nearly 115m in fees and wages on players that are nowhere near good enough (Sissoko, Llorente) or needed (Aurier) when we had a weak midfield already for various reasons (Dembele having a chronic injury isn’t new) meaning we have an over bloated squad of non HG players who are too shit for others to want to pay their wages and buy them, meaning we can’t even register some for our CL squad.

PS
It’s nice to hear from you !(assuming you are who I think you are).

Do1lJfrXUAAUJ_L.jpg

CRISIS

But you can legislate for Messi being given the time and space to pick the kind of passes that lead to those first goals and Poch didn’t. Forgetting Messi, it was bloody naive to think any 4231 was going to cope with a midfield containing Busqetes, Rakatic, Coutinho and ANOther, especially if you haven’t drilled the 3 AM’s to work their bollocks off, especially for the first 30-45 minutes.

How many times do we not start games right? It’s been four years now.

He also needn’t have brought in Lloris after a long absence for a game like this.

And the cause of the problem lies as much with Pochettino spending nearly 115m in fees and wages on players that are nowhere near good enough (Sissoko, Llorente) or needed (Aurier) when we had a weak midfield already for various reasons (Dembele having a chronic injury isn’t new) meaning we have an over bloated squad of non HG players who are too shit for others to want to pay their wages and buy them, meaning we can’t even register some for our CL squad.

PS
It’s nice to hear from you !(assuming you are who I think you are).

Well , it looked like someone who questionned some of your points without resorting to abuse might have been called for ....

Meh, they were 10pts better than us in Poch's first season, that's some advantage to overcome and then sustain. Imagine if we were just 1 or 2 points behind them when he took over, a possible 30pts more than them if that were the case.
would be interesting to run that table from a year on, igniring the first transition season (yes I know where'

I don't know how to do it but would look even better to run that table from a year on, ignoring the first transition season (yes I know we're always in transition). Our first season was a bit meh with the 5-3 and 2-1 the highlights. Having to experiment with some of those bought with the Bale money is a bit misleading

Meh, they were 10pts better than us in Poch's first season, that's some advantage to overcome and then sustain. Imagine if we were just 1 or 2 points behind them when he took over, a possible 30pts more than them if that were the case.

Completely agree.

Christmas 2015-16 they were top of the table and 7 pts ahead of us. (they really should have won the title that year, any gooner that taunts with 3rd in a 2 horse etc should be reminded - you were top of the table at Xmas matey, with only Leicester challenging - and you did the double over them).

I make it that over the next 94 matches we're ahead of them by 29 points? A point every 3 matches? That's massive. And it was getting bigger:

6 pts (half season)
9 pts
14 pts

Shame that le Prof left really.

Back
Top Bottom