Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is a good start of sorts but others have really improved and we haven't.
Chavs,City Liverpool are far better and some would argue in the media Arse have caught us up
Our quality of football has been non descript with fit players or not and speaking honestly standing still has made us go slightly backwards.

Yeh but that is back to the window and injuries. Poch has the squad he has, he is probably pushing it about as far as it can go, bluntly we have probably the 5/6th best squad in the league getting 2 & 3 the past few seasons.

To go up anymore requires investment in the squad. If Poch gets top 4 again he has worked a Miracle again, at some point though it just looks like he is being made a mug of and will probably go that’s my worry.

Not signing anyone was risky and a ridiculous decision that made no sense considering the obvious need to strengthen the squad and compete to varying degrees on four fronts.
This is having an effect at the moment with the CL campaign looking like it could already be over in the group stage which is a shame and the injuries are stacking up with a discernible lack of squad depth already noticeable.
The fact that we are still in a good position and close to the main competitor's is a remarkable achievement considering how everything has stacked up against us, just makes you wonder how much better we could have been with some quality additions added.

Yeh but that is back to the window and injuries. Poch has the squad he has, he is probably pushing it about as far as it can go, bluntly we have probably the 5/6th best squad in the league getting 2 & 3 the past few seasons.

To go up anymore requires investment in the squad. If Poch gets top 4 again he has worked a Miracle again, at some point though it just looks like he is being made a mug of and will probably go that’s my worry.
Totally agree but it ain't going to happen. Investment in the first 11 to compete you might as well count the stars in the night sky. We've got lucky with Poch and really peaked 2 years ago .

Wining games against the mediocre sides in the league - as we should. If you want to think Poch is a genius for beating the likes of Cardiff, Fulham, Newcastle and Huddersfield then good for you. I could understand the point had we beaten Liverpool, Inter and Barca but we didn’t so it’s somewhat pointless championing this stat when we are currently only 2 points ahead of Bournemouth.

I recommend you be careful. I have been banned/suspended numerous times from this site for daring to say negative things and making negative predictions. Beware, subjective opinions are not welcome here. I suggest you become more positive before you get subjected depths of hell.

I recommend you be careful. I have been banned/suspended numerous times from this site for daring to say negative things and making negative predictions. Beware, subjective opinions are not welcome here. I suggest you become more positive before you get subjected depths of hell.

You don’t need to tell me about the little cabal of self appointed positive police on here. The so called ‘real’ spurs supporters.

You don’t need to tell me about the little cabal of self appointed positive police on here. The so called ‘real’ spurs supporters.
Did you know this site was founded on the back of the 1882 movement, a group of supporters that wanted to enjoy and support the team through thick and thin? This ain't a BBC Have Your Say.
And you're surprised that the majority on here think you're a miserable negative bore?

Did you know this site was founded on the back of the 1882 movement, a group of supporters that wanted to enjoy and support the team through thick and thin? This ain't a BBC Have Your Say.
And you're surprised that the majority on here think you're a miserable negative bore?

This site came off the back off a podcast (and I guess a blog).

1882 came after and following the youth to show them the ethos of fans was always to “Love the shirt” and all that entails.

But listen to the podcast and there are all sorts of opinions.
Including that Harry Kane would never make it.....negative fuckers.

Hmm. I understand the sentiment but I sure as heck hope this message doesn't carry over behind closed doors. It's surprising that we've won 6 out of 8 games considering the stadium delay, injuries, tired players from the WC, yes...

But if the squad don't perk up after the international break then I fear we are in for a rude awakening in October.

Serious relegation fears?

This site came off the back off a podcast (and I guess a blog).

1882 came after and following the youth to show them the ethos of fans was always to “Love the shirt” and all that entails.

But listen to the podcast and there are all sorts of opinions.
Including that Harry Kane would never make it.....negative fuckers.
Fair enough, I may be mistaken about the order things appeared. But the ethos of this place, at least at the outset with promotion of 1882, was to support the team no matter what.
Obviously the forum is barely moderated and people can say what they want. But moaners shouldn't be offended if they're not popular.

Certainly room for improvement but not so sure about the optimism.

Then again the likes of you and Ossie Wembley are clearly deeply averse to optimism anyway.

Miserable cunts. Win or lose your ilk get no joy; just moan and bitch regardless.

Pointless.

It's like going to a restaurant week after week even though you know you don't rate the food, yet still comeaway each time bemoaning it... Stop going FFS, you perverted fucking wierdos.

Fair enough, I may be mistaken about the order things appeared. But the ethos of this place, at least at the outset with promotion of 1882, was to support the team no matter what.
Obviously the forum is barely moderated and people can say what they want. But moaners shouldn't be offended if they're not popular.

Yeah coming onto just be negative about everything all the time is going to find you in the bin.

As will condoning racism as shown above!

:pochrolleyes:

It is a good start of sorts but others have really improved and we haven't.
Chavs,City Liverpool are far better and some would argue in the media Arse have caught us up
Our quality of football has been non descript with fit players or not and speaking honestly standing still has made us go slightly backwards.

They are 2 points ahead of us.

We have good players and we should recognise that conditions around the club are not perfect right now, it's not easy to play your best football when you don't have a stadium, don't have new signings, your captain is now a convicted criminal, your best passers are all injured, all the WC players are knackered etc.

Let's remain calm and see how things go. We would all have taken 18 points after 8 games before a ball was kicked.

I agree. The problem is that after we finished second, too many people think we have the second best squad in the league. And therefore we aren't getting the best out of our players if we don't maintain that standard. Rather than seeing that, not only have other teams improved, but Poch was always getting a lot out of the squad we have. Of course that's subjective but it's my opinion.

No this is a forum which unlike the rest of them places virtually no restrictions on its members content. It never was and never will be an echo chamber for one viewpoint on the club. It’s comprises of a range of different people so if you honestly think there will be a conformity of viewpoints then you are more stupid that you are coming across. What you and that little cabal of vapid identifkit posters continually fail to grasp is that the board, the manager and the players are accountable to us not the other way. Now stop wasting my time with this level of nonsense.

Last edited:
Then again the likes of you and Ossie Wembley are clearly deeply averse to optimism anyway.

Miserable cunts. Win or lose your ilk get no joy; just moan and bitch regardless.

Pointless.

It's like going to a restaurant week after week even though you know you don't rate the food, yet still comeaway each time bemoaning it... Stop going FFS, you perverted fucking wierdos.

Hi my name is Airfixx, I wait for the club to tell me my opinions and have no personality at all. I NEVER say anything bad about anyone connected to the club. #iamarealsupporter.

No this is a forum which unlike the rest of them places virtually no restrictions on its members content. It never was and never will be an echo chamber for one viewpoint on the club. It’s comprises of a range of different people so if you honestly think there will be a conformity of viewpoints then you are more stupid that you are coming across. What you and that little cabal of vapid identifkit posters continually fail to grasp is that the board, the manager and the players are accountable to us not the other way. Now stop wasting my time with this level of nonsense.

You're keeping it real, man. Putting us all to shame!

:deledoubt:

Back
Top Bottom