Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn’t stop there being 3 different threads on redcafe with multiple posts claimed he’d jump at the chance to leave us for united.
I'm surprised there are only three threads, he is one of the World best up and coming managers, no surprise to me that fans would want him to manage their club.

But it's within the media Poch is routinely asked to state his intentions and he has consistently stated his intentions. We are only 13 games into the season and this is the 4th time that he's having to state his intentions, why? What's changed in the last month and the month before that? Why isn't Klopp asked these questions about his future at Liverpool?

I'm surprised there are only three threads, he is one of the World best up and coming managers, no surprise to me that fans would want him to manage their club.

But it's within the media Poch is routinely asked to state his intentions and he has consistently stated his intentions. We are only 13 games into the season and this is the 4th time that he's having to state his intentions, why? What's changed in the last month and the month before that? Why isn't Klopp asked these questions about his future at Liverpool?
Well I don't think Klopp is constantly telling his chairman to buy players early. I don't think the media can be blamed for thinking there is no smoke without fire.

Well I don't think Klopp is constantly telling his chairman to buy players early. I don't think the media can be blamed for thinking there is no smoke without fire.

Neither is Poch....

He's expressed preference to get business done early on a couple of occasions over the last 12 months.

Spare us the sensationalism... We have tabloids for that.

All you're doing is un-justly condoning their bullshit... Why no RM links for Klopp? What's so unique about the Liverpool gig that Klopp wouldn't be interested? Wouldn't Klopp similarly spell a breath of fresh air for a stale United? Despite spending a shit load more money, why is Klopp not subject to the same "must consolidate with a trophy" witch-hunt?

I have my own theories, but to blame that all on "brave"-gate is bogus of you as the media narratives all predate that scenario.

tenor.gif

What the fcuk have I missed since he last pledged himself to the club only a month ago, I'm all ears......A nice long list will sort me out no doubt. The floor is yours.

never ceases to astonish me - the level of ignorance about his value and tactical acumen, from some of the posters on here. Particularly the rocket scientists that moan on about his use of substitutes - as if it was the sort of decision a ball boy could do.
Its going to be a black day, when that guy goes.
If I have to read another neckbeard Spurs blogger say Poch doesn't know what he's doing...

I think a lot of that gets lost when other people talk about Pochettino because of his record away at the top clubs but what they fail to realise is that every other manager struggles AWAY at the top clubs. I think since 2015, our record AWAY at the big 6 is only bettered by Liverpool and Man City.

Pochettino has got us where we are because he's EXCELLENT tactically and he's a damn good coach. We haven't got the resources of those above us so we have to be.
The away results against the 'top 6' are a meme that footie journos latched on to bash us. As you pointed out - we don't actually measure up too badly in that regard; it's just that anyone's record will look bad when held up against this current Man City side. (I also feel a little salty that we gifted Liverpool that win at Wembley. Played them far too early in the season, unfortunately)

Notice that we've had far less of that thrown our way since we beat Chelsea away last season? Now, they can't say "Spurs haven't won away against top 6 opposition since..." because it wouldn't be notable.

Smash Woolwich on Sunday and they have to continue to stay quiet.
Funny thing is, if (after all their spending) Klopp can't win the league or CL with Liverpool this season, then there's waaaay more of an argument that there's nothing else he can do there and might as well go to Real Madrid.

Neither is Poch....

He's expressed preference to get business done early on a couple of occasions over the last 12 months.

Spare us the sensationalism... We have tabloids for that.

All you're doing is un-justly condoning their bullshit... Why no RM links for Klopp? What's so unique about the Liverpool gig that Klopp wouldn't be interested? Wouldn't Klopp similarly spell a breath of fresh air for a stale United? Despite spending a shit load more money, why is Klopp not subject to the same "must consolidate with a trophy" witch-hunt?

I have my own theories, but to blame that all on "brave"-gate is bogus of you as the media narratives all predate that scenario.
I wouldn't blame it ALL on bravegate but it's certainly part of it.

By constantly, you mean twice?

What the fcuk have I missed since he last pledged himself to the club only a month ago, I'm all ears......A nice long list will sort me out no doubt. The floor is yours.
Here's two plus three other instances where people are left to read between the lines.
Spurs will aim to do all of their transfer business before World Cup, insists Mauricio Pochettino
Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham must act more swiftly on transfer deals
Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham must be clever in the transfer window
Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham manager says club must 'take risks' to improve
Poch: Spurs will be 'clever and creative' over transfers - Football365

I haven't counted but I'm sure that Poch has pledged his future more than once, that wont stop speculation from continuing

Back
Top Bottom