Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i looked a few weeks ago and the manager fee has to be negotiated by two clubs not the Managers wages over the contract.

could be wrong but i believe thats the case.

I'm pretty sure you're right. Clubs have to ask permission to speak to another club's manager - if paying out the wages was all that needed to be done that makes permission redundant.

Not even worried. Why would he go there to spend the first two years plus completing gutting their squad to make it competitive.

Too much argumentative back and forth on here over nothing that concerns us.
Personally, I think Poch is at the stage in his career where he doesn't need to take a backward step.
Yep. Madrid vacancies worry me far more, reckon if he leaves us at some point it’ll be to try his hand at the toughest job in world football, trying to please the Madridistas and Perez

To be honest I'd love to hear a stronger 'no' from Poch. I know he loves the club etc but that felt like a negotiating move. As in Levy pay up (either new players or salary bump) or I'm out.

I’d love to see Utd go for klopp. It would be hillarious . Not impossible .
He has spent all of money, a cl exit and a bad run of form , end up finishing 4th again . Utd should just send someone round to his house and say name your price and we will see you in the summer .

He must of had enough of living in that shithole by now . Those horrible accents must be grating on him

I’d love to see Utd go for klopp. It would be hillarious . Not impossible .
He has spent all of money, a cl exit and a bad run of form , end up finishing 4th again . Utd should just send someone round to his house and say name your price and we will see you in the summer .

He must of had enough of living in that shithole by now . Those horrible accents must be grating on him

There's no way he would go there, for the same reasons as Poch.

So did Utd

Here are those 11 signings made by Jose Mourinho at Manchester United, costing a combined total of £358.8m...

• Eric Bailly - Centre-back - Villarreal - £30m
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Striker - Paris St-Germain - Free
  • Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Midfielder - Borussia Dortmund - £26.3m
  • Paul Pogba - Midfielder - Juventus - £89m
  • Victor Lindelof - Centre-back - Benfica - £31m
  • Romelu Lukaku - Striker - Everton - £75m
  • Nemanja Matic - Midfielder - Chelsea - £40m
  • Alexis Sanchez - Forward - Woolwich - Swap involving Mkhitaryan
  • Diogo Dalot - Full-back - Porto - £19m
  • Fred - Midfielder - Shakhtar Donetsk - £47m
  • Lee Grant - Goalkeeper - Stoke £1.5m

So (and I fully expect you to run off and not answer)....if Poch is doing better despite “not being backed” than a “proven winner” did with 360M, why are transfers the reason Poch will leave?

Why do people not understand that our managers strengths do not lie in the transfer market? Why do people think that a new manager will go there and be given another near half billion?
When it’s patently obvious that even if Carrick takes over until the summer, Utd will improve.

I'm not saying Poch will leave or won't, I genuinely don't know, but just playing devils advocate here, one school of thought might be "if I can achieve what I have with Spurs on a relatively tight budget, maybe I could win the league and CL with ManU's budget" ?

I'm not criticising Levy in any way shape or form, I think he's possibly the best chairman in this league, I hope he stays, but there's plenty of perfectly logical reasons why he would consider leaving. He's an ambitious guy, he nows football is a very short term industry. ManU will pay him even more than the ludicrously generous salary we do, and they will almost certainly make large funds available to him to strengthen what is already a talented team.

I find it highly amusing that people think levy said "100 million for transfers, sign here" and then said "what 100 million" before the ink dried. The reality is some of you cockwombles believed every tweet saying we were interested in player X, and put two and two together to make "lolz transfers". The reality is that none of us has the foggiest as to how transfers are done within the club.

If he goes he goes. If he stays he stays.
The earth will continue to spin on

Fuck Man Ure
Fuck Jose
Fuck Klopp
Fuck the Chavs
Fuck the Gooners
Fuck em all

We're Spurs, and no matter how much everyone tries to unsettle us and give us shit, we take it, deal with it and keep on getting better.

The fear amongst the "traditionalists" in the English game is palpable. Spurs under Pochettino are still building, still improving. The day is coming when we look down on you all.

Poor argument.

Hint, you may use mancity or chelski as examples.
Not really, just a statement of fact. Just trying to make the point that spending money alone is not what we need.

Yes I could use Man City or Chelsea but they have so much money to spend that they can afford to make expensive mistakes and write them off. Look at Man Utd, spent a fortune the last few seasons but worked infrequently.

We are somewhere in between and are trying to buy the right players for the right price who will fit our system and style of play not spend money for the sake of it which is something Poch has come out himself and said on a few occasions.

Jesus give the Daniel Levy hate a rest, if it wasn't for him we would be fucked. He's had to deal with the stadium cost doubling during its planning and construction. He's managed to sign most of our top players to long term deals, he appointed poch himself.

If he has money to throw at poch he will, he is juggling so much shit at the moment and obviously cares about the club. I would wager that if it wasn't for Daniel Levy then Poch would have fucked off a season or two ago.

I mean even poch comes out last week saying we all need to praise Daniel and still some of you slate the fuck out of him.
If it wasn't for the LOLC we'd be playing in Stratford. We had plans in place to redevelop the stadium when Levy took over, he shelved them. So lets not blow too much smoke up his sphincter.

Back
Top Bottom