Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want positivity or realism ?
Positivity ....he won't even think about going , we have brilliant owners who give him loads of money to spend . We are gonna win the quadruple.

Realism . The above is bollocks
Nah. Positivity and Realism are the same: We have owners who have spent anywhere between £500m and £1.2bn (depends which rag you read or listen to) on a state of the art stadium, who have built the finest training ground, who have developed, attracted AND RETAINED one of the strongest squads in the league (and at least top 16 in Europe) and who continue to challenge for trophies. Not one of the other so called big 6 can claim anything like these developments because they have spent hundreds of millions on players and then spent hundreds of millions more to replace said players. The owners care about this club far more than you or I could imagine, not least because it is their cash on the line. Of course they want to win trophies just like we do - but I would guess for different reasons (just imagine if you are able to, the extra value that winning a league or European title brings).
You say you support Spurs , not the owners - sadly whether you like it or not, the owners are Spurs just as much as the team and the manager are. Without the owners we've got we could well be looking just like Man U or West Ham, having spent on players what we spend on growing a real club, and yet still playing like Wanderers or Old Etonians compared to todays style of football.Thanks anyway but I'll stick to signing players we need and can afford (eg Delli, Christian and Davinson) rather than blowing £50m+ on so called superstars and leaving them on the bench.

What is bollocks is you pointing fingers at the owners as if Poch has already fucked off for 'better' things, the team are struggling mid table and all our players have left. Just remind me if you will how many of our players were so annoyed with the club that they aren't paid enough and that we didn't sign anyone in the Summer, that they left. And perhaps also jog my memory, how many English clubs have actually won trophies since Poch arrived? The answer is of course 5. Take Leicester out of the mix and its 4 - who just happen to be the 4 top net transfer spending clubs. The fact that we are still currently performing better than 3 of them is really interesting, don't you think? and it certainly bodes well for the future as our income stream rises.

So if you do support Spurs, why not show it?

If it wasn't for the LOLC we'd be playing in Stratford. We had plans in place to redevelop the stadium when Levy took over, he shelved them. So lets not blow too much smoke up his sphincter.
Nobody is perfect, in the end it didn't happen. His pro's far out weigh his con's in my opinion.

Actually, it's about 20 or so million over these last 3 years. Klopps net spend is about 50 million and ours is about 30. May 2018 klopps had spent less than a million, net.

Sooooooo, theres not much difference between Liverpool and Spurs spending at all?

Ooohhh now thats interesting. Very interesting.......wonder how that sits with the Levy bashers

Poch has always been vague on things like this. He doesnt get involved in the media games. He didnt outright deny Madrid either.

Not being forthright on this does not mean he us going. Far from it.

I've always been wary of United ever since that pic of Poch and Fergie having lunch went round in 2016. I thought at the time it was naive to think Fergie wasn't laying some foundations and part of me still does today. I think United is the only English club Poch would ever dream of leaving us for, and I think it's unfair to criticise fans for legitimate worries.
Hopefully we might get an inkling of what his feelings are at his press conference today (assuming he has one?)
It was Poch that requested the lunch. Fergie is the Manager he thinks is the best in the business, he wanted to pick his brains and learn (Fergie charges the London Business School a couple of hundred grand a year for his leadership seminars, Poch got his one on one for a couple of bottles of Malbec). Spurs were fully aware of the meeting.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind they want Poch and as a result, the media (it has been for some time) is fed stories about their desire. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that the paparazzi were informed of the meeting so a photo can be obtained. But then if meeting at one of London's finest restaurants, frequented by the rich and famous on a daily basis, for secret talks is a bit far-fetched to be believed, but if people still want to reference it as significant, then job done.

The media coverage will only intensify now, they have been laying the foundation for some time with their ex-players all still on Utd's payroll (both the Neville's, Scholes, Ferdinand etc) have been bleating on about Maureen for months on TV, whilst also waxing lyrical about Poch, none more so that Gary Neville), there is a full charm offensive aimed at Poch and up until today an negative one towards Mourinho. There have also been many stories about Woodward's desire to get Poch, all these stories are put out there by Utd. (it's how it's done).

The other reason to up the ante by feeding the narrative around Poch is even if they know that they can't get him, it will unsettle a rival. A team that sits above them in the table. They need us to feel the heat, destabilize us, get every pre and post press conference of Poch's dominated by questions about him leaving, about Utd. This then works wonders for the likes of racist Justin, John Thomas and Mindblown et al. The same arseholes who have been melting since the day they have signed up to this forum and despite all of them thinking we are shit and will finish below West Ham and Palace, get it wrong with every stroke of their keyboard, never once have these arseholes got anything right, not one thing they said would happen has happened and yet here they are today tapping like furry over their keyboards without the slightest bit of respect for our Manager, they actually believe he is a two-faced cunt and that despite every single month stating his intentions with Tottenham, they don't believe a fucking word that comes out of his mouth.

What more does Poch have to say? How many more times does he have to say it? Why are the racist and his chums so insecure?

Last edited:
Poch has always been vague on things like this. He doesnt get involved in the media games. He didnt outright deny Madrid either.

Not being forthright on this does not mean he us going. Far from it.

I havent seen Simeone deny any rumours either that hes going to Utd, so maybe he and Poch are both going as a 1 and 2?
Got to be that because they havent denied it.

We definitely dont need these rumours derailing our season. It's very disrespectful from the likes of Gary Neville to be pushing for Poch when he's already in a role in a contract for 5 years. Surely a lead pundit with an affiliation with a club shouldn't and couldn't be allowed to spew this nonsense. Isn't this somehow 'tapping up'?

If it wasn't for the LOLC we'd be playing in Stratford. We had plans in place to redevelop the stadium when Levy took over, he shelved them. So lets not blow too much smoke up his sphincter.
But we aren't in Stratford...so get over it?

And if it were up to you, we'd have Ranieri for a manager, and not Poch.

People make mistakes.

Google translate says...

United's favorite coach is Pochettino. But they will have to negotiate with Levy. Then they would have to convince Pochettino too. Neither of the two things are guaranteed

Ok. So answer Sammy's question yourself.
Why aren't Liverpool fans bricking it they'll come for Klopp?
Why because Klopp has backed himself into a corner, he has to now win something taking into account the chances he has had and the monies he has spent on players or he has failed as a manager.

Back
Top Bottom