Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The relentless speculation l find a little depressing . A whole 8 months of fabricated bull shit based on planet fuckwit leaves a little bitter taste. The media seems to be run by the traitorous Lord Haw Haw or to our American cousins Benedict Arnold .
Should he stay or should he go ?
I'm 50/50 if our gallent goucho will be with us next season . Nobody knows what is happening behind Levy's door of Hades .
"l promised you a miracle " Poch has certainly delivered considering how financially deprived he is compared to others. Maybe the burden of competing with others long term with such advantages will wear him down. Hopefully he remains and really becomes a Lillywhite legend .
Reinsurance would take the edge of our forced on us version of Brexit .
Keep your peckers up., comrades .

Last edited:
The relentless speculation l find a little depressing . A whole 8 months of fabricated bull shit based on planet fuckwit leaves a little bitter taste. The media seems to be run by the traitorous Lord Haw Haw or to our American cousins Benedict Arnold .
Should he stay or should he go ?
I'm 50/50 if our gallent goucho will be with us next season . Nobody knows what is happening behind Levy's door of Hades .
"l promised you a miracle " Poch has certainly delivered considering how financially deprived he is compared to others. Maybe the burden of competing with others long term with such advantages will wear him down. Hopefully he remains and really becomes a Lillywhite legend .
Reinsurance would take the edge of our forced on us version of Brexit .
Keep your peckers up., comrades .
You say, but after all, you are Fidel Castro

Man Utd try to re-open Eric Dier talks: ‘£55m may get Tottenham negotiations started’

Man Utd transfer news: Red Devils favourites to sign Tottenham star Kieran Trippier

Manchester United to target full-backs with Danny Rose on shopping list

Man Utd transfer news: Red Devils agree deal to sign Toby Alderweireld | Goal.com

Man Utd willing to pay £180m to beat Real Madrid to Tottenham star Dele Alli - report

Man Utd transfer news: Harry Kane ‘may join’ United - stunning development over Spurs deal

Manchester United fans call for Christian Eriksen signing after Denmark display

Spurs' Vertonghen and Alderweireld have odds slashed for Old Trafford switch

Manchester United Transfer News: Hugo Lloris Talks Opened, David De Gea Latest

“If we want him we’ll get him”
It’s as easy as that for Utd isn’t it......I mean, just look at the recent success they’ve had swooping in on us and using us a feeder club.
All that history and money, we don’t stand chance and everyone wants to go there.

What a shambles of a club. Tin pot fucking embarrassing mess, like some Rolling Stone member who looks like he’s just been dug up, whacking on a pair of leather trousers and thinking every 21yr old still wants to bang him.

Lads it’s Man U
Sorry?

What's wrong with leather trousers?

Man Utd try to re-open Eric Dier talks: ‘£55m may get Tottenham negotiations started’

Man Utd transfer news: Red Devils favourites to sign Tottenham star Kieran Trippier

Man Utd transfer news: Red Devils agree deal to sign Toby Alderweireld | Goal.com

Man Utd willing to pay £180m to beat Real Madrid to Tottenham star Dele Alli - report

Man Utd transfer news: Harry Kane ‘may join’ United - stunning development over Spurs deal

It’s as easy as that for Utd isn’t it......I mean, just look at the recent success they’ve had swooping in on us and using us a feeder club.
All that history and money, we don’t stand chance and everyone wants to go there.

What a shambles of a club. Tin pot fucking embarrassing mess, like some Rolling Stone member who looks like he’s just been dug up, whacking on a pair of leather trousers and thinking every 21yr old still wants to bang him.

Lads it’s Man U

You make a compelling argument good sir.

Lets beat them off this one more time and I think it largely and nearly conclusively gets put to bed.

I know we disagree on why January might be important but for me it represents an ideal moment to further cement future intention.

Should Levy pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat next month I think the odds, such as they are tip fully in favour of 'remain

Last edited:
You make a compelling argument good sir.

Lets beat them off this one more time and I think it largely and nearly conclusively gets put to bed.

I know we disagree on why January might be important but for me it represents an ideal to further cement future intention.

Should Levy pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat next month I think the odds, such as they are tip fully in favour of 'remain

Well you know my stance on the squad and transfers, but seeing what the general perception is about backing Poch or letting him down, it would be a hilarious message to the media and Utd if we signed Rashford

Well you know my stance on the squad and transfers, but seeing what the general perception is about backing Poch or letting him down, it would be a hilarious message to the media and Utd if we signed Rashford

And of all the current United players I think he would be a superb acquisition. Won't happen sadly.

I do however think we need transfer movement. It just shows dialogue and progress in my opinion towards a common long term goal.

Lads it’s Man U

Love this.

It's why I'm confident Poch won't go. Even allowing for the fact that probably only some of those links were true, Poch must have persuaded those players that here is better. How can he then go?

I'm more worried about the Dippers winning the league. They'd be unbearable!

Here’s a thing. There’s a couple of posters that get a lot of shit for their slightly negative interpretation of many of Poch’s utterances, but there’s quite a few on the other side of the argument, interpreting everything to suit their agenda.

What they seem to be ignoring is that Poch, instead of fuelling the speculationcould with speeches about us having empty pockets or fans not always agreeing with him playing Ben Davies at CB, (which people are happy to interpret and forgive as Poch just leveraging his position) could have ended months of never ending infernal media bullshit fiesta instantly by just stating simply that “unless Levy fires him, he will be working here next season”.

Here’s a thing. There’s a couple of posters that get a lot of shit for their slightly negative interpretation of many of Poch’s utterances, but there’s quite a few on the other side of the argument, interpreting everything to suit their agenda.

What they seem to be ignoring is that Poch, instead of fuelling the speculationcould with speeches about us having empty pockets or fans not always agreeing with him playing Ben Davies at CB, (which people are happy to interpret and forgive as Poch just leveraging his position) could have ended months of never ending infernal media bullshit fiesta instantly by just stating simply that “unless Levy fires him, he will be working here next season”.
I agree with this somewhat. He could make it easier on us if he would just say he was staying but as Totti Totti pointed out he could use this to help his situation at Spurs i.e transfer spending. What he MUST do is to tell the players that he wants to stay. Any speculation or doubt would be terrible for the squad and would do more harm than good if they were left not knowing.

I believe he is fully committed and his interview with Sky proves it.

That is exactly what he has said at least twice before. I recall him saying he would like to be here for the next 15yrs or some such.

I mean fucking hell just how many fucking times does he have to commit his future to the club? 1 per day?

That is exactly what he has said at least twice before. I recall him saying he would like to be here for the next 15yrs or some such.

I mean fucking hell just how many fucking times does he have to commit his future to the club? 1 per day?

I’d like him to say it just once when asked by the press about the current ManU speculation.

Because we all know that context is everything, especially in this industry, and a nice sound bite a few months ago, when he’s just been given a new 8.5m contract, isn’t binding when you are suddenly being offered a chance to double that and build a dynasty at one of the world’s very biggest clubs.

Especially when he’s also said other, less committed stuff like “nothing is certain in football” etc etc

tenor.gif

I’d like him to say it just once when asked by the press about the current ManU speculation.

Because we all know that context is everything, especially in this industry, and a nice sound bite a few months ago, when he’s just been given a new 8.5m contract, isn’t binding when you are suddenly being offered a chance to double that and build a dynasty at one of the world’s very biggest clubs.

Especially when he’s also said other, less committed stuff like “nothing is certain in football” etc etc
He said it more than once.

No manager will rule himself out of managing another team (well amazingly Poch has done this by saying he wouldn't manage Barca it Woolwich, a truly incredible statement).

The reason no manager will ever do this is because on average they only remain 18mths in their jobs. In this current situation, he can't win. No manager can, but no other manager is being openly courted, let alone being courted by the 2 largest football clubs in the world whilst he is still manager of another club.

To bring this into perspective Klopp, Pep, Ancelotti etc aren't being courted but they wouldn't say anything differntly, would they???

Back
Top Bottom