Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look at this bullshit. At the start of the year this guy predicts we’ll finish 6th and that Liverpool will finish 4th. We end up 3rd and his assessment is that we’ve had a disappointing season. Meanwhile the sun shines out of Liverpool’s arse. You couldn’t make this shit up.

Phil McNulty: Premier League end-of-season report and manager ratings
It is incredible, isn't it? Simply can't have them winning the CL purely because of these fawning media fuckwits.

I don’t buy any of this - apart from the occasional pundit who mostly seem to be ex Utd/Pool/Goon I think there’s a lot of confirmation bias going on here.

Overall, I think Spurs get. A lot of coverage and Poch in particular a lot of plaudits. Yes there are consistent questions about not winning trophies....because we haven’t won any.

I imagine the narrative will be the same next season, trophies and Kane leaving, until we kick on. Spurs fans care how far we’ve come and it’s close in our minds how recently we were shit, nobody else cares about that, we’re viewed as contenders now, and the next step is to win stuff

I don’t buy any of this - apart from the occasional pundit who mostly seem to be ex Utd/Pool/Goon I think there’s a lot of confirmation bias going on here.

Overall, I think Spurs get. A lot of coverage and Poch in particular a lot of plaudits. Yes there are consistent questions about not winning trophies....because we haven’t won any.

I imagine the narrative will be the same next season, trophies and Kane leaving, until we kick on. Spurs fans care how far we’ve come and it’s close in our minds how recently we were shit, nobody else cares about that, we’re viewed as contenders now, and the next step is to win stuff
Sorry but I disagree. There is always a certain subjectivity in these things but the likes of Liverpool, Arse, Chels never get the constant questions about selling players the way we do despite them doing it more. Every bit of praise is always tinged with a but ....Liv haven't won shit for best part of a decade and I never hear that Klopp needs to win a trophy blah blah.
In a way, Im glad they doubt our progress because it will be that much sweeter to shove their disparaging comments down their throats

Fun listening to every radio news update:

Absolutely fascinating that the vast majority of what I heard in the sports news included 'Liverpool thrashed Brighton to get top 4' with almost always no mention whatsoever of Spurs. Accompanied by news of Chelsea's defeat just to emphasise the fact.

Surely, 'Spurs beat Leicester City 5-4 in a nine goal thriller to secure third while Liverpool...' would make so much more sense?

Last edited:
Fun listening to every radio news update:

Absolutely fascinating that the vast majority of what I heard in the sports news included 'Liverpool thrashed Brighton to get top 4' with almost always no mention whatsoever of Spurs. Accompanied by news of Chelsea's defeat just to emphasise the fact.

Surely, 'Spurs beat Leicester City 5-4 in a nine goal thriller to secure third while Liverpool...' would make so much more sense?
BBC 5 live sport news headed with
POCH and his "back me " Levy , through the late evening and night .

Because the BBC can't help themselves. Harry is shit (presumably by a dipper fan), followed by spurs make me throw up (by the BBC reporter!)

Johnny Spencer: Controversial but Harry Kane. When you find out his greed for the Golden Boot outweighs team cohesion by claiming a goal that quite clearly wasn't his

Did it really 'outweigh'/affect team cohesion Johnny? The 'buddyness' is so strong between his team-mates it's almost sickly. Actually, I think I did throw up.

Because the BBC can't help themselves. Harry is shit (presumably by a dipper fan), followed by spurs make me throw up (by the BBC reporter!)

Johnny Spencer: Controversial but Harry Kane. When you find out his greed for the Golden Boot outweighs team cohesion by claiming a goal that quite clearly wasn't his

Did it really 'outweigh'/affect team cohesion Johnny? The 'buddyness' is so strong between his team-mates it's almost sickly. Actually, I think I did throw up.

How can a tight team unit be a bad thing?!

Lazy, blinkered and not at all impartial reporting. I love it. More salt please!

Fuck the BBC.

9 goals in our game and not a single mention this morning on breakfast.

Salahs daughter getting cheered for kicking a football is literally the lead story. Every fuckers kids where on the pitch yesterday - its was the last game of the season. Dippers love in continues.

I'd like to think that the lack of attention will be a good thing going into the summer but unfortunately from experience i know that we can look forward to our English players being scapegoated to fuck after another completely apathetic international tournament. All the while they will continue to do their very best to orchestrate moves for our entire playing and management staff throughout the break.

I feel a bit lucky being a Spurs supporter in Norway (if you look past the fact that i don't get to watch a lot of games in person). TV2 is the norwegian channel that have the rights to PL here and in the studio is Erik Thorstvedt usually one of the experts. It is also hosted by Jon Hartvig Børrestad who also is a spurs fan (he have been pictured at the lane several times cheering). So for the most part it is a very spurs friendly studio.
They have also invited Ryan Mason in a couple of times, which is great.
:tobyarm:

I so hope those cunts lose the final. I don't even like Madrid and the preening Ronaldo, but I'll have them winning it again over Kloop and co. It'll be fucking insufferable in the media if they do.
Absolutely. Personally I don't mind Real Madrid, at least now we've beaten them. I'm finally over us losing Modric and Bale to them.

Seeing some Scousers crying while Ronaldo flexes his muscles would be hilarious.

I must confess I kind of like Ronaldo. His arrogance on the pitch is second to none, but according to him in many interviews it's a persona that he uses to deliver the goods. Same as Dele. Off the pitch he seems a decent man and has I believe given among the most to charity of current sportsmen.

Back
Top Bottom