Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, Charlie Eccleshire (Gooner) is no longer covering Tottenham for The Athletic. He has been replaced by
Jay Harris, yet another fucking Gooner!!!!

View: https://x.com/dannykellywords/status/1793553874764419135

Now, I like The Athletic, across the board they have some of the best Sports writers in the business and are worth the subs. Eccleshire was a very good writer (I also really rate Jack Pitt-Brook) for us and as a result was able to let his writing (and talking) mask his supporting allegiances.

This new guy has just written a fantastic piece on Lucas Bergvall, so hopefully we will be treated to many more great articles.

But fucking hell!!! Where are all the Spurs writers? Why isn't there a single one that could cover Spurs and why do we get gooners covering us?

Compare this to what the scum have writing about them at The Athletic - they have chief propagandist Amy Lawrence, hotly followed by James McNicholas of gunnerblog and also Art de Roche.

Why the imbalance?

Yeah it’s ridiculous to give him the job of covering us really.

There is another guy who sits in sometimes (can’t recall his name) who is definitely a Spurs fan and I assume works for the Athletic.
Edit. Think he may be called James Moore
I think you mean James Maw?? He’s a regular on the Podcast hosted by Danny Kelly. He’s an Editor not a writer (he used to be the editor at FourFourTwo magazine). I think he’s fucking terrible, easily one of the most depressing Spurs fans you will ever meet, he has the tactical nouce of a snail.

This is something I feel should be in the Media Bias section as they have perpetuated this nonsense.

I am seriously sick of the "Spurs don't win anything" tagline we have.

If they're talking in recent times, who outside of the other top 6 HAS won anything in England top flight football outside of one time wins by the likes of Leicester, Wigan & Birmingham?

Why don't the likes of Newcastle, who have won NOTHING (except the Championship) since 1969 get the same crap thrown at them?

Why don't the Goons, who have bottled the league title more times than ANYONE, not to mention their constant failings in Europe get anything close to that thrown at them?

Regardless of how long ago it was since we last won a trophy, we've got 2 League title wins (one of which was part of the first double in the 20th century), 8 FA Cup wins, 4 League Cup wins and 3 European Trophies.

There is literally about 5-7 clubs in England who have a better trophy record than us, yet it's always us who gets it "never win anything" tagline and I'm beyond tired of it.

OK, rant over, had to get that off my mind...

This is something I feel should be in the Media Bias section as they have perpetuated this nonsense.

I am seriously sick of the "Spurs don't win anything" tagline we have.

If they're talking in recent times, who outside of the other top 6 HAS won anything in England top flight football outside of one time wins by the likes of Leicester, Wigan & Birmingham?

Why don't the likes of Newcastle, who have won NOTHING (except the Championship) since 1969 get the same crap thrown at them?

Why don't the Goons, who have bottled the league title more times than ANYONE, not to mention their constant failings in Europe get anything close to that thrown at them?

Regardless of how long ago it was since we last won a trophy, we've got 2 League title wins (one of which was part of the first double in the 20th century), 8 FA Cup wins, 4 League Cup wins and 3 European Trophies.

There is literally about 5-7 clubs in England who have a better trophy record than us, yet it's always us who gets it "never win anything" tagline and I'm beyond tired of it.

OK, rant over, had to get that off my mind...
2 League Cups "since Football was invented in 1992" is partly to blame I reckon!!

Just the wording of this is what irks me...

The notion that TOTTENHAM are going in for Gallagher 'cos of the cut price nature of the deal plays directly into the hands of people who still portray us as tight fisted Jews who are always looking out for a bargain!
...and what, Aston Villa aren't doing that???
Yet THEY don't get lumped in with the same assumption... Just us!

I know it sounds 'tin-hat'... but there does always seem to be an undercurrent of anti-Semitism connected to the hatred where we're concerned...
Cos, as we're CONSTANTLY being reminded, it can't be bourne out of JEALOUSY, cos apparently we've won NOTHING!!

so it HAS to be something else!

THIS is why people with no apparent history with us, still hate us...

Last edited:

The notion that TOTTENHAM are going in for Gallagher 'cos of the cut price nature of the deal plays directly into the hands of people who still portray us as tight fisted Jews who are always looking out for a bargain!

Also it's just patently wrong. We've been strongly linked with Gallagher at least in the last summer window.So Villa are joining us, not the other way around.

This undercurrent theme always seems to be there.

Also this:

"Tottenham are aware of the difficulties that may arise in trying to lure Gallagher across London, particularly given the player’s deep-rooted Chelsea connections
The midfielder's deep-rooted connections to his current club could make him an uneasy target for Spurs

"The midfielder's deep-rooted connections to his current club could make him an uneasy target for Spurs..."

Yeah, and I wonder why there's an uneasiness between the clubs...?

...anything to do with them being a club with a particularly nasty racist core within its' fanbase?

Trust Das Tägliche Mail to gloss over that uneasy fact, and suggest it's Spurs' problem with THEM!

I think you mean James Maw?? He’s a regular on the Podcast hosted by Danny Kelly. He’s an Editor not a writer (he used to be the editor at FourFourTwo magazine). I think he’s fucking terrible, easily one of the most depressing Spurs fans you will ever meet, he has the tactical nouce of a snail.
Yeah James Maw offers very little to that podcast. Just kind of there. Eccleshare is a loss I think. Despite his apparent support for the arse, he was really good.

Also this:

The midfielder's deep-rooted connections to his current club could make him an uneasy target for Spurs's deep-rooted connections to his current club could make him an uneasy target for Spurs

Yeah, and I wonder why there's an uneasiness between the clubs...?

...anything to do with them being a club with a particularly nasty racist core within its' fanbase?

Trust Das Tägliche Mail to gloss over that uneasy fact, and suggest it's Spurs' problem with THEM!
I really really don't want this tosser in a Spurs shirt. Happily I'm confident it will not happen. Why so many can forgive this for Chelsea's Todd Cantwell I can not fathom. We can do better in every way.

Back
Top Bottom