Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Met him out in Madrid in a bar 2 nights before the CL final in 2019. Was perfectly pleasant in fairness
What struck me and the mate who were chatting to him, afterwards, was how he skilfully didn’t answer anything but kept asking us “Who do you think you will sign?” “Do you think Poch will go if he wins this?” As if we had some fucking clue about anything
You shoulda given some made up bullshit answer, just to see if it made it into the paper from his 'inside source'

Us losing one game won't define our history, or shape our future... Qualifying for the CL doesn't even make much difference if we don't go deep into the Competition...

Woolwich winning the league WILL shape their future... and diminish ANY progress we've made this season.

There's more at play than just 'bragging rights'!

Either the media genuinely don't get that, or they're pretending it doesn't matter because WE'RE involved!

...and how come Man Utd fans (who I'm sure didn't give two shits that they lost last weekend to Woolwich) didn't get the same flack WE did?

Last edited:
If it was them winning the league vs us winning the UCL, then yeah they'd have a point.
If it was them winning the league vs us winning the Europa league, then yeah they'd have a point.
If it was them winning the league vs us guaranteeing qualification for the UCL, then... well it's a sketchy point but it's closer.
If it was them winning the league vs us being in pole position for qualifying for the UCL, then that's a bit closer but I'm still voting us to lose.
As it was it was them winning the league vs us having a slim slither of hope for merely qualifying for the UCL. That's nothing to shout about.

Qualifying for the UCL isn't that special to us. Of course we wanted to be there, but the reality is that we've been there plenty over the last ten years, it's not new to us like it is to Villa. Breaking into that top 4 is something we've achieved, consistently, and are firmly rooted as a "top 6" team now who can expect to challenge for UCL every year. It sounds like cope, but a year in the Europa given our progress under Ange is perfect for us.

Then add on that we were playing Man City, not just Man City but Man City in "end of season serious mode" when they win every game going. And people are talking as if we had a choice? A draw wouldn't have been worth anything, it was a win or nothing.

If it was them winning the league vs us winning the UCL, then yeah they'd have a point.
If it was them winning the league vs us winning the Europa league, then yeah they'd have a point.
If it was them winning the league vs us guaranteeing qualification for the UCL, then... well it's a sketchy point but it's closer.
If it was them winning the league vs us being in pole position for qualifying for the UCL, then that's a bit closer but I'm still voting us to lose.
As it was it was them winning the league vs us having a slim slither of hope for merely qualifying for the UCL. That's nothing to shout about.

Qualifying for the UCL isn't that special to us. Of course we wanted to be there, but the reality is that we've been there plenty over the last ten years, it's not new to us like it is to Villa. Breaking into that top 4 is something we've achieved, consistently, and are firmly rooted as a "top 6" team now who can expect to challenge for UCL every year. It sounds like cope, but a year in the Europa given our progress under Ange is perfect for us.

Then add on that we were playing Man City, not just Man City but Man City in "end of season serious mode" when they win every game going. And people are talking as if we had a choice? A draw wouldn't have been worth anything, it was a win or nothing.
Pointy 100% Handclap reaction to this .... ABSOLUTELY!!

Thing is, we've been ridiculed for a few years now, (like ArseAnal were before us) for treating 4th like a Trophy...

Well, they're all RIGHT, it's NOT a trophy, it's a league position, and a good one at that, don't get me wrong...

But HONESTLY HONESTLY, even with Spurs tinted glasses on... They TOLD us it wasn't a trophy, so WHY on earth should we be worried to miss out on a 'non' trophy?

I'm fine with it....
5th is improvement, and fine by me.

HOWEVER... what IS a trophy, is the PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE.... and Woolwich missed out on that... Not us, we were never in the running!

We finished 5th, not 4th, big whoop, we'll get over it and have plenty of room for improvement.

Missing out on the Titie TWO years in a row - an ACTUAL TROPHY that everyone can agree on IS worth winning - must hurt 10 fold more!

We finished where I think we deserved to...
What's funny, is that Woolwich didn't finish where their FANS thought they deserved to... and lost out on a trophy in the process...

We didn't!

We just helped them along the way!

Us losing one game won't define our history, or shape our future... Qualifying for the CL doesn't even make much difference if we don't go deep into the Competition...

Woolwich winning the league WILL shape their future... and diminish ANY progress we've made this season.

There's more at play than just 'bragging rights'!

Either the media genuinely don't get that, or they're pretending it doesn't matter because WE'RE involved!

...and how come Man Utd fans (who I'm sure didn't give two shits that they lost last weekend to Woolwich) didn't get the same flack WE did?

Being in the CL will help us retain talent.
Do you think Kane would have stayed for as long as he did if we repeatedly missed out on CL football? We were in it for most of his time at Spurs.
Do you think going forward, that the likes of VDV or Romero will be happy at Spurs playing Carrierbag FC instead of the Barcelona's and Reals of the world? Of course not.

1st to 4th place teams superb, even Liverpool did really well to finish 3rd in a 'transitional season', Newcastle despite injuries all season done well to finish in Europe even though they've dropped from Champs League to Conference in one season, Chelsea did well to qualify for Europe however Tottenham though finish flat and after a season that promised so much ended as an anti climax (didn't we have just as many injuries as Newcastle?), he also jumps on the ''frailties inside and outside the club'' bullshit. That's gonna live with us for the next century isn't it.

What a load of fucking crap.

1st to 4th place teams superb, even Liverpool did really well to finish 3rd in a 'transitional season', Newcastle despite injuries all season done well to finish in Europe even though they've dropped from Champs League to Conference in one season, Chelsea did well to qualify for Europe however Tottenham though finish flat and after a season that promised so much ended as an anti climax (didn't we have just as many injuries as Newcastle?), he also jumps on the ''frailties inside and outside the club'' bullshit. That's gonna live with us for the next century isn't it.

Lol. What did we promise? And how are we not transitional but Liverpool are?

It's funny when others are saying we have had a poor season, you can't not admit the clubs below us are worse for not capitalising on our poor form.

Lol. What did we promise? And how are we not transitional but Liverpool are?

It's funny when others are saying we have had a poor season, you can't not admit the clubs below us are worse for not capitalising on our poor form.

It’s because he is a liverpool fan. The contrast in tone is obvious isn’t it. He tipped us to finish fucking eighth! No comment on how much better we did than his stupid prediction.

Bottom line is this:

We narrowly missed out on a trophy that doesn't even exist....

Woolwich lost out on a trophy that is pretty much the Holy Grail that everyone covets!

Fine margins! But who's MORE pissed off right now?

I'm happy with how things played out ...

4th is 4th, 5th is 5th... Losing out on one or the other doesn't REALLY matter...

The TITLE is THE TITLE...
losing THAT 'cos of Villa, or Sonny, or Fulham HAS to hurt worse!

Sleep well YIDDOS.

So, Charlie Eccleshire (Gooner) is no longer covering Tottenham for The Athletic. He has been replaced by
Jay Harris, yet another fucking Gooner!!!!

View: https://x.com/dannykellywords/status/1793553874764419135

Now, I like The Athletic, across the board they have some of the best Sports writers in the business and are worth the subs. Eccleshire was a very good writer (I also really rate Jack Pitt-Brook) for us and as a result was able to let his writing (and talking) mask his supporting allegiances.

This new guy has just written a fantastic piece on Lucas Bergvall, so hopefully we will be treated to many more great articles.

But fucking hell!!! Where are all the Spurs writers? Why isn't there a single one that could cover Spurs and why do we get gooners covering us?

Compare this to what the scum have writing about them at The Athletic - they have chief propagandist Amy Lawrence, hotly followed by James McNicholas of gunnerblog and also Art de Roche.

Why the imbalance?

So, Charlie Eccleshire (Gooner) is no longer covering Tottenham for The Athletic. He has been replaced by

Now, I like The Athletic, across the board they have some of the best Sports writers in the business and are worth the subs. Eccleshire was a very good writer (I also really rate Jack Pitt-Brook) for us and as a result was able to let his writing (and talking) mask his supporting allegiances.

This new guy has just written a fantastic piece on Lucas Bergvall, so hopefully we will be treated to many more great articles.

But fucking hell!!! Where are all the Spurs writers? Why isn't there a single one that could cover Spurs and why do we get gooners covering us?

Compare this to what the scum have writing about them at The Athletic - they have chief propagandist Amy Lawrence, hotly followed by James McNicholas of gunnerblog and also Art de Roche.

Why the imbalance?

Is it because we are a bit Spursy?

Why the imbalance?

I have to say I had no idea Charlie was a gooner until he left so he was completely impartial. His Spurs knowledge (match scores, players) is better than mine. So I can give him no higher praise than that.

Time will tell if Jay is the same.

As for Spurs writers, I'm suprised Ally hasn't been snapped by the Athletic although I quite like him being with football.london as they give him a lot of independence. So hope he doesn't really.

I have to say I had no idea Charlie was a gooner until he left so he was completely impartial. His Spurs knowledge (match scores, players) is better than mine. So I can give him no higher praise than that.

Time will tell if Jay is the same.

As for Spurs writers, I'm suprised Ally hasn't been snapped by the Athletic although I quite like him being with football.london as they give him a lot of independence. So hope he doesn't really.
The stuff Eccleshire wrote at the Telegraph was horrendous clickbait stuff, so I was very wary when he was assigned to report on us but I think he did a good job.

All I want is just one good writer that’s a Spurs fan, we don’t have ONE!!!

The stuff Eccleshire wrote at the Telegraph was horrendous clickbait stuff, so I was very wary when he was assigned to report on us but I think he did a good job.

All I want is just one good writer that’s a Spurs fan, we don’t have ONE!!!
There is another guy who sits in sometimes (can’t recall his name) who is definitely a Spurs fan and I assume works for the Athletic.
Edit. Think he may be called James Moore

Back
Top Bottom