Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very underhanded and partisan. No shit England aren't favored to win the damn thing, but the moment they go out, regardless of circumstances, now he'll be following up with "I was right, Tottenham players don't have what it takes".

Because England's Golden Generation was filled with winners and they swept the World Cups, no?

With that in mind, if England win the World cup...do we get to claim Spurs won it?

Very underhanded and partisan. No shit England aren't favored to win the damn thing, but the moment they go out, regardless of circumstances, now he'll be following up with "I was right, Tottenham players don't have what it takes".

Because England's Golden Generation was filled with winners and they swept the World Cups, no?
Thing is... the Media have the perfect 'outlet' now...
Same as saying Spurs are 'bottlers' UNTIL ...sorry UNLESS we win something!

It's an easy stick to beat us with... seeing as it's far easier NOT to win the World Cup or the Premiership, than it is to WIN it!

I do actually think that SOME of the press are coming around to the idea that, like it or not, Spurs players are providing the spine of this England World Cup team... so either back us, or fuck off!

“He's quicker than Dier, he gets about more, he gets his foot in. Dier gets his foot in but Henderson has that pace to recover. Dier's recovery runs aren't as good as Henderson's.

he doesnt run fast he just has a weird run, Dier doesnt need to have as good recoverry runs because he is not out of position as much.

If you are trying to convince everyone you have a great team Jordan Henderson is a really bad place to start

Just going to leave this here from Wikipedia: "Adams made his debut for England against Spain in 1987, and played in Euro 88. England lost all three games"

Other tournaments he played in:

Euro '96 - Semi Finals
World Cup '98 - Round of 16
Euro 2000 - Group Stages

Need I say more.
Yeah, but it was Gazza's fault we lost the Semi-Final... the chance he had at the end of Extra-time... typical Spurs! (Even though he wasn't playing for us by that point... still Spurs fault!)

Yeah, but it was Gazza's fault we lost the Semi-Final... the chance he had at the end of Extra-time... typical Spurs! (Even though he wasn't playing for us by that point... still Spurs fault!)

Of course, I forgot that. And Southgate missed the penalty because he once played for Crystal Palace, which is in London, just like Tottenham, so Spurs' fault. How could I forget.

1988 Chris Waddle - clearly his fault
1998 Campbell, Anderton and Les Ferdinand. Glenn Hoddle was the manager. We were destined to fail from the outset
2000 Campbell

I can see a pattern emerging here. There are always loads of Spurs players involved when we fail.

Im guessing a few of our fans would agree.....the ones who think Henderson and his team had a better season
We have overall the better team, they had overall the better season. That's my opinion, not a fact.

I have no interest in arguing over this any further as it is utterly irrelevant in this discussion.

Back to topic, do you think Henderson deserves to start ahead of Dier?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...erpool-Woolwich-chelsea-cliques-a8403411.html

Am I missing something here?

Change Woolwich in the url.

Not one to deny there have been cliques but that article somewhat exaggerates and over-emphasis it. I mean it makes out that Woolwich have supplied a shedload of England Internationals for one and that is just plan wrong:
Df8_zhZWAAEA-L9.jpg

Last edited:
No one to deny there have been cliques but that article somewhat exaggerates and over-emphasis it. I mean it makes out that Woolwich have supplied a shedload of England Internationals for one and that is just plan wrong:
Df8_zhZWAAEA-L9.jpg

I knew we were about that level, but didn't realise how poorly teams like Palace, Norwich, etc have done.

I knew we were about that level, but didn't realise how poorly teams like Palace, Norwich, etc have done.
I wonder how much of that is just that those clubs have not had players good enough, and how much is the English FA just picking players from the "big clubs" in fear of the average Englishman not caring about the national team otherwhise

Not one to deny there have been cliques but that article somewhat exaggerates and over-emphasis it. I mean it makes out that Woolwich have supplied a shedload of England Internationals for one and that is just plan wrong:
Df8_zhZWAAEA-L9.jpg

Whats the timeframe? Are those all-time stats?

Df8_zhZWAAEA-L9.jpg
Are you the guy running this website?

Back
Top Bottom