Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting article all about media/fan bias by Henry Winter in The Times today:.
<snip>
What a load of drivel.

Quite. I think this was my favourite bit...

Most of the former United and Liverpool pundits are pretty objective. Press boxes are neutral, and the three or four Liverpool fans by birth among the main 50-odd football writers are, to this observer’s eye, consistently balanced. Yes, they salute Jürgen Klopp and his team, just as they have City under Guardiola, United under Sir Alex Ferguson, Chelsea under José Mourinho and Woolwich, for the most part, under Arsène Wenger. And yet there is this perception of Liverpool being the media darlings. During an instructive debate on social media over the past 36 hours, one supporter retorted, and doubtless spoke for many: “Facts don’t matter when it comes to hating Liverpool.”

Is it me or is there a club missing there?
:sonhmm:
And in an article refuting media bias no less!
:sonlol:

Match Of The Day Alan Shearer disgraced himself by agreeing with the cheat ref who booked Harry Kane for diving in the same match the ref gave loads of dives to Wolves players which helped them win.

Danny Murphy stated before him, it was NOT a dive and the Wolves player stuck out a leg which caught Kane, which was true. The Shearer shocked the panel supporting the ref and declaring Harry Kane was a "diver" in that incident.

Gary Linker then quipped, "He's probably jealous of Harry's MBE". Shearer has only a CBE.
CBE is higher than MBE.

You know it bugs me that they keep putting Alan Smith on our commentary but I've noticed we tend to keep winning; I've since decided to find his inability to hide his disappointment at this fact quietly pleasing

So happy I have access to alternative broadcasts. Can not STAND Alan Smith and Jamie Carragher. I'll usually watch on NBCSN which has Lee Dixon but he's fine. Not an annoying voice and you hardly notice him to be honest.

I’m not sure if that’s sarcastic or not.
Definitely taking the piss. Looking for likes and retweets just like The FA Tweet last year. It could have been worded totally differently but no.

The irony is I actually see nothing wrong in "putting pressure on" especially as those that chose to mock that whilst their teams are unable to do so and don't. One of the problems of social media's voice being dominated by 13yr olds. Just look at the replies to the tweet!

Definitely taking the piss. Looking for likes and retweets just like The FA Tweet last year. It could have been worded totally differently but no.

The irony is I actually see nothing wrong in "putting pressure on" especially as those that chose to mock that whilst their teams are unable to do so and don't. One of the problems of social media's voice being dominated by 13yr olds. Just look at the replies to the tweet!
Funny thing is 90% of those taking the piss are below us in the league.

Funny thing is 90% of those taking the piss are below us in the league.
Which is the bit that is totally lost on me. Like when you see that West Ham fan desperate to join into the conversation and types "put that in your trophy cabinet".
giphy.gif

After Wolves 99% of the forum, myself included, thought it was over.
Of them most claimed we were never in it to begin with and 3rd would be amazing with our budget.

So why should the media be calling us challengers?

Thinking of 'pundits' i hate...i might be here a while.
Savage - repulsive individual with his constant 'you knows' just vile and so glad he got a slap when he received his losers medal at Wembley in 99.
J.Redknapp - repugnant has been with an agenda. So far up his own arse as well.
Smith - bunged up woolwich ostrich, personality of a paper bag.
Dixon - boring no nothing woolwich scum
Gullitt - total cunt
Keyes - yewtree candidate
Neville - so biased towards united it's untrue
Scholes - as above
Lawrenson - urrghh
Lineker - fuck off
Keown - shit
Ince - vermin
Kilbane - scum

Some i don't mind...
Jenas - understands the game and sticks up for us.
Ian Wright - nomad but again knows the game and speaks the truth.
Macmanaman - i know a lot don't like him but i think he is ok.
Ginola - say no more. That wankers sign he did to that co-presenter ha ha

Thinking of 'pundits' i hate...i might be here a while.
Savage - repulsive individual with his constant 'you knows' just vile and so glad he got a slap when he received his losers medal at Wembley in 99.
J.Redknapp - repugnant has been with an agenda. So far up his own arse as well.
Smith - bunged up woolwich ostrich, personality of a paper bag.
Dixon - boring no nothing woolwich scum
Gullitt - total cunt
Keyes - yewtree candidate
Neville - so biased towards united it's untrue
Scholes - as above
Lawrenson - urrghh
Lineker - fuck off
Keown - shit
Ince - vermin
Kilbane - scum

Some i don't mind...
Jenas - understands the game and sticks up for us.
Ian Wright - nomad but again knows the game and speaks the truth.
Macmanaman - i know a lot don't like him but i think he is ok.
Ginola - say no more. That wankers sign he did to that co-presenter ha ha
From that list, the only one I disagree with is Kilbane I'm bassing this off mainly his co-comms which I think are quite good and astute. And Neville, to be specific I think his analysis was so welcomed and moved the bar up. With that said his campaign to get Poch to Utd has broken all the good, he had done prior to this. And Lineker I wouldn't call a pundit, he doesn't really offer any opinion at all (apart from twitter). MacManaman I think is shite.

Add to the bad
Fat Sam
Merson
Groves
Parlour
Upson
Sutton
Every pundit on the books at ESPN
Nicol, Hislop, Burleigh, Mariner

One of the best pundits I've seen was Vialli, I think it was for BBC during the Euros (then again later for the World Cup) when he talked everyone listened. Of the same ilk, I remember Clarence Seedorf quality pundits to add to the good list.

I miss Murphy's co-comms spot, do not like him as a pundit but alongside the commentator his reading of the game was excellent, he would also put his nuts on the line and recommend what he would change etc..

I thought Gerrard and Lampard, more specifically Lampard were excellent pundits for a short time.

Amazing that they could never play well together but worked as a pair of pundits. Most are shit though. Vialli and Seedorf are great shouts, like James Richardson too. Who should be everywhere

Could never find it in me to credit any chelsea scum so vialli and lampard are useless. Gerrard would be ok but needs a larynx transplant. I had forgotten Sutton Guido, totally agree he belongs on the hated list.

Back
Top Bottom