Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Football365 are about to get a call from Levy's lawyers...

Nice to see the media double down on Spurs being racist. A Chelsea fan/journo on the payroll heard it so facts be damned. I'm sure being a Chav he would have been closer to the racist fans taunting Sonny than Rudiger but selective hearing is a thing.

"no official evidence". That should be the catch cry of the modern media. Embarrassing.

The so called pundits (that are supposed to be impartial) who actually get paid to spout their bias is a disgrace. The libelous and toxic garbage they push (if it wasn't so serious) reminds me of schoolyard bullying. In order to deflect from their own club's horrendous issues, they use their soap box to often create trouble elsewhere where there is none, whilst ignoring legitimate problems in their own backyard.

Dharmesh Sheth everyone. He's not worthy of drinking Poch's piss
- the guy to the left is superduper cool
Dharmesh-Sheth-2.jpg

I remember this at the time, fair play to him for shutting everything down!

So after yesterday’s game when Henderson was screaming like a baby after barely being touched where is the British pundits saying “it must be a British / English thing’. Absolute joke when souness criticised lamela but everyone over reacts including English players. However it’s barely touched on! The hypocrisy stinks! I guess Henderson plays for Liverpool if it was Kane all england fans would have complained his nothing but a diver!

Nice to see the media double down on Spurs being racist. A Chelsea fan/journo on the payroll heard it so facts be damned. I'm sure being a Chav he would have been closer to the racist fans taunting Sonny than Rudiger but selective hearing is a thing.

"no official evidence". That should be the catch cry of the modern media. Embarrassing.

Changed it to this...I mean, FFS, is this any better?

TOTTENHAM – Antonio Rudiger
The Athletic claimed Rudiger pulled out of a loan move to Tottenham because he ‘felt wary of the potential fall out from supporters for playing for one of Chelsea’s biggest rivals’. But having been at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium the last time he played there in front of fans, there may be other compelling reasons for turning them down.

Dharmesh Sheth everyone. He's not worthy of drinking Poch's piss
- the guy to the left is superduper cool
Dharmesh-Sheth-2.jpg

So satisfying to see that little weasel pushing the sky United agenda shut down so effectively!

Didn't Darmesh tweet some shite saying he's "okay" and "thanking everyone for their support"? complete berk.

The Athletic claimed Rudiger pulled out of a loan move to Tottenham because he ‘felt wary of the potential fall out from supporters for playing for one of Chelsea’s biggest rivals’. But having been at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium the last time he played there in front of fans, there may be other compelling reasons for turning them down.

Good lord. Perhaps the whole point of the "Rudiger to Spurs" guff in the transfer window was purely to hypothesize that Rudiger was in fear for his life of the nasty Spurs lynch mob that exists in the mind of journalists.

I love that they throw classy hipsters The Athletic's name at the start of the paragraph so they can postulate about Spurs being racist whilst still keeping themselves at arms length. Why not save the keystrokes and have a headline saying SPURS ARE RACIST and have a picture of Samantha Fox.

I wonder if this garbage will make the Football 365 Media Watch page.

I feel that the Media does not give spurs any credit. For example after the Manchester game NO CREDIT was given to Spurs at all, at sky the Media narrative was that Manchester were appalling (which they were) but no one was talking about how spurs exploited united's defence and the skill of Son and Kane. The Pundits at Sky must hate spurs, Gary Neville who I have been in support of lately did not want to give any credit to Spurs. THIS IS A DISGRACE

With the media already not liking us Jose coming here must have been icing on the cake for them.

Jose has the prime growing ground for a siege mentality here.

I suppose we can’t have it both ways but Jamie O’Hara does us no favours.. 4 games in - this kinda shit just asks for abuse.

With the media already not liking us Jose coming here must have been icing on the cake for them.

Jose has the prime growing ground for a siege mentality here.

Bring it on..... Could have done with a bit more of that when we were constantly getting chipped away at by the media when we were doing well under Poch.

I saw Rudiger playing for Germany against Switzerland and in the 3rd minute of extra time he did a very deliberate elbow into the Swiss guy's head (I wonder if anyone can find a video for it?) - it was very clearly deliberate and sweat bounced off the guy's head there was so much impact. He only got a yellow.

rudiger-elbow-video.jpg

Spurs do not want such characters to be in their squad - we don't have to be nice, but we don't have to be evil either.

Rudiger has a long history of making claims he heard "monkey noises" and when it was proven that no Spurs fan made a monkey noise because of owning the most sophistated stadium in the world which could actually pin point individual supporters in each seat and the police were satisfied it never happened, the lie Rudiger created was left by the media who vilified Tottenham for several weeks before even asking for a points deduction.

By the way, after the match, Rudiger and Swiss opponent Granit Xhaka did a massive handshake and hug like they were best buddies. No wonder he was such a 'nutter' against Spurs in that other match.

The British media cover up the lies and cheating and the fact Tottenham are getting the worst refereeing in ALL the leagues in the world because they want evil to prevail.

I quite like the media hating us - it gives us a common enemy which is very useful in social gatherings - let's be fair nobody likes today's modern shit-stirring, scaremongering, lying, click-bait seeking media. Journalists are just social media bloggers under a different name, most couldn't find their bums with both hands.

If there was a building fire and three people ran out of the door burning who would you piss on first the communist? the fascist? or the journalist? .... bet nobody saved the journalist.

YES!! he's looking for it, waiting, waiting for the contact, he gets it too, in spades, you aren't going to see a clearer penalty than this on account that Kane doesn't even challenge for the ball. Lallana does and fouls him. The only question mark over it is was it or wasn't it in the box and replays clearly show it was in the box. There is NOTHING controversial about this goal.

Now spot the fucking difference..................

Back
Top Bottom