Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bindipper Broadcasting Corporation
2dh8llz.jpg

Don't know where to put this.
Sky Debate right now, coming up....
Spurs' Wembley woes.

Actually Neville made some valid points and Bellamy really rates us.

Phil Neville thought it was 50/50 coutihno would win the title with Liverpool but his chance are higher at Barca?
Bellamy does he want to compete in the champions league or win it.

Nobody mentions they only finished in top 6 once since 2010 before last season.
Hardly CL regulars anyway.

Van Djik to better himself at a Liverpool
Nobody mentioned southampton finished two points 1 place below Liverpool 14/15
3 points and two places above them 15/16 ( even West Ham above Liverpool)
And Southampton got nearer to winning a trophy last season.

Don't know where to put this.
Sky Debate right now, coming up....
Spurs' Wembley woes.

Actually Neville made some valid points and Bellamy really rates us.

Phil Neville thought it was 50/50 coutihno would win the title with Liverpool but his chance are higher at Barca?
Bellamy does he want to compete in the champions league or win it.

Nobody mentions they only finished in top 6 once since 2010 before last season.
Hardly CL regulars anyway.

Van Djik to better himself at a Liverpool
Nobody mentioned southampton finished two points 1 place below Liverpool 14/15
3 points and two places above them 15/16 ( even West Ham above Liverpool)
And Southampton got nearer to winning a trophy last season.
It's their year, if not next years is their's if not.....

I avoided it this morning in my drive in, as I knew it'd piss me off, but I'm glad they're taking that angle rather than - "same old spurs selling their players" - which is what I was anticipating.
That will no doubt the the case with Durham in the afternoon. Although, Gary Neville has already criticised Rose, so there is a chance he will follow him, he usually copies what Nev has to say or else look even more of a twat than usual.

paddy spur paddy spur Any comeback from your complaint?
Holding position email

"Thanks for contacting the BBC. This is to confirm we’ve received the attached complaint sent in this name. We’ve included the text of the complaint and a case reference for your records (see below).

Please don’t reply to this email because it’s an automated acknowledgement sent from an account which can’t receive replies. If you do need to get in touch, please use our webform instead at www.bbc.co.uk/complaints, quoting your reference number.

We’ll normally include the text below in our overnight report to producers and management of all the complaints and other reaction we receive today (with your personal details removed). This means it will reach the right people by tomorrow morning.

We’ll do our best to reply as soon as we can, but the time needed depends on the nature of your complaint. If we can’t reply as soon as we’d like (usually within 10 working days) we’ll let you know. For full details of our complaints process please visit: BBC - Complaints - What happens to your complaint.

Here are the details of your complaint:
YOUR COMPLAINT:

Complaint Summary: Image displayed did not represent spurs

Full Complaint: Despite Tottenham finnishing in the top 4 for the last 2 seasons and generally perceived as being one of the best teams in the land. Your image of club badges that seamed to represent the six best teams in the league failed to recognise this.Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

----------

Thank you again for contacting us,

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Please note: this email is sent from an unmonitored address so please don’t reply. If necessary please contact us through our webform (please include your case reference number)."

They probably just used the image from the previous year after Leicester used many performance enhancing drugs won it and left it at that.

In a discussion about media bias, a bit of media balance. ;)

Despite spending nothing, Spurs' ambition should be lauded not questioned

"... you need only walk up Tottenham High Road to see a new stadium taking shape. It is hard to think of anything more visibly aspirational in the long-term than the largest club ground in London."

A fantastic article, beautifully summing up the fundamental difference between a team and an expensive collection of mercenaries, aka the other clubs who finished in the top six last term. The rest of the media simply cannot cope with it.

Plus a young nipper in the park on Sunday was wearing an England strip with Alli on the back. Made me proud.

We'll be ruing the day when you cant move for glory hunters and everyone thinks you just support Spurs because they did the treble.

Must have just been his surname, everyone knows the real dele Ali just has dele on his shirt now........

:allitongue:

I avoided it this morning in my drive in, as I knew it'd piss me off, but I'm glad they're taking that angle rather than - "same old spurs selling their players" - which is what I was anticipating.

It's OK.... The Scum & The Daily Fail have both got that angle covered this morning:
Danny Rose is APPLAUDED by his Tottenham team-mates following explosive interview
.....and;
Tottenham stars plot exit as Danny Rose hits out at wages | Daily Mail Online

What contemptuous, vile pieces of shit these two rags are...

If you wanted proof of a carefully orchestrated, 'perfectly timed' operation aimed at trying to unsettle us ON THE EVE OF THE NEW SEASON, then this is it!

The anti-Spurs agenda from the gutter press and Sky at trying to remove us from their beloved Top 4 is as staggering as it is sickening.
It's also become fucking blatant now!

Last edited:
It's OK.... The Scum & The Daily Fail have both got that angle covered this morning:
Danny Rose is APPLAUDED by his Tottenham team-mates following explosive interview
Tottenham stars plot exit as Danny Rose hits out at wages | Daily Mail Online

What contemptuous, vile pieces of shit these two rags are...

If you wanted proof of a carefully orchestrated, 'perfectly timed' operation aimed at trying to unsettle us ON THE EVE OF THE NEW SEASON, then this is it!

The anti-Spurs agenda from the gutter press and Sky at trying to remove us from their beloved Top 4 is as staggering as it is sickening.
It's also become fucking blatant now!

I don't see how the press could have any idea how the rest of the squad reacted.

Rose / his agent are of course going to say he was supported.

It could even be true that face to face the squad were okay with him - but in private are furious.

Back
Top Bottom