Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Adrian Durham talking about cricket since 4:30pm. Missed most of start of show but heard him talking about Coutinho going to Barca and taking (Liverpool) callers. Has he forgot his team got sensational "giant" killing yesterday?? Had nerve to make a poll which was biggest shock of weekend. Now having a go at Spurs not winning trophies to keep Harry Kane.
'Sounds in a foul mood!

Adrian Durham talking about cricket since 4:30pm. Missed most of start of show but heard him talking about Coutinho going to Barca and taking (Liverpool) callers. Has he forgot his team got sensational "giant" killing yesterday?? Had nerve to make a poll which was biggest shock of weekend. Now having a go at Spurs not winning trophies to keep Harry Kane.
'Sounds in a foul mood!

He's such a fucking Gooner. I hope we draw his other 'team' (Peterborough) in the next round at Wembley. Love it if he turns up, boy he'd be in for some stick!

He'd probably sneak in anyway and wear a big hat and sunglasses. Incognito-like.

Nobody's won anything at this stage of the season anyway. Change the fucking record about trophies ya dickhead!*

*Obviously Durham not you. ;-)

He's such a fucking Gooner. I hope we draw his other 'team' (Peterborough) in the next round at Wembley. Love it if he turns up, boy he'd be in for some stick!

He'd probably sneak in anyway and wear a big hat and sunglasses. Incognito-like.

Nobody's won anything at this stage of the season anyway. Change the fucking record about trophies ya dickhead!*

*Obviously Durham not you. ;-)
Yea dickhead gave it away! :)

Just saw the highlights of today’s game on the BBC website. With reference to AFC Wimbledon’s effort that hit the bar, the woman commentator said that Michel Vorm “had got away with that one”. Stupid cow obviously didn’t see that it was a brilliant save

Did anyone else not enjoy her voice? Felt it grating on my ears and what she was saying we very poor and just describing the action in a really bland way.

Did anyone else not enjoy her voice? Felt it grating on my ears and what she was saying we very poor and just describing the action in a really bland way.
Yea I didn't like BBC and their PC useless female commentator because she's female not coz she is good.

But she was right that Vorm fumbled the shot and went through his hands and nearly was a howler!

A keeper that gets a hand to a volley and pushes it onto the bar, does not ' get away with it.' It is a save, pure and simple, had that been at the other end the keeper would have been a hero.
Good to see that a new BBC commentator is already biased against Spurs.

To me it sounded like she wasn’t commentating live, rather on the highlights. Either way she was shit and should be struck off. :dembele:

I don't think they ever do, that's why Jonathan Pearce always starts his with stuff like "It's been 10 months since player 'x' scored an overhead bicycle kick from his own half......I wonder if he'll ever do that again....."

Followed minutes later by "oh my word, he's done it.....whoever would have predicted that?"

A keeper that gets a hand to a volley and pushes it onto the bar, does not ' get away with it.' It is a save, pure and simple, had that been at the other end the keeper would have been a hero.
Good to see that a new BBC commentator is already biased against Spurs.
Former goalkeeper here and I think Vorm was fortunate. He should have gotten a stronger hand on it. When you rely on the post to save you, it is down to a bit of luck. Sometimes all you can do is turn a shot onto the post and it is a great save, but Vorm could have gotten a much more solid hand on it. It was a decent save, but had a bit of luck at the same time.

Not saying it was a shocking bit of goalkeeping, but the commentator was right to say he was fortunate.

Former goalkeeper here and I think Vorm was fortunate. He should have gotten a stronger hand on it. When you rely on the post to save you, it is down to a bit of luck. Sometimes all you can do is turn a shot onto the post and it is a great save, but Vorm could have gotten a much more solid hand on it. It was a decent save, but had a bit of luck at the same time.

Not saying it was a shocking bit of goalkeeping, but the commentator was right to say he was fortunate.
Or he got enough of a hand on it to deflect it on to the post ie: off target not sure what was fortunate about making a perfectly good save, it'd be conversely unfortunate having got enouuh of a hand on it for the ball the squirm in off the post

I with Napoleon on that one. He always asked "Yes, I know he's a brilliant General, but is he lucky?"
Bit of an intellectual, me. :dwi:

Back
Top Bottom