Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The media seem to want to dig up a Spurs player, any Spurs player, every week ... today it's Hugo

Lloris leaves Tottenham with more questions than answers - Football365

Personally I think it's great, the old nobody likes us we don't care attitude, whilst they're giving us hate we know we're doing well and putting a spoke in their pre-season narrative ... how dare Spurs still be challenging the world famous Dippers ... long may it continue ...
Wjy is someone on "Lloris mistake watch"?

4 mins , mistake #1
21 mins (or whatever) #2 mistake...

He can barely hide his glee!

FT
Palace 0
Spurs 1

...crucially, Lloris has kept us in it with several well timed saves... but who cares about that, when some prick is only counting the FOUR mistakes he made (but didn't concede from)?

The worst thing about that is the bloke on Twitter with the "Lloris mistake watch" is actually a Spurs fan.

Is he...? Fuck me... who sells their soul like that?
For what, a few 'FaceTwat Like Me's"?
I bet he was called Darren the Dickhead at School, and still can't let it go...

The Liverpool bias is real. Six weeks ago Daniel Sturridge with one kick of the ball against Chelsea created talking points like "is he the best natural English striker", whatever natural means. You had punters saying he had to be back in the England squad to challenge Kane.

Well Sturridge hasn't scored since, he's not in the England squad and he's just been charged for betting on his own team.
"Is Sturridge the best natural English gambler?"

A ‘C’? I mean really? Pochettino has had to work miracles with little or no budget.

Unbefuckinglievable.
I wish I didn’t come onto this thread, I really do. It’s some fucked up masochistic shit that sends my blood pressure through the roof & sets the piss thermostat to boiling.
#mustignorethreadforownwellbeingfromnowon
:carrollwtf:

Because it’s utter bollox. No mention of the astronomical amounts the other five clubs had spent to improve.

I'm sure they'll do their best to link him away to other clubs though, despite being the 5th out of 6th best manager in the Premier League this season (from those in the top 6)

Because it’s utter bollox. No mention of the astronomical amounts the other five clubs had spent to improve.
Ahhh... but that's WHY it's a 'C', see??
Managers are better managers WHEN they spend money... it's all part of being a modern manager... why else has P€P got an 'A'... he's spent loads!

Rubbish managers don't spend their chairman's money (which they haven't been given anyway)
That's why Poch got a 'C'

There's my logic! :pochfacepalm:

Not sure how Guardiola can be an A

Did anyone predict anything other than them winning the league

Media fawning over City, yet failing to acknowledge the frankly ridiculous financial doping that has been going on. City have spent in excess of £2b to get where they have. Hardly sporting is it being able to out spend everyone.

Media fawning over City, yet failing to acknowledge the frankly ridiculous financial doping that has been going on. City have spent in excess of £2b to get where they have. Hardly sporting is it being able to out spend everyone.

Thing is - it's actually feasible that soon they don't win the league, and they won't have actually got any worse.

For the simple reason that the maximum points you can get per game is 3, and several other teams are getting close to 3 points a game.......they could be the best team ever and just slip up in a head to head and finish 2nd.

All their stock piling of players has done is push everyone else to raise their game at the expense of the smaller teams in the league.

The media seem to want to dig up a Spurs player, any Spurs player, every week ... today it's Hugo

Lloris leaves Tottenham with more questions than answers - Football365

Personally I think it's great, the old nobody likes us we don't care attitude, whilst they're giving us hate we know we're doing well and putting a spoke in their pre-season narrative ... how dare Spurs still be challenging the world famous Dippers ... long may it continue ...

What a strange website Football365 is.

I'm a big fan of their "Mediawatch" pages. Where they call out lazy or agenda / narrative driven journalism for what it is.

But they they'll publish inflammatory unsubstantiated guff like the above?

Back
Top Bottom