Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The best thing about pieces like this is that they unravel with each sentence. Of course, a certain section of our own supports will treat this piece as factually correct, we know who they are on here.

Factually incorrect:
1. He gets the score wrong in our last meeting
2. He says that Poch had a hard decision to make and that he agonised over it when he left Espanyol.
This is a very stupid thing to get wrong, why? He is trying to paint the picture of Poch agonising over the decision to leave Spurs and join Utd. AND paint the picture of Poch's ambition over loyalty (he attemps to do this further in the piece too). However, what he gets wrong is that Poch didn't agonise over leaving Espanyol, he was sacked you fuckwitt!!! Which completely renders the basis of the entire story useless.
3. He says Poch has "flirted" with Utd for the job.
Does anyone want to tell me when did he do that?
4. In order to debunk the Poch has more control at Tottenham than he would at Utd under a DoF he claims that Poch is "irked" at not having a DoF.
Anyone want to point to me of any evidence of this. Again this is an attempt to combat all the positives that he has at Spurs that he will not get at Utd.
5. "Pochettinho will not hesitate to pursue his ambition (winning the PL & CL) elsewhere".
This was written hours after Poch said he wants to win PL & CL at Spurs. There is absolutely nothing to back up this claim that he will not hesitate to pursue this ambition elsewhere. Probably need JT to tell us what I'm missing but when a Manager tells one thing how does this then get translated to mean the exact opposit?
6. Last week the exact same paper, with the exact same journalist went with the story that "Poch wants the job".
DwppR_zX0AAwu5e.jpg

Interesting now that that doesn't seem to be the story today???????

The best thing about pieces like this is that they unravel with each sentence. Of course, a certain section of our own supports will treat this piece as factually correct, we know who they are on here.

Factually incorrect:
1. He gets the score wrong in our last meeting
2. He says that Poch had a hard decision to make and that he agonised over it when he left Espanyol.
This is a very stupid thing to get wrong, why? He is trying to paint the picture of Poch agonising over the decision to leave Spurs and join Utd. AND paint the picture of Poch's ambition over loyalty (he attemps to do this further in the piece too). However, what he gets wrong is that Poch didn't agonise over leaving Espanyol, he was sacked you fuckwitt!!! Which completely renders the basis of the entire story useless.
3. He says Poch has "flirted" with Utd for the job.
Does anyone want to tell me when did he do that?
4. In order to debunk the Poch has more control at Tottenham than he would at Utd under a DoF he claims that Poch is "irked" at not having a DoF.
Anyone want to point to me of any evidence of this. Again this is an attempt to combat all the positives that he has at Spurs that he will not get at Utd.
5. "Pochettinho will not hesitate to pursue his ambition (winning the PL & CL) elsewhere".
This was written hours after Poch said he wants to win PL & CL at Spurs. There is absolutely nothing to back up this claim that he will not hesitate to pursue this ambition elsewhere. Probably need JT to tell us what I'm missing but when a Manager tells one thing how does this then get translated to mean the exact opposit?
6. Last week the exact same paper, with the exact same journalist went with the story that "Poch wants the job".
DwppR_zX0AAwu5e.jpg

Interesting now that that doesn't seem to be the story today???????

Number 6 is the reason he wrote 1 through 5...he hung his bollocks out on fake news and now he's trying to twist more shit to suit...

The media are complete clowns we all know that, but they are also dangerous, it’s like giving Jimmy Savvile the keys to the girls locker room dangerous...
We are entering a very important part of the season, many vital league games, possible league cup final, two Dortmund games and so on, it’s really full focus time from here on in folks....
So I would like to think the club has learned from the Redknapp/England thing and will nip this in the bud sooner rather than later.
The longer it takes Pochettino to publicly state he’s staying (doesn’t even have to mention Utd) or sign a new deal (which isn’t completely necessary) but shows intent, the longer these clowns will run with their own imaginative lies and speculation, and that will filter down to the fans in a negative way soon enough #COYS

Soccer Saturday was off the scale today...said Pochettino was flip flopping, saying that he wanted to stay 20 years one minute then saying Spurs had to change their methods the next...they changed the order just to suit their fucking narrative...

Back
Top Bottom