Media darlings thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All the other big team fans uniting tonight, surprised about city and woolwich fans getting so loud though. Do they really see us as a title threat? It would be in their best interests to have Liverpool lose. Kicking up a fuss won't help them at all. Very strange.

You'd think their mouths would be more shut than a locked door after an extremely in-form Liverpool team lost like that. But I guess we're a threat to them all of a sudden

Last edited:
All the other big team fans uniting tonight, surprised about city and woolwich fans getting so loud though. Do they really see us as a title threat? It would be in their best interests to have Liverpool lose. Kicking up a fuss won't help them at all
You know what, like I said earlier, fuck them all.

There's barely a peep from the media or other fans whenever we get screwed over by VAR or other ref decisions.

Anytime Liverpool lose there’s an inquest by the media into some injustice or the ownership, some excuse to deflect from their team. Anytime they hammer some other club the media is all about how great they are. Massive, massive bias.

NBC commentator was heartbroken about the jones red and muttering “oh no” when the ref was on his way to give it.

It was a terrible tackle. How is that clear bias acceptable in the media?

Having seen a try wiped out in the RWC after the conversion was taken, you really can't go back in that way. Better to improve the process so the VAR gives or doesn't the offside.

Two things.

This "accidental" bollocks was never intended for a fucking leg breaking challenge.

I'm pretty sure that a slip or accident was only meant for things like professional fouls. A leg breaking challenge is a leg breaking challenge.

And let us not forget Curtis Jones should have been booked for the tactical foul and booting the ball away minutes before - so even if it was an "accident" and "only a yellow", it should have been his second yellow, so he would have been off.

The goal should have stood - they clearly mistook that the in field decision was offside, not goal awarded. It's one of the worst VAR mistakes, and had they not benefitted from loads of decisions against us over the years, I'd have some sympathy. But they can fuck off and just wear armbands next week.

Last edited:
You know what, like I said earlier, fuck them all.

There's barely a peep from the media or other fans whenever we get screwed over by VAR or other ref decisions.

Correct.

Okay, so the BBC match of the day believed Nketiah was lucky to not reveive a red card but where was thr raging torrent of complaint,

We won - end of.

Why is it that no matter what we do, how we play and what we’ve to do to win a football match ……we’re lucky ,we shouldn’t be top the league and our bubble will burst! and how the media and certain “experts” can’t wait …..I’m under no illusions of how good a start we‘ve made and doubt very much we can sustain it fuck me City or any big power house in their respective leagues won’t keep form up a whole season, why would we? But are we the only team that gets an advantage with VAR? Are we the only team that gets 10minutes added on to their games? Are we the only team that plays Luton,, Burnley or Sheffield United?

Why is it that no matter what we do, how we play and what we’ve to do to win a football match ……we’re lucky ,we shouldn’t be top the league and our bubble will burst! and how the media and certain “experts” can’t wait …..I’m under no illusions of how good a start we‘ve made and doubt very much we can sustain it fuck me City or any big power house in their respective leagues won’t keep form up a whole season, why would we? But are we the only team that gets an advantage with VAR? Are we the only team that gets 10minutes added on to their games? Are we the only team that plays Luton,, Burnley or Sheffield United?
I think when we do win something, a large chunk of other fans will be gutted, they actively revel in having us as the whipping boys.

They probably just say it's just 1 FA cup/league title, even Leicester did it, etc

Last edited:
I think when we do win something, a large chunk of other fans will be gutted, they actively revel in having us as the whipping boys.

They probably just say it's just 1 FA cup/league title, even Leicester did it, etc
Yeah + we haven’t helped ourselves by not turning up in cup finals etc and giving other fans/clubs a reason to stick the boot in.

Unless we win the Champions League or The Premier League, most other clubs will just say "big deal"

And we will have not one fuck given about what they think.

Back
Top Bottom