Messi - The greatest player ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah... Messi's Dad has done a really shit job at handling his business!? 🤦‍♂️

He was sentenced to 21 months in prison for tax fraud, remember, and they both had to buy their way out. Now his son is stuck in a contract he wants out of with a buyout clause that no club in the world can even come close to considering meeting.

I wouldn't say Jorge gets high marks, no.

It has long been the great unanswered question "Could Messi hack it in the Premier League ?". I would desperately love to see him try and answer it now at the age of 33 when there's still a charge in the battery rather than perhaps have a couple of seasons at age 35/36 before leaving for MLS.
I sincerely hope City pull this deal off and I have a chance to go and see the little magician when he's due at the Lane on November 21st 2020.

So Sky Sports is reporting that Barca have to pay an unhappy Messi a "loyalty bonus" of 70 million Euros for staying for one last season.

I think this fucks Barca. Koeman has zero authority because everyone knows Xavi is the heir apparent. Messi's mates like Suarez are being sold, and he doesn't get on with Griezmann. And they still have to pay his crazy salary plus loyalty bonus only for him to leave for free, presumably, at the end of the season.

Financially, it would have been far better to get 200 million Euros plus Garcia & Bernardo Silva out of Shitty, and Messi's salary off the books.

Just scored to break Pele's record of most goals for a single club.

749 games
644 goals
283 assists

No one thought that record would be broken - and I don't think we'll see Messi's broken in our lifetime.

A legitimate living legend.

It's insane that our very own Kane is in the orbit of this star.

Pele by far the best player ever messi Ronaldo not in same league no protection for pele no heavy when wet leather ball no mud ladened pitches typically the millennials think that watching sky since the premier league is the only football that has ever been they don’t know names like puskas Alfredo di stefano even jimmy greaves Bobby charlt

Maradona is the king. Messi is the prince. Imagine you had a match involving the best 22 players of all time. In this game of games I would rather have Maradona in my team all day long.

Maradona is the king. Messi is the prince. Imagine you had a match involving the best 22 players of all time. In this game of games I would rather have Maradona in my team all day long.

True although over a season I would probably take Messi for consistency, at peak Maradona.

I'd agree with that at his best Maradona is the biggest footballing talent i've ever seen.

Messi (and Ronaldo) are amazing for their consistency but for a one-off game prime Diego would be the first player i'd pick.

I think Messi is better but I think Cristiano will have a stronger end to his career
Probably but then as an athlete Cristiano is physically superior to Messi, which will help him have greater longevity.

I'd say Ronaldo is just about the perfect footballing specimen. If you could build a footballer physically you'd make them like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Back
Top Bottom