Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup 5th Round, Riverside Stadium, Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 19:55 GMT, LIVE on BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yea looks another player who has fuck all about him. the only one i think who does look decent is that alfie devine. he looks like he has a bit about him, he should of featured today as even though hes a kid he has far more talent and ability than some of them cunts we had to suffer through watching today.
Completely agree mate, he looks decent. Surprised we've not seen more of him

conte chose to get rid of them.

1. As you say; they were both frozen out by the point we binned them off.
2. They'd have been fucking useless in a game such as this anyway.... Seen that script play out in the arse end of Europe for the last 2 years!

Remember back in January Harvey white was too important to loan out. I’m real fucking glad we have a promising young player not playing under 23s or league football and just sitting on the bench while winks sideways passes. Fuck it all. This team irks me. Sorry for the venting :mourbye:

Anyone else think Dane Scarlett is shit?

And Conte saying he's the best player in the academy is his low key way of saying our academy prospects are dog shit and way off from being able to take the next step up?

Does anyone want to help me set up a gofundme to help fund his next toupee once he's ripped his current one to shreds?
Only seen little cameo performances so can’t really judge, presume he will be loaned out next season.

Football's often about passion & desire. As the game progressed, they wanted it more than we did.
Maybe. But today wasn't about passion.

It was about Wilder trusting his youth and making the subs needed to win the game. Turns out their young kid won the game for them.

Instead we left on players who were shattered and the fresh legs made the difference for them.

For the life of me I don't know how Harvey didn't come on for either Winks or Hojbjerg. In fact we'd have been better off subbing both off and letting Harvey run the middle by himself.

What alternatives?

I have said all along that I want us to play Conte's preferred 3-5-2 but when the option's are Winks, PEH, White, Devine I can see why he doesn't.

Do you think it makes sense to have Kulu on the bench and White in ahead of him? People would be screaming when we didn't score how can you start White over Kulu.

If we had viable options that were being left on the bench I would agree with you. When Skipp and Bentancur are back I would be more willing to listen to the argument, although still wonder how we are scoring enough with only Kane and Son up front and zero creativity/goals in our MF.

But when the options are what we had today it is clearly a lack of quality issue over tactics/manager.

Been saying for a month or more..... PEH & WINKS + 1 is better than PEH & Winks.

eg
HUGO
ROM / DIER / BEN
BERG / PEH / KULU / WINKS / SESS
KANE / SON

I only have four things to say:
1. The wifi in and around the stadium is primitive.
2. I'm never going to start a match thread ever again.
3. The standard of officials was simply awful.
4. This team do not deserve our support.

Actually, two more things - thanks to those who showed concern for my wellbeing and those who were brandishing yellow cards - I will not forget!

Last edited:
Linesman constantly flagged Spurs offside when they weren't. Disallowed a proper goal, and Kane should have had a penalty coz the guy almost pulled his shirt off.

Referee was giving them every dive and letting them foul Tottenham. BBC was horrible to listen to, I get they wanna have a shock but they were so biased and lying. Support the smaller team is ok, but don't lie!!

Spurs were off their game but as I've said, it's hard for the players to motivate themselves when every match they have to fight with the referee and linos and VAR when it's used. Must be demoralising!
Definitely ref was a homer and helping them.

Actually, two more things - thanks to those who showed concern for my wellbeing and those who were brandishing yellow cards - I will nit forget!

You deserved more. :(

Get home safe Mrs. P. :adesalute:

Actually, two more things - thanks to those who showed concern for my wellbeing and those who were brandishing yellow cards - I will nit forget!
But did you like the Pigbag song?

Said it too many times to recount.

In the days of Bale, Gascoigne, Berbatov, Ginola etc, we never had players who were ever as consistent as Kane but in them what we did have were players who on their day were the difference because they looked around them and thought, I am the best player here.

This club was built with players like that.

Today we have nobody of that ilk. A fcuking crying shame.

Back
Top Bottom