Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup 5th Round, Riverside Stadium, Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 19:55 GMT, LIVE on BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else think Dane Scarlett is shit?

And Conte saying he's the best player in the academy is his low key way of saying our academy prospects are dog shit and way off from being able to take the next step up?

Does anyone want to help me set up a gofundme to help fund his next toupee once he's ripped his current one to shreds?

I don't think he is shit, I think he is 17 with way too much pressure and expectations being put on him.

He should be on loan or playing for the U23's with 3-4 strikers ahead of him on the depth chart. If he were playing where he should and where every other player his age is playing nobody would think he is close to a disappointment but because we have no depth people see him being thrust into roles way above his level and we get posts like this.

Now I don't think he is close to a guarantee of making it or a Kane successor at this point, but I think it is way to early to say he is shit.

We’ll score goals if we have a better foothold in the game. We’re ceding territory and possession because of this setup.

It’s also clearly not his preferred formation for us. He’s rarely played it so far, and the transfer activity shows a clear preference for 343 IMO.

Quite simply I don’t believe we lose to Burnley or tonight if we play a 352.

3-5-2 does nothing to change this game if we have the same players.

It isn't some magical solution that changes our players from shit to good. The problem today was the shit players not a change from a 3-4-3 to a 3-5-2 and I say that as someone who very much prefers the 3-5-2.

Definitely a poor performance today and probably one of Sonny’s worst in a Spurs shirt. We probably still win the game if he can head a ball or Doherty finds the net after beating the keeper.

I’m not blaming us for a lack of effort but a couple of the players did look very tired by 70 minutes and I’m not sure why we waited so long to make substitutions or, indeed, didn’t rotate to some degree given Stevie B, Emerson and Reggie, at least, appeared available from the start.

Now, we hope to get our injured players back and concentrate on finishing as high as possible in the league. Given our recent form, especially against teams that don’t give us a lot of space behind, today was disappointing for me but not wholly unexpected so I’ll just ignore the TALKSport drama queens and start over tomorrow.

I partly blame the bellends who were in the January transfer thread with their heads buried in the fucking sand while those of us that could see this coming a mile off were "melting"

"But you can't buy players in January"
"January is a difficult window"
"Stop melting we will do business"

FUCK OFF!

I partly blame the bellends who were in the January transfer thread with their heads buried in the fucking sand while those of us that could see this coming a mile off were "melting"

"But you can't buy players in January"
"January is a difficult window"
"Stop melting we will do business"

FUCK OFF!

We did buy in Jan.

We got replacements to our 2 most in form players - Skipp and Moura.

:contefacepalm2:

Be honest. Do you think Woolwich, Chelski or Liverpoo would get that officiating Spurs received against this nothing team? Watch them in the EPL, they dive constantly, scream, etc, Spurs do none of that and get almost no free kicks. Can't remember the last penalty either.

You guys need to wake up!

Be honest. Do you think Woolwich, Chelski or Liverpoo would get that officiating Spurs received against this nothing team? Watch them in the EPL, they dive constantly, scream, etc, Spurs do none of that and get almost no free kicks. Can't remember the last penalty either.

You guys need to wake up!

Yes likely the exact same officiating.

Linesman constantly flagged Spurs offside when they weren't. Disallowed a proper goal, and Kane should have had a penalty coz the guy almost pulled his shirt off.

Referee was giving them every dive and letting them foul Tottenham. BBC was horrible to listen to, I get they wanna have a shock but they were so biased and lying. Support the smaller team is ok, but don't lie!!

Spurs were off their game but as I've said, it's hard for the players to motivate themselves when every match they have to fight with the referee and linos and VAR when it's used. Must be demoralising!
Are we blaming the officials for our unbelievably crappy performance?

Just got back and being the idiot I am I ridiculously and obviously wrongly thought contes blue and white army was destined for at least a trip to Wembley so to put it mildly feeling crushed at the minute and therefore dare not read this thread ( I’ll suffer that pain after some sleep.
Within 10 minutes it was obvious we were in for a long night nothing was clicking especially with the front 3 and I felt we looked fatigued and by the end of the 90 we looked out on our feet - the squad was a player light last September so what fucking idiot thought it was a good idea to ship out 4 players in January and only bring 2 in needs fucking shooting - the squad is patently not big enough- I will see the season out but if come the summer levy is still chairman that will be the end of my stint as a season ticket holder - with the money I save I can get a comfy sofa an ultra HD tv and still have a few quid over for a curry and a few cans every time I watch us on the box - levy you can fuck off
Well done boro I thought you were excellent

Last edited:
Those players played as near as damn it every minute on Saturday in an high energy game (Leeds may be shite but you have to give absolutely everything) the same XI had to do the same again tonight 2 days later (if this game was played in Thursday I’d fancy us to win) the ridiculously small squad (for one of the supposedly best teams in England ) which meant zero rotation is 100% on levy

Is it Levy's fault that one of the worlds best coaches with players the calibre of Kane, Son, Kulu, Holjberg, Romero, Dier cannot beat Middlesbrough?

Yes when that coach also has PEH, Wanks, Dier, Davies, Doherty, Emerson, Bergwijn, Scarlett.

The team was complete horseshit that is not on the manager that is on the Chairman who meddles in football.

Back
Top Bottom