Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup 5th Round, Riverside Stadium, Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 19:55 GMT, LIVE on BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess I'm not the only one waking up this morning with that sick and empty feeling of yet another season squandered and wasted under these charlatan property spivs masquerading as football club owners.

The heart and soul is being ripped out of our football club with every Zagreb, Norwich, NS Mura, Middlesbrough and trophyless season that passes by.

Nauseating
Yup, watching spurs season by season I feel like I'm in a mixture between groundhog day and the truman show. It's like spurs fans are part of a covert human experiment to see how much a human can be pushed to their limits until their spirit is completely crushed beyond repair :contebored:

3-5-2 does nothing to change this game if we have the same players.

It isn't some magical solution that changes our players from shit to good. The problem today was the shit players not a change from a 3-4-3 to a 3-5-2 and I say that as someone who very much prefers the 3-5-2.
No, it was the formation and setup.

- We lost CM because we lacked bodies.

- We sat off Boro and allowed them possession. We do not exert pressure or any press until they’re in our half. That’s clearly tactical.

- We’re too deep.

You don’t need to be myopic because you like Conte, every great manager gets stuff wrong.
He has shown a preference for a 2 man CM since he has arrived here that is illogical with our personnel, and is negatively impacting how we play.

I knew we were gonna get beat when Romero was walking with the ball at times.

Slow play doesn't suit us. We need to move it quickly. Too many times last night we made the inexplicable choice to slow things down.

It really pisses me off.
Yes - Romero fucking wandering around - he does that quite a lot - far too many players taking 3/4 touches before looking up and thinking about moving the ball. Arrogant - he needs to focus on being able to head the ball first instead of thinking he’s Pirlo.

agree with PEH & Winks as CM's we need a third CM in there otherwise they are fighting fires all the time,
and that appears to be a blind spot in Conte's view of the game
with the players we have at present (Doc, Royal, Winks, Berwjin) Conte should be looking at stopping the oppenents playing then allowing Kane to play the ball to Son or wingbacks moving us forward that way

Hogberg, Dier are known to be shit, and the new ones get some time to prove themselves but havent done anything great yet. So...yea it is levy's fault.
Holjberg is far from shit. In pretty much every game for us he has the most touches, most passes, most tackles and covers the most ground.

Dier is also not shit. He has been excellent for us this season and we looked like dog shit at the back when he was out.

agree with PEH & Winks as CM's we need a third CM in there otherwise they are fighting fires all the time,
and that appears to be a blind spot in Conte's view of the game
with the players we have at present (Doc, Royal, Winks, Berwjin) Conte should be looking at stopping the oppenents playing then allowing Kane to play the ball to Son or wingbacks moving us forward that way
I guess he thought that by focusing on the other 9 players in attacking movement it will make up for missing the body in MF. Sadly, he forgot that it’s illegal for Spurs to play well for two games in a row.

Agreed - although he was decent on Saturday - should have started with Stevie wide and Kulu in for Winks. Kulu seems to enjoy running and fighting for the ball.

Shows out lack of depth of 2/4 MF are out. Good job we have loads of
CFs.
Get over this he was decent

He wasn’t and he isn’t

Our record with him in the team is shocking.

We will achieve nothing with him as part of a midfield

The sooner this penny finally drops the better

The trouble with Winks and PEH is that they appear to have no urgency or sense of purpose.
Every time they get the ball it appears to come as a surprise to them, they stop, dribble the ball at their feet for a moment, look around and then pass backwards, thereby killing any momentum.

Yes - Romero fucking wandering around - he does that quite a lot - far too many players taking 3/4 touches before looking up and thinking about moving the ball. Arrogant - he needs to focus on being able to head the ball first instead of thinking he’s Pirlo.
Tbf I didn't mean it as a slight on Romero directly. Just noticed him walking and it highlights how slow our play was. No tempo at all and that is not playing to our strengths.

We should have been all over the place, tiring Boro out and making them unorganised. Instead we were just stood with the ball in defence, allowing them to get organised.

So frustrating to watch.

Back
Top Bottom