Mighty Spurs Vs South London Nomads @ The Library

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[formation=4231, Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Verts, Rose, Dier, Winks, Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Bench
- Vorm
- Trippier
- Sanchez
- Davies
- Dembele
- Son
- Llorente
You really are an idiot, you would change a formation that's working so well and drop one of our best performers this season in Sanchez just to accommodate someone who hasn't played a match in a year.

But neither of them are. And based on current form and performances Davies is the better player than Rose at the moment. Davies has a better footballing brain than Rose and plays smarter than him. Ben is also a multi-faceted player who can drop into the LCB spot to allow Vertonghen to go further upfield and cause chaos. Danny Rose's one winning attribute vs current Ben Davies is his pure physical ability which he does not have back yet and still looks ways off from having.

And Lamela is not even up for contention. He's been out for OVER A YEAR. Past performances vs Woolwich does not make up for missing a entire year of games with a double hip surgery and a suspected drug suspension. Have him on the bench and give him some minutes. But no way does he start.
I've yet to see anything beyond speculation by poster here on the board about this drug suspension. Has there been anything more concrete that's come out?

No. Which is why I said suspected
Not intending to dig you out. Just uncomfortable with potentially saddling a player with a reputation for suspected drug use based on what amounts to forum gossip. These kinds of things unfortunately tend to spread as gospel on social media once they get out.

Carry on.

Not intending to dig you out. Just uncomfortable with potentially saddling a player with a reputation for suspected drug use based on what amounts to forum gossip. These kinds of things unfortunately tend to spread as gospel on social media once they get out.

Carry on.
I know. Sadly this particular rumor has been spread long before my post. I've seen it on twitter since February at least.

Rose > Davies easy peasy and Lamela is one of our best attacking and creative players in the team.

If both are 100% match fit they should be starting, simple. Their previous performances in this fixture warrant that
I think you've just defeated your own argument that Lamela starts his first returning game. It shows that you haven't got a clue about football and the human body. Being "match fit", that is to say fit enough to participate in a game, doesn't mean the player is ready to do 90 mins or the majority of a match, nor does it mean that said player, after surgery and more than a year on the sidedlines, is going to comfortably stroll back into the side in top form and pick up where he left off - especially a player who took three seasons to find his form and play well. So no, it's not simple at all. Lamela needs to be eased back in. The only thing simple associated with your post is you.

I think you've just defeated your own argument that Lamela starts his first returning game. It shows that you haven't got a clue about football and the human body. Being "match fit", that is to say fit enough to participate in a game, doesn't mean the player is ready to do 90 mins or the majority of a match,
Just look at Rose vs Palace. Yeah he's match fit but not full match fit

Joe that was deliberate and I was waiting for the first person to correct me

Didn’t think it would be you

:pocheyes:

Never mind in Kingston, Surrey now for my son’s 20th

I’ll be the oldest there by 40 years but we’re all off to the Fighting Cock later

Lamela doesn't deserve to start and really isn't that good. He doesn't provide a lot other than running
Not strictly true. bit harsh.
He provides lots of assists.
Even in 14/15 he managed 7 assists and 2 goals in the league
Eriksen had 2 assists and 10 goals.
His last full season 15/16 he made 9 assists and scored 5 goals
Eriksen made 13 assists and 6 goals
Dele made 9 assists and scored 10 league goals

I’d rather have all 3 playing as they are all capable of assisting each other and Kane to score.

I also think he was very instrumental in breaking up play and playing the fast ball forward,
He’s everywhere and never stops running. A great passer. Maybe a bit one footed

its a shame he got injured when he did as he was just coming into his own that season. He was using his right foot more, don’t know if you noticed. He obviously works hard to improve his game
He may have had an outstanding season last year, maybe helped us win the title.
I also love his character.
That comment he made to Rose in 15/16 shows he’s got the right mentality

Back
Top Bottom