Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was sat right next to this section at a friendly against Boca Juniors in 2010. They actually made good noise led by a guy with a megaphone. Can't remember the songs or chants but it was a noisy enough section. Certainly don't remember that "Fight and win" shite.
The team had gone about 4 games at home without scoring and a sponsor offered up free haircuts (upon showing your match ticket) should the Sounders score 3 or more goals. They won 3-0. Shortly after the third went in a chant of "We got haircuts" started. At least something humourous came of it.

I was sat right next to this section at a friendly against Boca Juniors in 2010. They actually made good noise led by a guy with a megaphone. Can't remember the songs or chants but it was a noisy enough section. Certainly don't remember that "Fight and win" shite.
The team had gone about 4 games at home without scoring and a sponsor offered up free haircuts (upon showing your match ticket) should the Sounders score 3 or more goals. They won 3-0. Shortly after the third went in a chant of "We got haircuts" started. At least something humourous came of it.
Yeah, ultras movement in Europe and South America is fine, but I prefer the english way of support

Fucks sake :kanehand:

The guy starting the chant looks like he would be the child of WWF's Paul Bearer
PaulBearer-AP.jpg

Not just a photo, but an anecdote to go with it.

A few months ago I was in a lecture from a top football marketing/analytics expert that works with top PL clubs in customer retention etc. In one of the slides, to depict a 'hardcore fan' they used this image:

WestHamCardiff1902.jpg

It dawned on me that football clubs probably don't actually have a clue about their fans and fan culture in general. Someone needs to tell them that pricks that look like this are not the loyal fans, they just turn up for Wembley finals and think that's how they should dress. Let me put it this way- when you go to European away games you don't see face paint and jester hats.

It really bothered me that a so called expert could be so clueless as to what a loyal fan is.

Not just a photo, but an anecdote to go with it.

A few months ago I was in a lecture from a top football marketing/analytics expert that works with top PL clubs in customer retention etc. In one of the slides, to depict a 'hardcore fan' they used this image:

WestHamCardiff1902.jpg

It dawned on me that football clubs probably don't actually have a clue about their fans and fan culture in general. Someone needs to tell them that pricks that look like this are not the loyal fans, they just turn up for Wembley finals and think that's how they should dress. Let me put it this way- when you go to European away games you don't see face paint and jester hats.

It really bothered me that a so called expert could be so clueless as to what a loyal fan is.

Makes you think of all those merch'd up twats that go to the Woolwich.

Proper fans do not drape themselves head to toe in colours. Whatever happened to just following your team with your mates up and down the country.

holy crap that's awfull
A work mate of mine is a Charlton season ticket holder, goes home and away with his father and sons. From the stories he has told me the fans have every right to voice their concerns, the club is being run in a shambolic way and the letter above only serves to demonstrate their attitude towards the people who support the club

A work mate of mine is a Charlton season ticket holder, goes home and away with his father and sons. From the stories he has told me the fans have every right to voice their concerns, the club is being run in a shambolic way and the letter above only serves to demonstrate their attitude towards the people who support the club
i know the owner of the club, did some business with him when i was still in sports marketing. Hes bought a number of clubs and does all kinds of transactions with players and funds amongst them. His wife and son also own a few clubs, he has done some great things at Charlton too (has improved their stadium facilities, dropped the ticket prices etc) but in the end he's in it for the money nothing else.

This is one of the worst things I have seen from a football club to a supporter!!!
CppKshZUsAABqSr.jpg

I bet Cliff Eager is getting a load of abuse now....

Disgraceful behaviour, we'll only let you have your season ticket so long as you don't say horrible things about the club on social media.

Half our fan base would be fucked if that happened.

Back
Top Bottom