Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Poch to bits but fucking hell I hate PSG. Shit plastic club that should never have existed. Play thing of the very worst oil enslavers. Cunts all round.
And like, the greatest sin of all is, is any of this that interesting to watch?

I'm invested in it because I both want to see Poch do well and also am certain on some level that there will be early struggles that Poch will be sacked for.

But the question of whether this team will win the Champions League, ultimately who cares? There's no romance in that competition anymore, there really isn't.

And like, the greatest sin of all is, is any of this that interesting to watch?

I'm invested in it because I both want to see Poch do well and also am certain on some level that there will be early struggles that Poch will be sacked for.

But the question of whether this team will win the Champions League, ultimately who cares? There's no romance in that competition anymore, there really isn't.

The Qatar vs Abu Dhabi challenge cup.

The Qatar vs Abu Dhabi challenge cup.
Or maybe Chelsea or maybe Bayern, we've seen it all before. We've seen these superclubs all play each other a million times by now, it's like comic book movies at this point. And their grip on the global superstars is getting tighter not looser, it's all just the same bland tasteless goo.

And the structure of the competition is such that even if someone refreshing and new bumbles in the way we did, it all ultimately signifies very little.

The Champions League can't generate a story like the Leicester miracle, nor can it be a platform for excellence like City's 100 points.

And it doesn't present interesting matchups across Europe's many nations anymore, really, which was the whole point in the first place.

It stinks I tells ya.

I love Poch to bits but fucking hell I hate PSG. Shit plastic club that should never have existed. Play thing of the very worst oil enslavers. Cunts all round.
Growing up PSG were always a nothing club only notable for their rugby stadium. The dirty oil money has completely ruined the sport. Shame on UEFA and FIFA for getting into bed with those immoral backwards cunts.

8b199a77a7d5cfd0a7e3cdbf11cbaf8a.png
I used to play cb at school. I do remember taking great pride in heading one out of the sky. However, even then I knew it wasn't great for me, used to feel the ball vibrate through the brain.

I see, that UEFA are putting together a 6 billion rescue plan. The fact that "rescue" is in there is taking the piss! Regardless of whether that's UEFA's or the media's wording; the concept is the same. We're not talking about rescuing an economic eco system necessary for people to afford food and cloth for their kids. We're talking about rescuing a system allowing absolute cunts like Aubameyang to buy 20 super cars. Absolutely taking the piss!

I'm not particularly (economically) liberal, and whether I am doesn't matter at all. If you're paying high 5 and 6 figures weekly to multiple employees, and you can't outperform a downswing (even a big, pandemic-related one), then you don't fucking need rescuing. The business model is fatally flawed and needs to die it's natural death. Like fuck they need rescuing! Every single club, or very close to it, has continued to hand out 5 and 6 figures to new signings and in extensions, so let it die if needs be.

I love our fans, Tottenham, and the spectacle of top, top athletes excelling at football. In that order. But fuck me, I'm on the very, very brink of falling out of love with this beautiful sport.

Back
Top Bottom