Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The football Gods fighting back against modern football
ncPMDHS.gif

Viewing figures for live football is down 19%! O I wonder why? The ridiculous cost perhaps together with the imaginary hype that surrounds "one of the games of the season" Man U/Liverpool which is usually shite! And any other of the super Sunday games which are also shite. I'll admit I only watch Tottenham games in full from start to finish hardly watch anything else other than highlights but obviously not missing much?

Late to this but I'm noticing the same thing. A minority of fans are simply starting to walk away, there will always be a core of brainwashed dipshits who build their lives around Super Sunday, but I'm hoping viewing figures are on the retreat, just to stop the shysters from ruining the game even further.
Non league football on the other hand is getting more popular. It's more fun, you can stand up, have a laugh, and not have to take out a second mortgage on the house.

TV ratings for everything have been falling massively the past couple of years, but when it comes to Sky Sports I think lots of people are now deciding that £33/month (or whatever it is) just doesn't represent value for money. If you're looking to save some cash, which many are now, that's got to be one of the first expenses to go.

TV ratings for everything have been falling massively the past couple of years, but when it comes to Sky Sports I think lots of people are now deciding that £33/month (or whatever it is) just doesn't represent value for money. If you're looking to save some cash, which many are now, that's got to be one of the first expenses to go.
We've lately got DAZN in german speaking countries, it's like Netflix for all sorts of sports. Only 10€/monthly, and with atleast 6 PL games a weekend (plus Serie A, La Liga and alot of other leagues).

Before that, if I wanted to watch PL legally, I would have had to pay 30€/monthly for just three games a week, or even less, one always including Liverpool. Champions League and Bundesliga would cost even more.

It's long been the dream to be able to buy a season ticket to just your team's games and watch them all televised. But of course this would massively benefit the big clubs, mean the law around showing 3pm games would need to be changed and make the league even more unfair than it currently is as the amounts raised by the more well-supported teams would dwarf the others.

Fortunately with online streaming we all pretty much do that for free now anyway...

It's long been the dream to be able to buy a season ticket to just your team's games and watch them all televised. But of course this would massively benefit the big clubs, mean the law around showing 3pm games would need to be changed and make the league even more unfair than it currently is as the amounts raised by the more well-supported teams would dwarf the others.

Fortunately with online streaming we all pretty much do that for free now anyway...

I've got BT Sport in HD, which seems to show most of our games (well, did, with the CL)

We've lately got DAZN in german speaking countries, it's like Netflix for all sorts of sports. Only 10€/monthly, and with atleast 6 PL games a weekend (plus Serie A, La Liga and alot of other leagues).

Before that, if I wanted to watch PL legally, I would have had to pay 30€/monthly for just three games a week, or even less, one always including Liverpool. Champions League and Bundesliga would cost even more.
I think when the next broadcasting deal is done Amazon or Netflix could be major competition to Sky and BT.

Especially when its so easy to find a stream these days.

Back
Top Bottom