Modrics latest comments

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"I have nothing but great memories from my time with Tottenham and nothing will ever take away this wonderful part of my career," he says.

"The fans gave me so much love and respect during my time there and I want them to know that the feeling is mutual from me to them.

"The chance to join the biggest club in world football was impossible for me to ignore and this is the reason why I left Tottenham. It was a little difficult in the final few weeks as the transfer went on for longer than expected, but I hope there is no hard feelings towards me from Spurs."

Oh I see, it was because it was the best club in the world, from what was reported the transfer window before when Chelsea come knocking you couldn't wait to join them either. Let's be honest, it was all about money, the move to Real 'the best club in the world' was just a bonus. If it wasn't for DL blocking and rejecting your transfer request to Chelsea you wouldn't have been at the best club in the World. Personally, If I was DL I would of made an example out of you, that said, If you sign a contract you honor it, because what the fuck is the point of a contract when players get there own way these days when still under contract. Letting Modric rot in the reserves, seams a bit harsh it is a bit harsh but because something better has come along, you go back on your contract and sulk until you get what you want, there was no problems signing the spurs contract in the first place, when that was your only better option, it takes a club to do this to a player for players to finally realise your not bigger then the club, and your under contract. Then maybe players will start to think twice about sulking like this in the future. To much fucking greed and no loyalty!! Give me 20,000 grand a week and I will be loyal until the end of my contract.

Exactly what RVP did, sorry but I will not be signing another contract when my contract finishes, can't recall RVP sulking like a little girl and telling wenger let me go. He put it across, OK just letting you know because I'm a genuine man, and I have respect for the club that help make me. I have a year left on my contract, want be signing another one with you, you have a choice either sell me on and get some money or I walk when the contract is finished, either way doesn't bother me, if you want to keep me it want be like I want play when picked, or refuse to train, I would just prefer you sell me on, so you can have some cash to try replace me. I do this because I Love You and feel that I have conducted myself in the best appropriate way possible. RVP

Modric - Dear DL, let me go you Jew boy! Or give me more money - From Rat Boy!

No fan of Rat Boy, but it's hardly a lie that RM are the biggest club in football. There is a small possibility that Modric's attitude changed over the course of the past few years regarding where he wanted to play. Therefore not convinced it was "just about money". Well that is unless you think we are equal to Madrid.

As for the "let me go you Jew boy" comment, I find the implicated anti-semitism distasteful and unwarranted.

Smoked Salmon said:
There is a small possibility that Modric's attitude changed over the course of the past few years regarding where he wanted to play.
I've been considering this as well lately. I think the question boils down to, "would Modrić have pushed for a transfer to Chelsea this window?"

There are local reasons why the answer might be no (flooded midfield, say), but I suspect that he learned last year that Chelsea was not the kind of destination Levy had in mind during the gentleman's agreement. In which case, it's impossible to make the claim that all he wanted was money (of course, anyone not signing for Anži/etc. can plausibly say that it wasn't all about the benjamins).

So my perhaps overly charitable version of the story is: he gets all snippy last year about his belief that Levy isn't honouring the agreement, as he wants a move that will land him more in wages and medals/CL. Levy explains what the agreement means (let's even imagine there is a list of, say, five clubs on it). Modrić bites his tongue and has a good season for us.

This summer, one of the five clubs comes in, and the transfer stretches out due to both non-Modrić parties (Levy and RM), but we end up getting a fair price as well as the "special relationship", which allegedly gives RM right of first refusal on players we're selling and gives us right of first refusal on players they're loaning (this was discussed in the FM13 podcast).

Everyone basically wins: we get a shedload of cash and the right to tell Kaká to sod off. Modrić gets to play for a club that is in line with the size of his abilities per his own understanding, and RM get the inside track on the Bale sweepstakes.

In short, I'm done with the vitriol, and I didn't even need "satirical" anti-Semitism during my pre-peaceful hating stage, unlike the OP.

Smoked Salmon said:
No fan of Rat Boy, but it's hardly a lie that RM are the biggest club in football. There is a small possibility that Modric's attitude changed over the course of the past few years regarding where he wanted to play. Therefore not convinced it was "just about money". Well that is unless you think we are equal to Madrid.

As for the "let me go you Jew boy" comment, I find the implicated anti-semitism distasteful and unwarranted.

What is wrong with saying Jew boy? but it's OK to agree to call Modric a Rat Boy? Have you ever shouted Yid/Yido in inspiration for your beloved spurs?

DannySpur said:
Smoked Salmon said:

What is wrong with saying Jew boy? but it's OK to agree to call Modric a Rat Boy? Have you ever shouted Yid/Yido in inspiration for your beloved spurs?
There's a big difference.

And the yid debate has been had many times. Look back for threads dedicated to the topic.

I'm just putting facts to thought here, what we know... Chelsea submit offers for Modric last Summer Transfer Window, miraculous Modric hands in Transfer request... More Facts can be found here. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...uka-Modric-exclusive-I-want-join-Chelsea.html

So by facts we can all agree that he wanted to go to Chelsea. DL say's no.

Next Summer Transfer Window. Modric wants move to RM. Refuses to train, get's fined. Finally get's move to RM then if you read Modrics Quotes from my first post. All I was saying that it I think it is all Bullshit and I believed that if you sign a contract you honor it and don't cry and moan when it doesn't go your way.

We can all say I think this I think that, Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Schoolboy'sOwnStuff said:
DannySpur said:
Smoked Salmon said:

As for the "let me go you Jew boy" comment, I find the implicated anti-antisemitism distasteful and unwarranted.

There's a big difference.

And the yid debate has been had many times. Look back for threads dedicated to the topic.

OK so just by saying Jew boy, in the context to get my point across I have a hatred towards Jews according to smoked salmon

Dannyspur, Salmon did not call you anti-Semitic. But you insinuated that Modric would harbour anti-Semitic sentiments towards Levy. Why? There is zero evidence to support the idea that Modric is anti-Semitic. So why would he call Levy a "Jew boy"? Why are you talking about Jew boys?

Its got nothing to do with anything.

Im so over Modric. They were nice comments. I'll never feel any love for him after he named Chelsea last year, but right now I couldnt give a flying fuck about him.

All about how we adjust, now.

sammyspurs said:
Im so over Modric. They were nice comments. I'll never feel any love for him after he named Chelsea last year, but right now I couldnt give a flying fuck about him.

All about how we adjust, now.
Simply put... thanks for the memories, now back to business.

DannySpur said:
What is wrong with saying Jew boy?
Oh dear me, where to start.....

but it's OK to agree to call Modric a Rat Boy?
Rat boy is not a racially motivated label.
Have you ever shouted Yid/Yido in inspiration for your beloved spurs?
No. Having been born into a maternally Jewish family I was brought up to treat it as a slur. We have debated this on here before, and simply because the majority of fans think it is ok and that the word has been recalimed, there is a still a section of the Jewish community who find it offensive. I'm not sure what yid or yiddo has to do with the unwarranted use of "jew boy" in your post.

DannySpur said:
OK so just by saying Jew boy, in the context to get my point across I have a hatred towards Jews according to smoked salmon
You're either not all that smart or playing the straw man. Have another read of my first post. I am not saying you hate Jews, I am saying the implication that Modric has anti-semetic sentiments is distasteful, irrelevant and not based on any evidence whatsoever. It's a nonsense embelishment that you have created in an effort to make him out to be worse than he actually it.

I dont understand why Modric wasnt sold right near the start of the window and had done with it....would have enabled lots of other actions to start without the media being knobheads about our club

Back
Top Bottom