Modrics latest comments

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are we going to stop calling Aussies Aussies and stop calling Women Women then?.

Australia was a penal colony for England, many of Australia's first settlers were convicts, sentenced to transportation from England. Now If I was to call an Aussie a POM, now that is considered offensive. That's having a Dig right at there past History! What about Women and there equal rights to Men, some Family's still carry on the tradition that Women stay at home, look after the Children, Cook the Dinner, do the Washing and agree with what ever decisions the Man makes, not to mention that at one point women were not aloud to vote, and there's still generally a lot of so called feminists in the World we live in today. Men had the Power, made the rules and Women had no say in the matter. So because of this, are we all going to stop calling Women, Women? because of past blatantly non equal rights? If I was to go up to a Women and say your not equal to Men, that is damn right out of order and is Offensive.

Aren't these a title a defining word . Women are Women. Aussies are Aussies... Men are Men, Children are Children Etc etc..

There's so many more examples that I could give. Now as far as calling someone a Jew Boy no I do not think it should be considered offensive, but somehow to some people it is. Although, Jew is short for Jewish, meaning Jewish Person. Is this not a title a so called Nation of people? Is a Black Man, not a title a Nation of People? What about a White Man? Isn't it defining a persons Nation.

White Boy / Black Boy / Greek Boy / Jew Boy.

What about Yid Army? Spurs fans Sing it? or Yids

If someone went out there way and wanted to be offensive. Wouldn't someone rather be blatantly offensive.

As I have said before, the term Jew Boy is said amongst Jewish people and not considered offensive, so why should it be considered offensive when some random says it on a forum? What if I was Jewish that would be OK, right?

DannySpur said:
Australia was a penal colony for England, many of Australia's first settlers were convicts, sentenced to transportation from England. Now If I was to call an Aussie a POM, now that is considered offensive. That's having a Dig right at there past History! What about Women and there equal rights to Men, some Family's still carry on the tradition that Women stay at home, look after the Children, Cook the Dinner, do the Washing and agree with what ever decisions the Man makes, not to mention that at one point women were not aloud to vote, and there's still generally a lot of so called feminists in the World we live in today. Men had the Power, made the rules and Women had no say in the matter. So because of this, are we all going to stop calling Women, Women? because of past blatantly non equal rights? If I was to go up to a Women and say your not equal to Men, that is damn right out of order and is Offensive.
I'm sure that fact that there are biological differences between a man and a woman may have something to do with why we have seperate names for each gender.

Aren't these a title a defining word . Women are Women. Aussies are Aussies... Men are Men, Children are Children Etc etc..
I am the walrus, googookijooo.

There's so many more examples that I could give. Now as far as calling someone a Jew Boy no I do not think it should be considered offensive, but somehow to some people it is. Although, Jew is short for Jewish, meaning Jewish Person. Is this not a title a so called Nation of people? Is a Black Man, not a title a Nation of People? What about a White Man? Isn't it defining a persons Nation.
Nigger is derived from the latin word for black, niger. So, if you are saying that literal meaning of words is all that matters, and context and history is an irrelevance, then would you feel comfortable using the term nigger in eery day conversation? If you answer no, then why not?
There has been much debate on this and some sections of the Jewish support for Spurs do find it offensive. There are several threads on it, I suggest you look them up.

If someone went out there way and wanted to be offensive. Wouldn't someone rather be blatantly offensive.
If someone were setting out to be malicious then yes, but that does not mean we should be dismissive if we use racial slurs in an unwarranted fashion and it offends someone.
As I have said before, the term Jew Boy is said amongst Jewish people and not considered offensive
Not by the ones I know.

What if I was Jewish that would be OK, right?
No.

yiddo2786 said:
Did anybody think Trunk had gone too far when Modric's dad told him to "cut off his (Levy's) jew balls"?
I don't know about the comment you are referring to, but Trunk has stepped over the line on occasion on other subjects.

I take it you are implying that Trunk is some sort of cult hero therefore any comments that he makes are ignored. I'm not sure that's been the case though, I have been following Trunk on FB since before TFC existed and I can remember at least one occasion when he made a joke about a recently deceased person (can't remember who off the top of my head) and he was slated en masse.

Smoked Salmon said:
yiddo2786 said:
Did anybody think Trunk had gone too far when Modric's dad told him to "cut off his (Levy's) jew balls"?
I don't know about the comment you are referring to, but Trunk has stepped over the line on occasion on other subjects.

I take it you are implying that Trunk is some sort of cult hero therefore any comments that he makes are ignored. I'm not sure that's been the case though, I have been following Trunk on FB since before TFC existed and I can remember at least one occasion when he made a joke about a recently deceased person (can't remember who off the top of my head) and he was slated en masse.
I remember both Trunk's comments that are being referenced. The Gary Speed one was unfortunate and distasteful, but he didn't deserve the vitriol. It was one of those bad-taste jokes that loads of people are happy to use. Just a bit too soon, maybe.

The other comment in his video was over the line, I would say. However, at the same point, he is a non-Jewish person who thinks we should stop using Yid because some Jewish people find it offensive.

This thread's getting tiresome because someone used racist language and is trying to defend it and others (including me) won't give up. I think trying to reason with Danny is a waste of time, so I'm outta here.

Smoked Salmon said:
I take it you are implying that Trunk is some sort of cult hero therefore any comments that he makes are ignored.
I think that's the implication, and I also think it's tied into the earlier comment (from sammyspurs?) about "why is it ok when 1882 does it?"

FWIW (and this isn't directed at Smoked Salmon), comedy/satire is a place where people can explore dark topics and try to find relief from quotidian grief by going dark, dark, dark. The problem is that it's very, very hard to do that—to use taboo material. Louis CK talks about this, iirc, and if you want to see a pro at it, watch Sarah Silverman.

No one on this forum is a pro (that I know of), and certainly no one has ever shown pro-like sensibilities when it comes to comedy.

So the line in the OP as well as the gag in Trunk's piece, imo, were meant jocularly/satirically, but were both out of bounds. They were easy and gratuitous, like nearly every Wenger joke or rape gag ever, and so they didn't do the work to earn the right to deal with offensive material.

Smoked Salmon said:
I'm sure that fact that there are biological differences between a man and a woman may have something to do with why we have seperate names for each gender.
What about the fact of Nationality differences between Nations, how do we Define a Nation then? Oh I no that person is English, that person Is Jewish or that person is a Jew because surely according to the dictionary Jew and Jewish mean the same thing.

Smoked Salmon said:
Nigger is derived from the latin word for black, niger. So, if you are saying that literal meaning of words is all that matters, and context and history is an irrelevance, then would you feel comfortable using the term nigger in eery day conversation? If you answer no, then why not?
Niger to Black person is as Offensive just as much as calling a Jewish Person a kike. Do black people get offended when you say or refer to a Black Man, as a Black Man? Do Jewish people get offended when you say or refer to a Jewish person as a Jew?

DannySpur said:
Smoked Salmon said:
Then why Do Jewish people do it? Why is it NO on a forum and OK amongst known Jewish people in General real Life conversation happening in the moment of time?

DannySpur said:
Are we going to stop calling Aussies Aussies and stop calling Women Women then?.

White Boy / Black Boy / Greek Boy / Jew Boy.

As I have said before, the term Jew Boy is said amongst Jewish people and not considered offensive, so why should it be considered offensive when some random says it on a forum? What if I was Jewish that would be OK, right?

I can see you are truly failing to grasp this.

There is no racial or offensive connotations about calling someone from Australia and Aussie, I really cannot see how you are struggling to see the difference between this and saying:

DannySpur said:
let me go you Jew boy!

The negative connotation is quite clear in this sentence, you must be pretty naive to believe that you could claim this was an innocent description of Daniel Levy. For one, what does his religious persuasion have to do with Modric's desire to leave the club or his request to leave?

The same applies for every other twisted analogy you have given, you're clutching at straws here. I don't see how you can win this one Danny, best thing for you to do would be either to apologise and hold your hands up (maybe this was an honest mistake?) Or admit to being a Troll and fuck the hell off.

I-say-fuck-off.jpg

DannySpur said:
What about the fact of Nationality differences between Nations, how do we Define a Nation then? Oh I no that person is English, that person Is Jewish or that person is a Jew because surely according to the dictionary Jew and Jewish mean the same thing.
This is the second time you have suggested Judaism is a nationality. It is not. It is a religion and a race.

As for defining nations, obvious name are necessary. But you have defeated your own argument by making this point as the names of countries is not enough to generate any bigotry or malice, what is required in context and use before nationality related remarks become offensive and xenophobic. For instance, if I said "there is a large Pakistani community in Bradford" it would not be the same as saying "all those dirty Pakistanis coming to Bradford should fuck off home". Once is clearly malicious and offensive, the other is not.

Smoked Salmon said:
Niger to Black person is as Offensive just as much as calling a Jewish Person a kike. Do black people get offended when you say or refer to a Black Man, as a Black Man? Do Jewish people get offended when you say or refer to a Jewish person as a Jew?
You didn't answer the question. It was your point that literal meaning was all that was required, not context and use. You have again, defeated your own argument in that regard by being unable to answer the question of why you may or may not feeling uncomfortable using the word nigger, after all it's just a word that means black, and by also comparing nigger to kike, that latter having very different origins to the former.

DannySpur said:
Smoked Salmon said:
Then why Do Jewish people do it? Why is it NO on a forum and OK amongst known Jewish people in General real Life conversation happening in the moment of time?[/quote]Like I said above, I don't use it, nor do any Jews I know use it. You'd better find a Jew who uses it and put that question to them not me, because I don't consider it fact based.

Anyhow, as SchoolBoy'sOwnStuff says, it's looking clear that you have it in your mind that the comment being debated is entirely acceptable and any countering viewpoint, whoever it's from, is either ignored or rubbished by you. Suffice it to say that you should carry on as you see fit - as long as you are prepared for any heat you may attract in the future for offending people. So, for me, it's time to bow out.

DannySpur said:

*looks up the country of Jewtopia*...... nope google maps has fuck all. Oh yeah that's right because Judaism is Faith not a fucking country you utter utter thundercunt. It's this kind of insidious bollocks and excuse making for racism that allows people like the BNP and UKIP to thrive in this country. The argument of:

"oh we were only using it as a term of differentiation"

Is utter utter shite, and has been used by bigots and racists for fucking decades. Wait a minute......

conspiracy-keanu.jpg

What if DannySpur is John Terry????

82776004.gif

Tucker said:
I can see you are truly failing to grasp this.
Why? because you say so, what is this some sort of reverse psychology, In hope that I truly start to believe it.

Tucker said:
There is no racial or offensive connotations about calling someone from Australia and Aussie, I really cannot see how you are struggling to see the difference between this and saying:
How is Jew boy racist? Why is it slightly more considered under the belt when it comes to Race? Opposed to if someone was to call or consider someone Dumb or stupid? It could still make you feel the similar negative emotions although depending on how tough your skin is and how badly you let it get to you. If everyone is pointing at you, like everyone replying to me in this forum and saying I'm way out of line, when I feel that I haven't done anything wrong, the tables are turned against me, I'm on my own on this one, backed into a corner / suffocated. Things are not looking good for me, I'm losing my rep points faster then usain bolt, people are saying I'm wrong, calling me a troll telling me to fuck off trying to belittle me, trying to get me to apoligise but this is all OK because I said Jew Boy.

Tucker said:
The negative connotation is quite clear in this sentence, you must be pretty naive to believe that you could claim this was an innocent description of Daniel Levy. For one, what does his religious persuasion have to do with Modric's desire to leave the club or his request to leave?
There are plenty of things on this forum that is not innocent and The Club Tottenham Hotspurs as we all commonly know had original board members who was Jewish and DL as far as I know is British, so how can that be an innocent description of him of his religion. It's just everyone replying has taken that comment as being something bad.

Tucker said:
The same applies for every other twisted analogy you have given, you're clutching at straws here. I don't see how you can win this one Danny, best thing for you to do would be either to apologise and hold your hands up (maybe this was an honest mistake?) Or admit to being a Troll and fuck the hell off.
Jew Boy not acceptable. But telling someone to Fuck off is?

Back
Top Bottom