Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Wembley was to blame 'cos 85,000 fans were TOO many and our players felt the pressure...
Tonight there are half a dozen in the ground...
Who's to blame now?

Were the 5 Monaco ULTRAS really too much for us tonight?

What was the point of Lloris' match winning performance....? it got us NOWHERE!

FUCKING BOLLOCKS SPURS.
FUCK OFF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...
don't bother qualifying if you're not gonna take it fucking seriously.

Fuck it.

Don't really understand the lloris comment. How can there be no point? It kept us in the game throughout when we should have been thrashed. We got the lifeline but were stupid and not focused. Should he just stand there and let them in? Agree with the rest though. Don't understand our attitude in this tournament. Our EPL games have not been much better since the city win.

I agree with all you just said now but what has that got to do with me disagreeing that alli was our worst player? or have you quoted the wrong post?
Because you made specific ref to our back four. Whilst they were not great, if we are to improve defensively, we have to press high up the pitch first and Alli is integral in doing that. Last year he was like a rash on players, being aggressive and not giving them time to breeth, often he was the trigger, he went and we all pressed. This year nothing and absolutely nothing tonight.

We finished 3rd and accomplished CL with a full strength squad last season. Have been stumbling all this season with injuries galore. We faced a team tonight with a full strength squad. We lost, too bad. We hadn't played a full strength squad all CL and haven't really performed that great. We move on. Some players need to give their heads a shake and start playing like we know they can and the. We guys need to step up and impact a game!

But the games showed that our squad has huge heart. We should keep our faith with them. Not slag them off. You are by far the most negative poster on here.

This squad has real potential they have made me so proud. They have struggled in the CL but will learn.

Sorry but there was no heart out there tonight. Had we lost with effort and hardworking then I'd be fine with holding my hands up and saying the opposition was just too good for us but that cannot be said for anyone we played. Every team was average and we just didn't care. But that surely cannot be true but it certainly looked like it. Pointless finishing in the top 4 to go out like that. sorry but they deserve a slagging off for these group games.

:pochsulk:

Too many things to comment on. I'll just say, the distribution plan out of the back is noble, but when opponents are closing us down in the midfield like that we cannot be taking such long passes out of the back. They were organized and jumped on us everytime.

Not sure how the game would have gone had Son put that one away at the beginning.....

I noticed something both on Spammers home this season and home in 14/15. The players actually started to believe and perform whilst the most of us had given up and started to look for the exits. When the genuinly loyal supporters raised their voices, the players started to work their asses off to control the game. I think this shows how important external factors are to the team and their mentality. Wembley haven't done us any favor for making this campaign successful. And the team needs to learn how to find true team spirit from their own hearts, rather than noise and previous good experiences.
If we do not fix this upon next season we are meeting though times.

Meanwhile Leicester FCKN City, contemplate Christmas looking forward to the knockout CL, with a a game to spare , having lost every game away in the PL this year.
Its got to be downto priorites, there is no other answer.

t

Meanwhile Leicester FCKN City, contemplate Christmas looking forward to the knockout CL, with a a game to spare , having lost every game away in the PL this year.

t
Actually they have picked up 1 point away all season. Can you guess who against?:eriksenserious:

:pochsulk:

Too many things to comment on. I'll just say, the distribution plan out of the back is noble, but when opponents are closing us down in the midfield like that we cannot be taking such long passes out of the back. They were organized and jumped on us everytime.

Not sure how the game would have gone had Son put that one away at the beginning.....
Could argue the same thing about the first Monaco game. Fine margins...

turned out that we not ready for the CL. Hoped but we are not. had a fabulous run for a year and a half without spending much but now facing injuries and tough stretch ahead mentally and physically. We can still finish top 4 though. now that we are out of CL I am glad we are out and in position to be able to focus league 100%

turned out that we not ready for the CL. Hoped but we are not. had a fabulous run for a year and a half without spending much but now facing injuries and tough stretch ahead mentally and physically. We can still finish top 4 though. now that we are out of CL I am glad we are out and in position to be able to focus league 100%

I agree, I am not too bothered as England/international bollocks since June has left us overstretched, we can have a clean run at domestic competition now and put kids in Europa

i feel for those who bought the Wembley ticket package including those in my family but hey ho you are supporters and are lucky enough to see us play, just get pissed and conga round the stands next week fuck it!

t

Makes no sense to me that we didn't consider this a priority. OK we won't win it but playing the the best teams in Europe and giving em a good game is what it's for. Otherwise screw the top 4 and just focus on cup football every year.

Back
Top Bottom