Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is if your a spurs player and you know your defence is shit and its a game that doesn't matter in sticky weather, then it's hard to care much. So, yeah it was shot and had it been a competitive game then I, and no doubt every Spurs fan would be livid. But it wasn't, it was a pointless game with many of our first team missing, so who gives a fuck?

We need to buy a CB though - that's clear - I'm sure we will, but the sooner the better.

Townsend continues to improve. How old is he again?
Just 22

Remember the pre-season when Bent was in fire, we won 8 out of 8 including beating Roma 5-0 when Bentley scored a free-kick.....well we had 2 points from 8 games at the start of that season.

Take the game with a pinch of salt.

Remember the pre-season when Bent was in fire, we won 8 out of 8 including beating Roma 5-0 when Bentley scored a free-kick.....well we had 2 points from 8 games at the start of that season.

Take the game with a pinch of salt.

Didn't Postiga have a fantastic pre season also?

We will never be able to keep him as that though, if we do that, we lose him next summer. Hasn't he said just recently "Now might be the time to move permanently"?
Fair enough. I do think he should be given a chance, not sure if he will be good enough though. Guess there is only one way to find out.

Bale
Dawson
Vertonghen
Kaboul
Ekotto
Holtby
Sandro
Paulinho
Adebayor
Soldado....

...All missing (for whatever reason). Makes this game virtually meaningless.

Only real frustration for me is we are a game away from the season and are yet to play anything like our first team

Bale
Dawson
Vertonghen
Kaboul
Ekotto
Holtby
Sandro
Paulinho
Adebayor
Soldado....

Only real frustration for me is we are a game away from the season and are yet to play anything like our first team

Is a concern that we are due to play a team who's ground will be buzzing as their back in the top flight and our first 11 hasn't played.

AVB has always been cautious to rush back injured or new players except Bale.

So, I'm thinking Sandro and Paulinho both won't play on the first game?

Considering all the talk of helicoptering into Monaco from Nice in this thread and the bloodbath/comedy that ensued, I imagine this match was akin to an episode of M*A*S*H.

Bale
Dawson
Vertonghen
Kaboul
Ekotto
Holtby
Sandro
Paulinho
Adebayor
Soldado....

...All missing (for whatever reason)
Does that mean they're all leaving too?
Cos that's what Bale's absence means!
(EDIT) ACCORDING TO THE BRITISH PRESS+MARCA! Not my opinion of course, I was merely pointing out the ridiculousness of the current situation!

(Edit for @ Super Jan Fan Super Jan Fan .... neg rep THAT!)

Last edited:
Bale
Dawson
Vertonghen
Kaboul
Ekotto
Holtby
Sandro
Paulinho
Adebayor
Soldado....

In a formation:

................... Gomes
Kaboul Dawson Vertonghen Ekotto
............. Sandro Paulinho
.................... Holtby
Bale................................. Adebayor
.................. Soldado

Not bad like...

Back
Top Bottom