Most disrespected player

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ledley king more than made up for it on the pitch.
Lamela is a 1 in 3 when fit and is only fit 1 in 5.
Lamela.jpg

TELEMMGLPICT000159238205_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqg5Y0vXx39MAMtQC3iHh4k9uIS5zh11GxlhYOFhXcxxQ.jpeg

1233828400000514-0-image-a-22_1522523656499.jpg

SPURS LEGEND

I hate the legend status given to bit part players because they somehow look odd, do theatrics or stupid things.

Hate it.
True legends are Greaves Gazza Hoddle Kane etc

Agreed but entertaining off the ball incidents aside, he's bang average and a bit of a problem.
You forgot Martial as well btw.
But a fit Lamela would be one of the first names on the team sheet
Especially against the Scum!

You have to ask - how has he got away with all this so many times. How has he never been sent off for us?

Cos he's never done anything wrong. If some clumsy gooner gets his hand caught under Coco's studs whilst he's going for a casual evening stroll, how is that his fault.

I wouldnโ€™t say he was disrespected but he left without a lot of fanfare considering he was with us 4 years: Roman Pavlyuchenko

Wasnโ€™t a consistent scorer but scored some important goals through the years especially on the cup competitions. Was a lazy sod though

I wouldnโ€™t say he was disrespected but he left without a lot of fanfare considering he was with us 4 years: Roman Pavlyuchenko

Wasnโ€™t a consistent scorer but scored some important goals through the years especially on the cup competitions. Was a lazy sod though
He did score some important goals, but you're right, he wasn't consistent. I started following Spurs the year before he joined and I never really understood why people called him 'super pav'. He just didn't seem exceptional. I understand affection for players, so maybe it's just that. I love Lamela, but he's hardly prolific. I call him him the Llama, though, which seems fair.

My vote would go to Aaron Lennon. He was with us for ages, gave us width and pace, scored some mint goals, made the CL sparkle with Crouch (lol) and left with a grimace, which we laughed about. He deserved better.

Note: I'm aware he sucked at crosses. But... but... pace! We had time to get up the pitch and watch his cross.

Never ceases to suprise me the outright abuse some players receive from certain quarters.... Look no further than the threads for the likes of Dier, Davies, Winks, Lucas (and others)...... No grasp of the possibility that players can improve/refind form regardless of how many examples there are to the contrary........ It's shameful really.

My vote would go to Aaron Lennon. He was with us for ages, gave us width and pace, scored some mint goals, made the CL sparkle with Crouch (lol) and left with a grimace, which we laughed about. He deserved better.

Note: I'm aware he sucked at crosses. But... but... pace! We had time to get up the pitch and watch his cross.
Lennon was my favourite player at that time. Yes his crosses were wasteful but he scared the life out of the opposition with his speed. He did disappoint in one match when he went off injured towards the end of a match when we had used al our subs much to Redknapps annoyance. However I think most supporters appreciated him and would pick him in their first 11. Would not get in the team now which shows how far we have come.

Lennon was my favourite player at that time. Yes his crosses were wasteful but he scared the life out of the opposition with his speed. He did disappoint in one match when he went off injured towards the end of a match when we had used al our subs much to Redknapps annoyance. However I think most supporters appreciated him and would pick him in their first 11. Would not get in the team now which shows how far we have come.
Lennon was synonymous with the sound of the seats hitting the back of the row as everyone in the stadium stood up when he got the ball on the wing. He was class for us for years even if he wasn't elite. As a kid going to spurs he was the most exciting player to watch

That winner at home on November 5th 2006 agaisnt the chavs is still in my top 5 spurs moments

Last edited:
Never ceases to suprise me the outright abuse some players receive from certain quarters.... Look no further than the threads for the likes of Dier, Davies, Winks, Lucas (and others)...... No grasp of the possibility that players can improve/refind form regardless of how many examples there are to the contrary........ It's shameful really.

Agreed. I would even go so far as to say that most players are disrespected. If someone is not one of the best in their position in the league/world at any given time, they are "shit" or similar. I have been guilty of this myself.

But if you consider how many very talented young footballers train really fucking hard only to find themselves not breaking through at a professional level, or "merely" making it in league two, league one, the championship or for a lower premier league side, or merely making iy in any team below the top 20 in the world, you might get an idea how ridiculously narrow the path to becoming a player for Spurs really is. Obviously, they are pretty fucking far from bad.

Even making it as a professional for Mansfield Town is quite exceptional and deservant of credit and respect.

Back
Top Bottom