Most disrespected player

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Adebayor always gets a free pass from me for winding up the Scum fans so much when he ran the length of the field to celebrate scoring against them for Citeh

Hilarious 😆 😆 😆

But I do get what you mean and turning his back on a free kick was unforgivable together with Paulihno and we conceded from it!!

That was when we got absolutely torn apart by West Ham excruciating.

I can think of quite a few decent players that were slagged off for no apparent reason.

Defoe. Claims of him only being able to score against the poor sides when no one else can fucking do it.

Jenas . He was no Vierra for sure but we pretty much always played better when he was on the pitch and he scored a fair few important goals for us.

In hindsight this is a daft one but Carrick - Because he didn't have flashy stats a lot fans didn't think he did much yet he went on to win how many titles and become how important?

In hindsight this is a daft one but Carrick - Because he didn't have flashy stats a lot fans didn't think he did much yet he went on to win how many titles and become how important?
Agree completely. I remember at the time a lot of fans weren't too bothered he left but he was key in the 'nearly 4th' season. We didn't replace him for a few years - went on to become a key part of a good Man United team. Had a lot of good qualities but wasn't flashy or eye catching so kind of went under the radar.

The thing with Carrick is he didn't get assists and goals. It was the pass before that phase of play and the stats at the time didn't show key passes.
If you watched the games you could see him pulling the strings but if you watched highlights you didn't really get the impact as they wouldn't show all the times he did it but a goal didn't come.

:mourfacepalm:
nintchdbpict000384113891.jpg

SPURS LEGEND

I'm going to add Tom Huddlestone.

I just never understood the criticism he got. All this nonsense about being fat and slow.

Shameful that Spurs fans couldn't see the ability he had on the ball. His technique and range of passing was superb. Talk about a Spurs type player, he was it.
Compare that to Sissoko for example and you think WTF are you guys watching.

We've not had a player since Tom, who can switch play as well as he could. Dembele, Modric, Wanyama, Parker, Dier, Winks couldn't do it. Tom was the perfect player to have in the midfield to exploit Bale and Lennon on either flank. Losing Carrick was big because he could switch play, but to then find a younger, English replacement on the cheap in Tom was one of the best bits of business that was done by a DoF at spurs.

I still remember with fondness that 2009/10 season when Redknapp played Modric and Huddlestone in midfield. Exact opposite to what we have now in Hojbjerg and Sissoko.
I do agree that Tom took some really unwarranted shite from a significant portion of Spurs fans but to compare him to Sissoko is like trying to compare a tulip with a dandelion.

Back
Top Bottom