MOTD Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How bad are Everton?
I know the final score on this game but I think it flatters Woolwich, how did they only score 5 against defending this bad? Against just 10 men? And also concede 2 goals themselves?

Cro magnon and chrome dome are kissing Ozil's ass for 5 minutes on motd because he made 3 defensive runs , against the worst team in the league. Well done

Just watched us on MOTD....
* We were first on.
* After the highlights, 2 gooners proceeded to talk complimentary stuff about us.
* There were no sly digs and absolutely zero mentions of 'but can they keep hold of X'

giphy.gif

Just watched us on MOTD....
* We were first on.
* After the highlights, 2 gooners proceeded to talk complimentary stuff about us.
* There were no sly digs and absolutely zero mentions of 'but can they keep hold of X'

giphy.gif

It must really pain them. Although Wright has been complimentary about us for a while. And why not we have a philosophy built around developing young talent, a core of English players, we lack cunty egos and have a coach with a warm media personality.

How bad are Everton?
I know the final score on this game but I think it flatters Woolwich, how did they only score 5 against defending this bad? Against just 10 men? And also concede 2 goals themselves?

I watched that game on sky and that's exactly what I was thinking, they are truly gash. Williams at the back is a fucking disaster. I've always thought they were bang average even before the transfer splurge this summer, Rooney is the only quality they got now.

It must really pain them. Although Wright has been complimentary about us for a while. And why not we have a philosophy built around developing young talent, a core of English players, we lack cunty egos and have a coach with a warm media personality.

Begrudgingly I think the Goon twins are two of the better pundits.
I have visions of them washing their mouth out with soap after the show though :)

Yeah those 2 are not the worse pundits to be fair.

Those reasons you give, whilst you would think it would garner some favor with the whole media, its as a red flag to a bull for most of them. They are now are all feeling the pain as we are not quietly going away.
Not only that but we keep improving!
They're waiting for wheels to fall off, but we don't have wheels anymore, we have spaceships :)

I think Keown and Wright are actually entering the acceptance stage, but many of the media are still alternating between the other stages of grief: Denial, anger, bargaining & depression.
Sometimes you can hear those all in a single match from a commentator lol

Begrudgingly I think the Goon twins are two of the better pundits.
I have visions of them washing their mouth out with soap after the show though :)
ian wright is a penis. he can barely string a sentence together. Good that he's honest enough to big up Kane but I'm not happy that my license fee is paying for some inarticulate, base level punter to give his 'expert' view on a game. I shudder at the thought of some of the chavvy scumbags we get on Scottish football programmes - Ian wright is of the same caliber. and hes a filthy scum cunt.

ian wright is a penis. he can barely string a sentence together. Good that he's honest enough to big up Kane but I'm not happy that my license fee is paying for some inarticulate, base level punter to give his 'expert' view on a game. I shudder at the thought of some of the chavvy scumbags we get on Scottish football programmes - Ian wright is of the same caliber. and hes a filthy scum cunt.

He is of course a penis.
His meltdown after England got beat by NI was comedy gold.

Most of the pundits these days are pretty much what you describe.
Regurgitating whatever the new narrative is and repeating the current buzzword over and over.

I will switch MOTD off if Shearer or Lawreson are on.
I don't so much if Wright is on.

Wright is probably the most even handed pundit on MOTD. I'd still take Jermaine, obviously, but Wright doesn't stray into the stupid that often, in my opinion.

Wright is probably the most even handed pundit on MOTD. I'd still take Jermaine, obviously, but Wright doesn't stray into the stupid that often, in my opinion.

I like it when Keown is on, not for what he says but how the BBC wardrobe department manage to get him into clothes and put the club down. Apparently he still wonders over to the bright lights in the studio and coos at them on a regular basis

Wright may be even handed, but he is a total knob who clearly isn't very good at punditry.

Just regurgitates what everybody already knows

How bad are Everton?
Didn’t they score 3 goals after the dismissal and Wilshere apparently impressed again in midfield, coming on straight after the crap Everton lost their best midfielder & went down to 10, to set up Ramsey.
Like I said only the 2nd team to concede 2 to Everton. the other being Bournemouth.

Couldn't disagree more Ian Wright is alright in my book Woolwich legend or no Woolwich legend.

Back
Top Bottom