Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really sad if true, absolutely love this guy. Never got the recognition league wide that he deserved.

Absolutely unplayable when he is fit, not many midfielders like him. In fact, I don’t think I’ve seen a midfielder like him. So so unique and I’d be absolutely gutted if this is true but I will always wish the Moose the best.

Thanks for the memories Moose but I hope this isn’t goodbye as of yet.

I feel sad, not for the club but mostly for him. Someone of his ability deserves silverware and recognition. Yet once he leaves I'm certain only Spurs and Fulham fans will remember his name and what he does on the pitch.
Best of luck to you Mousa, when you're on it watching you play like an actual God on the pitch brings so much joy to us fans.

A fit again & rested Dembele will be like a new signing, even if it’s for his swan song & he’s off to pastures new at the end of the season. Cannot wait to see him back in the team. Still hoping he stays to be honest. His appearances may become even more sporadic but what a player to have at your disposal. And what the younger players could try to learn from him about ball retention would be of huge value moving forwards.
Love me the Moose.
:dembelewtf:

One of the best players I have seen in our shirt at his best, simply unplayable and completely unique. Hopefully he can get fit and finish the season off well cause when he can string together a run of games he is still just as good (think back to March 2018 where he dominated about 6 games in a row)

I’m assuming he must be fit, or nearly ready for competitive matches?
I’m going to leave it here. It’s a mistake selling him in this window for £11m.
I’d rather keep him until the end of the season if he is available to play. He knows the club, the players, the manager & the system.
We are very light in his position.
If we bring someone in immediately, which is not a given, it’s not a signing for the “run in” & more long term.

£11m is fuck all. Losing out on possible trophies and/or league placing because we don’t have the personnel to cover any further injuries in that position, would be a disaster.

There will be games, big games, that cry out for the Moose.

I for one will be gutted if/when he goes. I will be baffled and gutted if we sell him while we are still in 4 competitions, without any/adequate cover for one of the most crucial positions in Poch’s system.

I’m assuming he must be fit, or nearly ready for competitive matches?
I’m going to leave it here. It’s a mistake selling him in this window for £11m.
I’d rather keep him until the end of the season if he is available to play. He knows the club, the players, the manager & the system.
We are very light in his position.
If we bring someone in immediately, which is not a given, it’s not a signing for the “run in” & more long term.

£11m is fuck all. Losing out on possible trophies and/or league placing because we don’t have the personnel to cover any further injuries in that position, would be a disaster.

There will be games, big games, that cry out for the Moose.

I for one will be gutted if/when he goes. I will be baffled and gutted if we sell him while we are still in 4 competitions, without any/adequate cover for one of the most crucial positions in Poch’s system.

It's only a mistake if we don't sign anyone. We would be silly to turn down £11m for an injury prone 31 year old who has barely played this season. I love Mousa but now is the right time for all parties to move on, especially with Sissoko playing so well. The team has already adapted to his absence.

If Wanyama wasn't effectively retired then I'd be slightly less bummed by this. He's an extremely good player to have in the squad for the remainder of the season, gutted that he's going now.

Oh well, best of luck to Moose. Hope he makes his (further) millions in China and can then give those ankles a well needed rest.

It's only a mistake if we don't sign anyone. We would be silly to turn down £11m for an injury prone 31 year old who has barely played this season. I love Mousa but now is the right time for all parties to move on, especially with Sissoko playing so well. The team has already adapted to his absence.
The right time would be end of season..Not now.

Best of luck Moose, I'm with Boltonspur Boltonspur , big mistake, £11m is no dosh at all in the overall scheme.

Remember for years we just couldn't win when he was injured. Never seen a player able to hold off oppo midfielders, totally outnumbered. Klopp's first match i/c when the previously lazy sods went balls out to impress the new manager was a masterclass, just couldn't get the ball off him.

Unless Mousa is banging the door down to leave, it's absolute madness to let him go in January if we haven't a replacement lined up(which lets be honest, we more than likely don't.)
This "but we can't turn down 11 mil" consensus is crazy. We bloody well can, and should, if it will negatively affect the teams, which it will.
There should have been a long term replacement in for Dembele two transfer windows ago. How we've gotten to this situation actually beggars belief.

Back
Top Bottom