Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What if the Moose wants to go and the club are doing what's best for a long standing player. Suppose it's easier to claim Levy's a tight cunt and the club doesn't know what the fuck it's doing.
How many on here think we're forcing him out of the door?

What if the Moose wants to go and the club are doing what's best for a long standing player. Suppose it's easier to claim Levy's a tight cunt and the club doesn't know what the fuck it's doing.
How many on here think we're forcing him out of the door?
He could stay until the end of the season and be a free agent. He could negotiate a better deal then.
Whatever the club is doing (& I’m fucked if I know) it certainly isn’t with Mousa at the absolute forefront of their mind. It’s a business. And they are in the business of making money.
I’m not suggesting that he’s being forced out the door, but if he’s indicated he’s off at the end of the season, the club isn’t going to wait until the end of the season. In this instance, I disagree with that decision for the money involved, the potential to leave us bereft in a key position & the fact that we ain’t getting a ready made replacement any time soon. In today’s market, we are looking at £70 million plus for a potential replacement.

TBF, he could just wait until the end of the season and get a massive signing on bonus. He isn't and we're getting decent money for him. I hope it's what both him and the club want. We've stuck by him thought-out his injury woes and there have been a lot of them. For me it looks like mutual respect.

No idea on this but we are a perverse club.

Does it mean we will bring someone in during January? Not us.

I guess Chelsea would stand accused of doing similar with Fabregas but at least they did buy Jorginho.

His time as a high performer has probably gone and that means any extension to his contract would have been limited but our options in central midfield are not vast and none control the game like Dembele once did and still can.

And then we have to believe or should I say hope we have identified targets who are good enough and who we will pay the money for, if not now then in the summer. Think what you like on that.

But we are amazing because we knew this was coming.

That’s less than sanchez is getting at United per appearance. We aren’t shelling out for the next however many years at that rate. Just the next 5 months to have a top quality player available to rotate where necessary and to help us through some colossal matches.
This is one occasion where I think the club is risking so much, bearing in mind the games we have left, the fact we are in every competition we entered. For what? £9,10,11 million? It’s a lot of money to normal folk. But to a football club the size of THFC, it’s not much at all, taking into account that we are alive and kicking in 4 competitions.

I do see what you mean. It's a bit of a dicey subject but with 6 players in Vorm (free), Llorente (free), Dembele (free), Alderweireld (£25m), Janssen (£5m) & Nkoudou (£5m), probably bringing us in around £30-£35m in the summer after costing an initial £77m if fees are to be believed (£5m, £13m, £15m, £14m, £20m & £10m)

It really wouldn't surprise me to see Levy cash in on Mousa & Llorente this window for £15m as that's still a fair bit of money for two players that have hardly been seen or missed over the last 2-3 months. £15m now or £0 in 5-6 months time I think he's in a tricky situation as to whats better on for the team or for the coffers

It all depends on incomings. Remember that we are out of non-homegrown slots, so if we want to sign a replacement then somebody has to go now (or not be registered and just sit around till the summer).

Valid point. The rumours of China have been floating around for about a year or so now so you could be onto something

This is becoming nonsensical. Do we want a squad that competes or to try and do it with the smallest ever squad?

We shall see what happens but even for those who can defend the indefensible this possible departure must seem reckless.

Last edited:
Sad to see him go but by all accounts he wanted to leave last year also. He knows his time in the Prem is up his body can't take it anymore and wants a massive retirement fund fair play and all the best Moussa!

Also we need to sign a replacement in Jan so get the chequebook out Levy

This is becoming nonsensical. Do we want a squad that competes or to try and do it with the smallest ever squad?

We shall see what happens but even for those who can defend the indefensible this possibke departure at this time seems reckless.

If it's £10m for a player that's 32 with 6 months left on his contract who we can all see if losing his legs I'll just have to try and trust the clubs judgement. Would I rather us keep him? Of course I would but we have about 6-7 players who's value is falling by the day & with the stadium build a bit of artfulness in the market really is something that is important to the club and its finances at present. £10m is £10m afterall, 1/4 of our record fee ever spent on a player people can't be knocking it as small money for a club like Spurs

Mate he’s hardly featured at all this season and we’ve been doing ok.

Games played this season: 12
Won: 6
Drawn: 2
Lost: 4
Team goals scored: 20
Team goals conceded: 14
Win percentage with Dembele: 50%

Hardly at his best this year.

We've actually performed a lot better without him. Sad to say as Dembele was one of my favourite players about 2 years ago.

Without Dembele:

Games played: 19
Won: 15
Drawn: 1
Lost: 3
Team goals scored: 46
Team goals conceded: 18
Win percentage without Dembele: 79%

Back
Top Bottom