Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Won't be 10, but if it's something like 3 I'd take it all day long. Diego fucking Costa ffs. The world and his uncle have wanted to lay one on him since the minute he arrived in England.

Looking at his ugly Neanderthal face quite a few have already done so!

I thought 'Piltdown Man' was extinct

:goonermong:

Looks like more than 3 matches.

Meanwhile, Mousa Dembélé has been charged for an alleged act of violent conduct which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video during the same game.

The Tottenham Hotspur midfielder was involved in an incident with Chelsea’s Diego Costa near the end of the first half.

Further, it is alleged the player’s behaviour constituted violent conduct in circumstances where the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient.

Chelsea and Tottenham charged for failing to control players - Football Rules & Governance | The FA

In no way condoning what Dembele did but a 3 match ban would be more than sufficient.

Torres on Vertonghen a few years back was way worse and he got nothing.

In no way condoning what Dembele did but a 3 match ban would be more than sufficient.

Two wrongs don't make a right. It wasn't a bad challenge or a bit of pushing and shoving in a confrontation, it was deliberate, calculated and disgusting. Dembele should apologise profusely to the club for costing us in this way and certainly shouldn't be paid for weeks where he's now unable to play thanks to his own stupidity next season.

Yes, Dembele was stupid, naive and irresponsible for reacting the way he did to such provocation... but NO ONE seems to be bothered by, or has mentioned the blatant act of violent contact by Costa which was shown on the very same tv footage that has now cost Dembele the rest of the season, and most probably a chunk of next...

Costa didn't just grab Dembele's shirt, he grabbed an entire chunk of skin from his BACK and PULLED IT!
It's CLEAR to see...

tr_may4_730a.jpg

I disagree. Torres absolutely deserved a ban, but clawing isn't as bad as eye gouging.

I just feel deeply conflicted on this one. Eye gouging doesn't belong in the game and I feel ashamed for Dembele, but at the same time it would be more than fitting if Chelsea's entire squad was lined up and eye gouged one after another, with Costa getting a double.

If the worst happens we could have Dembele missing for EIGHT games next season, which is a big concern in my opinion.I think we should try to sign witsel to compete with him.
yeah, but its well worth it so we can be double hard bastards against the chavs.
Hoping rose nuts wanyama & gets a longer ban.
Lets be feared all over the land!

Back
Top Bottom