Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This replay makes it look worse than I'd remembered...

Dembele Costa

It's his middle finger that he pushes into Costa's eye, rather than keeping the 'scratching' motion down his cheek. Can't imagine how infuriating playing against Costa must be, but this just feels so bloody needless.

Edit: Leviathan Leviathan whenever I've seen a 'highlights' reel of Costa like that, there's always a part of me that wonders why all the opposition players are so violent against him. Let's be honest - it's clearly no coincidence, is it?

Here's a more recent one from this year. Did he receive a ban after this game? The face slap at the beginning is far more egregious than what Dembele did to him.

Here's a more recent one from this year. Did he receive a ban after this game? The face slap at the beginning is far more egregious than what Dembele did to him.

He's football poison, in my opinion. Brings everyone else around him down, and doesn't have the quality to even vaguely justify it.

Suarez may have been an utter cunt, and his biting/racial taunts cannot be excused, but he doesn't go into every match like Costa does, and is by far the better player.

Violent conduct, are you fucking serious? He was just face washing him as an act of intimidation, not violence. He may have made minimal brushing contact to his face but it definitely wasn't "eye" related. Utter bullshit.

What did Torres get for scratching Vertonghen? This was definitely no more "violent" than that.
:dembelewtf:

Dembele vs. Costa highlights:
aeee1c7c49684b79cb9c6fb54d9f4aff.gif

Eye Gouge does sound bad, it is over the top because it makes it sound like he was trying to take his eyes out his skull. That's the British media for you. But he did apply his finger(s) to his eye, the replays show that and it was a deliberate action. I agree there wasn't a lot of force, but that doesn't really help us, I don't think. If there was force then he could be being banned for a year for damaging his eye, so lucky that is not the case. The problem remains though, that he did go for his eye and there is no way anyone can tone it down as a slap in the face or anything like that. Two of our players are trying to stop him and Poch is watching it with a bit of a disturbed expression. It's all on camera and he is going to get a significant ban for it. Luckily we have a squad so someone will step up and I hope we buy a better backup for the likes of Dembele and Dier anyway in the summer. I hope we will learn from it, it's great to be aggressive and hold your own, and fuck cunts like Chelsea up, but there is a point where you cross a line and only hurt yourself and Dembele crossed that unfortunately. Cunt Costa deserved it, no doubt, but still.

Fair analysis and I think most people probably think about it in the same way as you. The reason it irritates me so much though is that the casual fan will now think that it was much more than it actually was (see the above GoT reference for an idea) as they will read the headlines and not look at it multiple times like we do.

On reflection of everything that surrounded the game and the actions of Costa himself in the moment, I think the FA has to be smarter than to apply a statement-making ban of over 3 games. It would seem very excessive to me. The very fact that there are multiple previous examples of Chelsea players themselves (Torres & Costa) doing eye-related poking and scratching without retrospective punishment is absurd if Dembele now gets hits with a big one.

Just another day for Spurs I suppose, don't get the influence of the 'traditional top 4' in these decisions.

This replay makes it look worse than I'd remembered...

Dembele Costa

It's his middle finger that he pushes into Costa's eye, rather than keeping the 'scratching' motion down his cheek. Can't imagine how infuriating playing against Costa must be, but this just feels so bloody needless.

Edit: Leviathan Leviathan whenever I've seen a 'highlights' reel of Costa like that, there's always a part of me that wonders why all the opposition players are so violent against him. Let's be honest - it's clearly no coincidence, is it?
In all the 'trauma' of this game, I'd actually forgotten it happened when we were STILL 2-0 up... I thought Cahill had got one back when it all kicked off...

So fucking needless, and set the tone for one of the most frustrating, annoying halves of football I've ever seen Spurs participate in! (And I'm not including the 2nd half of the 3-5 game at home to Man Utd when we were 3-0 up at HT... at LEAST that was frustrating for FOOTBALLING reasons (and ineptitude)

This was just a sickening 45 minutes, watching OUR players allow themselves to be dragged down to the level of Chelsea's sewer rats!

Fabregas and Costa are a stain and a shame on football... the fact they have a modicum of talent, and have won trophies in their careers merely disguises what odious, snidey Cunts they REALLY are!
Costa's been at it from the moment he set foot in England. .. Fabregas has taken a different route (until now) to display his cuntiness... but now both have shown their true colours, and it seems WE'RE the ones who are going to be punished for it...

And all to the backdrop soundtrack of Hissing, Zeig-Heiling from Chelsea, whilst the Cuntry cheers them on... and the usual online post-match gloating from Gooners... who are now all apparently mates again!

Makes me fucking sick to the core.

WE RECTIFY ALL OF THIS ON SUNDAY!

Last edited:
In all the 'trauma' of this game, I'd actually forgotten it happened when we were STILL 2-0 up... I thought Cahill had got one back when it all kicked off...

So fucking needless, and set the tone for one of the most frustrating, annoying halves of football I've ever seen Spurs participate in! (And I'm not including the 2nd half of the 3-5 game at home to Man Utd... at LEAST that was frustrating for FOOTBALLING reasons (and ineptitude)
This was just a sickening 45 minutes, watching OUR players allow themselves to be dragged down to the level of Chelsea's sewer rats!
If only they'd simply laughed in Costa's face every time he tried to bait them. Perhaps he would have gotten a red card instead of our players getting into trouble.

Definitely one of the the 'oh God, can't we turn back time?' fixtures.

Back to Dembele though... he's only got 20 mins left to respond to the FA Charge. Do you think we might actually be waiting until the last second to lodge an appeal? Would be top #cheekySpurs if so.

Back
Top Bottom