Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't remember a CM of ours having so many chances.
Kane and Dele miss chances and they are goalscorers.
He got into the box more than any other time he's played and if Kane and Dele would have played him in when they could he probably would have scored a goal.
We have need a CM like that for the a long time. That's why we are predictable sometimes, there's nobody coming through from midfield. Just mark the dangerous ones and make them play with back to goal.
If he continues to play like that he will get a goal and CM who gets past the back line into the box and scores can only benefit our team.
Time will tell if he's up to it.

If he is getting picked to start, then he must be working his bollox of and impressing in training! Fair play to him as if he reaches his form like he had against France will almost be like a new signing! :levywhoa:
Which is why I refused to join in the moaners club. We should always get behind any player who wears the shirt. If Poch sees something in him then that's good enough for me.

Which is why I refused to join in the moaners club. We should always get behind any player who wears the shirt. If Poch sees something in him then that's good enough for me.

Moaners aren't supporters, they're spectators with an opinion.

It must be difficult for a player when he knows that if he loses the ball or makes a mistake he'll have a whole stadium slagging him off. I suspect that sometimes plays a part in their decision making process when it's easier just to palm it off onto a teammate.

A lot of people say about the money they earn and they should be professional but they are people and sometimes moaners do more harm than they realise. Get behind the team, we all want them to do well

Moaners aren't supporters, they're spectators with an opinion.

It must be difficult for a player when he knows that if he loses the ball or makes a mistake he'll have a whole stadium slagging him off. I suspect that sometimes plays a part in their decision making process when it's easier just to palm it off onto a teammate.

A lot of people say about the money they earn and they should be professional but they are people and sometimes moaners do more harm than they realise. Get behind the team, we all want them to do well
Indeed. It's really no different than working in an office where everyone is getting praised except you. It's going to impact your job performance.

Indeed. It's really no different than working in an office where everyone is getting praised except you. It's going to impact your job performance.

Absolutely. Sissoko clearly wants to do well so as fans we should play our part and give him as much as he deserves for not hiding. Time for Moussa to bully teams and to show what he's capable of. Time for Moussa to get into the beast mode and for us to back him in doing so regardless of if he makes a few slip ups getting there. Bale fucked up enough before it clicked for him, maybe Moussa just needs to keep persevering until it well and truly clicks for him

Absolutely. Sissoko clearly wants to do well so as fans we should play our part and give him as much as he deserves for not hiding. Time for Moussa to bully teams and to show what he's capable of. Time for Moussa to get into the beast mode and for us to back him in doing so regardless of if he makes a few slip ups getting there. Bale fucked up enough before it clicked for him, maybe Moussa just needs to keep persevering until it well and truly clicks for him
Yup. What makes me laugh is we were all told as well that he had a bad attitude. Well, I doubt he'd be working under Poch is he was a trouble maker. Plus he's clearly trying. I think people forget that he's no longer a big fish in small pond. He's playing alongside top players and being judged by their standard - and to his credit he's obliviously trying to raise his game to compete with them. I'm getting behind him like I do all our players. :adethumbup:

Last season it looked to me if he was playing to orders and he was scared stiff to do anything inventive otherwise he would be out. He seems now to be playing with much more freedom and confidence and that can only have come from Poch himself working with him.

I'll happily accept that I didn't fancy him for Spurs from day one & he did little last season to change my opinion. However, he's started this season very brightly & yesterday I thought his running, both on & off the ball, was fantastic. Perhaps he just needs a decent run in the team & can kick on in his career. It does go to show that getting behind the player(s) is absolutely key.

Delighted that he's starting to prove the doubters, myself included, wrong.

He might never become one of our given starting 11. But we need troopers who can come in off the bench, or rotate into the 11 when someone needs a rest and put in a nice and solid shift. Keep this up and I think Sissoko will work out just fine for us in that role.

Not everyone can be a starter after all.

I was desperate for him to score. I think if he does it will be one huge weight off his shoulders. He really has lacked confidence - a run in the team will help that but a goal would work wonders.

I was desperate for him to score. I think if he does it will be one huge weight off his shoulders. He really has lacked confidence - a run in the team will help that but a goal would work wonders.
Agreed

I'm also glad to see Poch still believes in him instead of giving him the Janssen treatment - he must be doing something right!

Agreed

I'm also glad to see Poch still believes in him instead of giving him the Janssen treatment - he must be doing something right!
Its highly optimistic, but there is no reason why with some good coaching and his confidence built up that Sissoko couldn't be (apologies in advance) Vieira like. He showed his strength in the build up to our 2nd goal at the weekend, he's got good pace and stamina. He needs confidence and the teammates to have confidence in him.

This is a discussion that has been had forever on here but I really do think he'll serve us best as he did Saturday. Starting out in the center of the midfield but allowed to do runs forward and out on the flank when needed. His runs into the box against Everton were good for us and either put Moussa himself into good positions (which he admittedly didn't deliver on) or opened up good positions for other players.

It does go to show that getting behind the player(s) is absolutely key.

200.gif

We must hold judgement until he's given some time, possibly the season. Against Everton he did well although fluffed his lines in front of goal.

This is a discussion that has been had forever on here but I really do think he'll serve us best as he did Saturday. Starting out in the center of the midfield but allowed to do runs forward and out on the flank when needed. His runs into the box against Everton were good for us and either put Moussa himself into good positions (which he admittedly didn't deliver on) or opened up good positions for other players.

I thought he scared Everton to death

They couldn't cope with his runs and we may finally have a player here!

I thought he scared Everton to death

They couldn't cope with his runs and we may finally have a player here!

His work opened up a lot for those around him. The difference having an extra body in attack is huge. It gave Eriksen space, stopped Kane from being dragged too far wide to cause any real damage and gave Alli a chance to float like he enjoys doing.

I'd like to see a Dembele Sissoko central pairing. Games would be wide open and it would be impossible for the opposition to double up and shepherd our players into parts of the pitch that they want them.

Could be something we see a fair bit moving forward you know

That's never happened to you

Surely!

:dierpochhug:
Of course not! I was the one who had to do the praising! Unfortunately not a lot of staff have liked working for me. Some shit about "you're all useless cunts, do better" not being motivational. I mean, Jesus Wept, I used to take them out for Chicken McNuggets once a year. What more did they want?

Back
Top Bottom