Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wrong footed the keeper who only just saved with his toes, and then went for a nutmeg which seemed to work and then weirdly didn't. Not sure how the keeper saved the 2nd one. I mean it's not like he did something wrong there, hit the target with decent efforts that would result in goals 8/10 times.

Id agree with all that. Though I don't think his miss was that ridiculous. It was a good double save by yhe keeper...And he did brilliantly to get into that position.

He was unlucky with the first strike, he got good contact but it was a good save from the keeper with his right foot. The second strike (on his wrong foot?) went straight at the keeper. I thought he did well yesterday, gives us a bit of muscle and pace in the midfield and always supports the attacking players. Poch should get him on shooting practice though.

When we signed him I expected a guy with decent ability who would be prone to laziness and bad attitude. Seems it was the other way around. He always puts in maximum effort and does what he's told to do. He's just not very good with the ball at his feet
Spot on reflection to Sissokos attitude and ability.
I wanted to see him score but miss he did. Really should have put that away , just the keeper to beat, shows where he is with his confidence and ability. I like him and have always supported him on here. He will be important for us when the games become must wins.

People saying any other player and that's a goal....only problem with that is that he was about the only player who could have got there that quick...

Any other player and that's a goal?

How did Son and Eriksen take their even easier chances then?

And if we really want to nit pick, Kane should have scored 5 and had a couple of assists by passing.

Sissoko had a very solid game. Again

Last edited:
From behind the goal at the other end it seemed obvious to slot the ball into a gap at the near post but he went across the keeper. Id expect most people to score from that position. There were a couple of miss placed passes and examples of poor controls but he gave 100% and tries his absolute best which ultimately is all you can ask.

And he was the only player to give his shirt to someone in the crowd at the final whistle which was a really nice gesture, a shame some of his team mates didn't follow suit so respect to him for doing that.

Again, another good performance in central midfield.

Him and Dier seemed to have a good understanding. Sissoko was everywhere in that game. Saw him help out Davies and Aurier at times. Great running for his chance, that's what he brings us from central midfield, you can't imagine Winks or Dembele getting into such positions.

Excellent assist for Kanes second too. If it wasn't for Kane getting a hattrick, he'd probably have been MOTM for me.

Him and Dier seemed to have a good understanding. Sissoko was everywhere in that game. Saw him help out Davies and Aurier at times. Great running for his chance, that's what he brings us from central midfield, you can't imagine Winks or Dembele getting into such positions.

Excellent assist for Kanes second too. If it wasn't for Kane getting a hattrick, he'd probably have been MOTM for me.

Admittedly he does have his uses but it still makes me cringe that we probably had a chance to get mane instead of him for a similar price.

I had my doubts at the time whether it was an assist for Kane's second. Looking at it again it seems as though the retreating Burnley player got to the ball first & assisted Kane.

Any other player and that's a goal?

How did Son and Eriksen take their even easier chances then?

And if we really want to nit pick, Kane should have scored 5 and had a couple of assists by passing.

Sissoko had a very solid game. Again

Agree with most of that Sammy, but for £30m you expect a lot more than solid. Some of his touches which allowed him to be dispossessed, because it took him an age to control the ball, was very poor. I think he got booked for the same reason too.

Agree with most of that Sammy, but for £30m you expect a lot more than solid. Some of his touches which allowed him to be dispossessed, because it took him an age to control the ball, was very poor. I think he got booked for the same reason too.

Sissoko is what he is, his touch is not as bad as is made out.

I would be willing to bet that if we watched the game again and counted every mis touch by him, Son and Eriksen, there would not much difference.
People go over the top with him. Abuse and ridicule for his "miss", but no credit for the run, or his sublime first time assist for Kane. Sons miss was shocking, and Aurier very nearly had us at 1-1 by walking into three Burnley players on the halfway line.

Had that been Sissoko, he would have been slaughtered. 30M looked expensive then, but when Siggy costs you 50, who cares anymore. He's stepped up every time when called upon, and been solid if not spectacular, and that goes for last season too.

Not at you, but one thing I cant stand is people saying "in Poch we trust" or accusing others of thinking they "know better" than Poch when questioning other players, but then slating Sissoko and saying he's not fit to wear the shirt. Do they trust Poch or not? People hold the manager infallible then claim one of his most important squad players shouldnt be near the club.
Also some people preaching about the importance of backing certain players while they slate another.

Sissoko is not world class, nor is he first choice with a fully fit squad, but ask yourself where we would be without him, considering the injuries we've picked up to Wanyama and Winks, and losing Dier to the back line?

People want depth, well in my opinion he offers us just that and Im glad Poch gave him a chance this season.

I had my doubts at the time whether it was an assist for Kane's second. Looking at it again it seems as though the retreating Burnley player got to the ball first & assisted Kane.

mCrisbn.png

Actually thought he played well in general yesterday but the guy can’t kick a football properly. His technique is terrible and his touch is atrocious.

I’ve seen him waste 3 or 4 counter attacks like that now with him either being the one making a horrible final ball or being on the end of it and incapable of showing any composure or technique in a one on one situation. The second I see he’s involved in an attack like that I write it off.

I’d like to see him have just one game where he doesn’t...
  • Kick the ball out of play
  • Have a *comically bad first touch (one first half AND second half yesterday)
  • Miss an absolute sitter
The fact that yesterday was a good game for him yet he still managed 2 of the above 3 says it all really.

Sissoko makes my eyeballs bleed.

Actually thought he played well in general yesterday but the guy can’t kick a football properly. His technique is terrible and his touch is atrocious.

I’ve seen him waste 3 or 4 counter attacks like that now with him either being the one making a horrible final ball or being on the end of it and incapable of showing any composure or technique in a one on one situation. The second I see he’s involved in an attack like that I write it off.

I’d like to see him have just one game where he doesn’t...
  • Kick the ball out of play
  • Have a *comically bad first touch (one first half AND second half yesterday)
  • Miss an absolute sitter
The fact that yesterday was a good game for him yet he still managed 2 of the above 3 says it all really.

He played really well yesterday. Save the critique for a more appropriate occasion.

The perfect performance is a big ask of any player.

He played really well yesterday. Save the critique for a more appropriate occasion.

The perfect performance is a big ask of any player.
I said he played well. Are we not allowed to comment on the one on one miss though?

And either way who are you to police when it’s ok to give an overall opinion on a player? I actually went into the thread to say he played well yesterday, which I did so it was perfectly appropriate.

Oh and players go week in week out without making the mistakes he makes every week. It’s not a big ask at all.

I said he played well. Are we not allowed to comment on the one on one miss though?

And either way who are you to police when it’s ok to give an overall opinion on a player? I actually went into the thread to say he played well yesterday, which I did so it was perfectly appropriate.

Oh and players go week in week out without making the mistakes he makes every week. It’s not a big ask at all.

Calm down mate... It's only MY opinion.

I'm not implying any sense of authority.

...Just comes off as a bit back-handed considering the ratio of praise to critique in ya post.

"Miss" = save IMO.

Back
Top Bottom