Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moussa Sissoko admits to a slow start at Tottenham with 'a lot of mishaps'

Moussa Sissoko has admitted he has not lived up to expectations during his first few months at Tottenham - but has vowed to prove he is worth his club-record transfer.

The 27-year-old France international cost Spurs £30m in a last-ditch Deadline Day-deal from Newcastle but has only made four Premier League starts and nine appearances in all.

Sissoko believes his Spurs team-mates have been conscious of his hefty price-tag but a lack of pre-season has hampered his approval.

"It's true that there has been a lot of mishaps; my late signing, my lack of preparation for the season, my blow to the head against Middlesbrough, and this suspension," Sissoko said ahead of France's match against Sweden on Friday.

"When I arrived, I felt that my team-mates were aware of the amount of my transfer. I was not just any player, but I ignore all of this.

"I was not at the top when I signed, but that's normal. They all worked well this summer while I had a mini-preparation.

"The suspension fell at the wrong time. In addition, it was something involuntary. Even the opposition player said. I had to work harder than others in training and some double sessions to keep up.

"All that now is behind me. I have come out, grown up. All the lights are green.

"Tottenham is the biggest club I have known. You must convince in every game, every training session. But competition never scared me and the coach is correct.

"It means playing the best players of the moment, for the team, always comes first. If we want to win something late in the season then that is how we can get there."

In fairness, a lot of what he says is reasonable. However, also in fairness, his lack of pre season was partly due to him tarting himself around for any move away from Newcastle. Of course he should only be judged properly maybe this time next year. But I still think he's a very dubious signing for us.

In fairness, a lot of what he says is reasonable. However, also in fairness, his lack of pre season was partly due to him tarting himself around for any move away from Newcastle. Of course he should only be judged properly maybe this time next year. But I still think he's a very dubious signing for us.
No he trained alright it seems.
JealousIllegalFireant.gif

Last edited:
He came in at the last minute with a big price tag. As an experienced & established PL player, you'd expect him to hit the ground running-if not, you wouldn't expect him to take long at all to adjust. He hasn't adjusted yet, but he hasn't been here that long, so time does need to be given, as you rightly point out. I have misgivings about him. With Lamela, janssen, they were coming to a new country at a young age, having shown great potential at their previous clubs. They should get more time than a seasoned premier league player who barely looks interested

This should be reason alone for conducting as much business as possible early on in the Transfer window...

...not whoring ourselves for 'last-minute' SSN air-time and pandering to the likes of Jim Shite and his little yellow ticker!

As a fan base we love to hate. We just are not happy unless we can direct our venom onto a single player or two. I've no idea why we do this but it usually makes the people doing it look like dicks, just ask Rose, Walker, Kane, Bentaleb, Modric, Dembele & Lamela all receiving abuse in the last handful of years alone! You would have thought being made to look as though you know fuck all about assessing a player you would keep you nutt down to avoid further humiliation would be the order of the day, yet it appears not.

He had 1 poor game along with 8 or 9 other players. Call out that individual performance by all means, nothing wrong in that. But some of the comments are utterly ridiculous and clearly forgetting he put in a performance against Citeh.

It's fair to say that any player that represented their Country during the Euros is not playing their best so far, or has missed playing because there are currently or have recently been injured post Euros. This can be seen in almost every team in the league.

I was no fan, see my original comments if you don't believe that, but fuck me why do we have to endure listening to us destroying a player who wears our shirt yet again?

Like Lamela not his fault the £30 million price tag!

Liked his comments

He's one of us now so let's get behind him n maybe after Xmas he will come good

"When I arrived, I felt that my team-mates were aware of the amount of my transfer. I was not just any player, but I ignore all of this"

Personally don't like the tone of that quote, I like to think they all get along regardless of fee or wage as nobody can really know what the other earns with image rights, sponsor deals etc. Surely when it gets above £25K per week the rest is irrelevant!

I would rather he just kept his mouth shut, trained and put in better performances.

So difficult to judge him. I've watched both of his last two friendlies (Netherlands, Sweden). He has brilliant and awful moments. If I'd have to compare him to another player, it would probably be an attacking Kyle Walker.

I don't think he has any problems in training in terms of condition, Moussa is extremely athletic. Unbelieveably rapid for someone of his height and also no signs of tiredness at the end of games. Has to improve on his technique, if that's even possible this "late" into his career.

Don't know, how and it which games we should start/sub Sissoko on, it's difficult to say. He gives us width and puts the opposing full back under pressure. But he is also decent if it comes to winning the ball in the middle, and he is pretty quick, but his end product is shit and he lacks creativity.

Anyway, if we ever tried to play a counter-attacking style of football, Sissoko would excel for us. He is the best player we have if it comes to having free space infront of him. That's a part of the game where Eriksen, Lamela and Dele are all pretty woeful.

Yes - that's the whole point of it
So why wasn't one, by a Bournemouth player, in that same game. It was obviously missed as much as the MS incident as no action was taken
Probably because Sky made nothing of it.
That is my point.

For instance Wanyama on Walcott was investigated. I wonder why that was.

Last edited:
So why wasn't one, by a Bournemouth player, in that same game. It was obviously missed as much as the MS incident as no action was taken
That is my point.

Reminds me of when Gibbs(?) got sent off by mistake in a game, then the FA removed his red and didn't ban Oxlaide-Chamberlain for the diving hand save that the red thought was a red.

Or am I remembering that wrong

Reminds me of when Gibbs(?) got sent off by mistake in a game, then the FA removed his red and didn't ban Oxlaide-Chamberlain for the diving hand save that the red thought was a red.

Or am I remembering that wrong

You are correct. Except that you called the ref 'red'!! (which I suppose, technically, he was!!)

That is my point.

For the record Wanyama on Walcott was not investigated. Sky being Sky "broke" the news that the Wanyama incident wasn't to be investigated.
They may as well have made another announcement by "braking" the news that Tottenham will not be investigated for fielding more than one keeper. Becusde they didn't.

For the record Wanyama on Walcott was not investigated. Sky being Sky "broke" the news that the Wanyama incident wasn't to be investigated.
They may as well have made another announcement by "braking" the news that Tottenham will not be investigated for fielding more than one keeper. Becusde they didn't.

If Wanyama had taken a baseball bat on to the field and clubbed the little cunt to within an inch of his career, it would have been justified, and certainly not violent conduct. :dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom