Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do people really think this was a Poch signing?. Of course it wasn't. He wanted other players earlier in the window and Levy refused to fund them. One stand out case was Wijnaldum. Poch openly said he fancied him, Wijnaldum said he fancied Poch and Spurs, Levy said no. And there were others. But Levy's famous "tight ship" philosophy ensured we missed Poch's targets and Sissoko was brought in at the last minute as a kind of peace offering.

Do people really think this was a Poch signing?. Of course it wasn't. He wanted other players earlier in the window and Levy refused to fund them. One stand out case was Wijnaldum. Poch openly said he fancied him, Wijnaldum said he fancied Poch and Spurs, Levy said no. And there were others. But Levy's famous "tight ship" philosophy ensured we missed Poch's targets and Sissoko was brought in at the last minute as a kind of peace offering.
Wijnaldum himself said he didn't want to join us once Liverpool made their interest known.

You wanted Sissoko.

The worst part is all summer long we believed that we couldn't get this or that player because we believed they'd cost too much only for the club to drop 30m on Moussa Sissoko.

That hurt

I usually don't agree with your opinions, but the Sissoko transfer just stinks. Poch definitely wanted Mane, probably wanted more money, and even though we should have gone for him, I'm 100% sure we even had other options than him. But we did end up with Sissoko on the last day.

Panic buy, full stop.

Wijnaldum himself said he didn't want to join us once Liverpool made their interest known.

You wanted Sissoko.
I wanted anyone rather than no-one. I thought our transfer window had been poor and unambitious for a CL club. Wijnaldum obviously warmed towards Liverpool when it became obvious we would not pay his wages or stump the transfer fee. So, what do you think. Was he a Poch signing, or a Levy signing.? You'll probably say he was a John Thomas John Thomas SIGNING.

I wanted anyone rather than no-one. I thought our transfer window had been poor and unambitious for a CL club. Wijnaldum obviously warmed towards Liverpool when it became obvious we would not pay his wages or stump the transfer fee. So, what do you think. Was he a Poch signing, or a Levy signing.? You'll probably say he was a John Thomas John Thomas SIGNING.
He was a Spurs signing. That's all that matters and it was a mistake. His signing would have been discussed and agreed by many different people.

Why do you have this incessant need to repeat, over and over and over, that you blame Levy for everything.

We get it, we all get it.

We are a team and a club. There is no need to single out anyone, especially over something as complex as a signing which many people input their opinions.

You do understand that our recruitment isn't done by just Levy and Pochettino, right?

Soldado may not have been an 'effective' signing, but by no means should he be on a "worst signing" list.

Right attitude, always gave 110%. Just unfortunate to have joined us at a pretty rocky time.

Nope nope nope he was fucking horrendous. The point wasn't 'who is the signing who has put the least amount of effort in,' it was which signings have been our worst in terms of value. And Soldado is way up on that list, you have got a short memory pal.

He was a Spurs signing. That's all that matters and it was a mistake. His signing would have been discussed and agreed by many different people.

Why do you have this incessant need to repeat, over and over and over, that you blame Levy for everything.

We get it, we all get it.

We are a team and a club. There is no need to single out anyone, especially over something as complex as a signing which many people input their opinions.

You do understand that our recruitment isn't done by just Levy and Pochettino, right?
So you dodged the fucking question. Clever

Nope nope nope he was fucking horrendous. The point wasn't 'who is the signing who has put the least amount of effort in,' it was which signings have been our worst in terms of value. And Soldado is way up on that list, you have got a short memory pal.
The only reason to defend Soldado as a signing (other than he seems like a nice guy) is that he had several excellent seasons in Spain. The guy scores 25+ goals in three consecutive seasons in Spain, you certainly can't blame Levy for thinking it made sense to sign him.

He was shit once he got to England, of course, but at least spending all that money on him made sense. Why was Sissoko made the club's record signing? 2 good games for France?

So you dodged the fucking question. Clever
I answered it clearly. You're too caught up in your own nonsense to see it.

Like ALL our signings, the decision to sign Sissoko would have been identified by our scouting team, overseen by Paul Mitchell then presented to Levy and Poch and Poch's 1st team staff with input from Hugo Lloris, his national captain.

Just because you think our backroom staff consists of only Levy and Pochettino doesn't mean I'm dodging.

This is basic shit. Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom