Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should be shot with shit for going anywhere near him, he was complete shite at Newcastle for 3 years.
He done a couple of sprints in the Euro's and we pull out 30 million, jesus.
Do we actually scout players ffs ?
Hands down the worst signing we've ever made, relative to the price :(
I don't normally agree with you, because you talk a lot of spunk - however, you are right this time.

He was a Spurs signing. That's all that matters and it was a mistake. His signing would have been discussed and agreed by many different people.
Discussed and agreed by many different people ? Over the course of 1 hour or so between 10pm and 11pm on deadline day. You're so fucking blinkered. You'll realise this for yourself when your older.

Like ALL our signings, the decision to sign Sissoko would have been identified by our scouting team, overseen by Paul Mitchell then presented to Levy and Poch and Poch's 1st team staff with input from Hugo Lloris, his national captain.
And all carried out in the last few minutes of deadline day. Wow.

Either Poch wanted him. Or Levy dropped him as a last minute panic box.

Take your pick and quit the fucking excuses

Discussed and agreed by many different people ? Over the course of 1 hour or so between 10pm and 11pm on deadline day. You're so fucking blinkered. You'll realise this for yourself when your older.
I'm sure they didn't just pick Sissoko at random at the last second. I obviously have no real idea how these things work, but come on, you don't make a 30 million pound decision on a whim. He was probably a "fallback" option. Like there was a list, and his name was probably last.

If there is any truth to that story about the Mane deal falling apart over wages, I think it might be fair to blame Levy.

But there isn't, as confirmed by Mane's agent

Nope nope nope he was fucking horrendous. The point wasn't 'who is the signing who has put the least amount of effort in,' it was which signings have been our worst in terms of value. And Soldado is way up on that list, you have got a short memory pal.

By this point in his first season, Soldado had scored 10 goals. So far, Janssen is higher up the list.

We still got back around £10m for him, and most of his goals that season were 3 pointers. Despite Sherwood plotting to ruin him, he not once made a fuss. So is it my short memory?

Soldado wasn't an effective striker, but was still arguably contributing more in one season than plenty of other signings have.

Bentley is effectively the biggest load of gash we signed in terms of value, but we still stand to lose plenty on Janssen and Sissoko if they get moved on in the summer IMO.

I'm sure they didn't just pick Sissoko at random at the last second. I obviously have no real idea how these things work, but come on, you don't make a 30 million pound decision on a whim. He was probably a "fallback" option. Like there was a list, and his name was probably last.
No no. It was all done between 10-11 deadline day. In an inspired moment, Sissoko just popped in Levy's head.

Lol.

And all carried out in the last few minutes of deadline day. Wow.

Either Poch wanted him. Or Levy dropped him as a last minute panic box.

Take your pick and quit the fucking excuses
Hugo said he was asked about Sissoko and what kind of person he is and his suitability to the squad. Are you calling him a liar?

But nah, I actually concocted that press release with Hugo himself. Just to fuck with you.

In a conspiracy to deflect the blame from Levy.

The worst part is all summer long we believed that we couldn't get this or that player because we believed they'd cost too much only for the club to drop 30m on Moussa Sissoko.

That hurt
Yeah true. Most were saying all summer we just aren't that sort of team who goes out & splashes 30m especially on a whim. Then we get sissoko for 30m at the last minute.
Very poor from the club or whoever made that decision.

Personally don't believe that Levy would buy a player that our manager did not want. Maybe Poch realized we were a bit short of bodies, and reluctantly accepted. It was evident that upgrading on Chadli/the wing was a priority in the summer w. Mane would've been a brilliant signing in hindsight but let's not forget, he was known to be an inconsistent player at Southampton. For all the new contracts we needed to offer our current players, I can maybe see why he was stingy negotiating Mane's wages. It's frustrating, we don't print money like Liverpool do and we're funding a new spectacular WHL so we're more limited at the minute. Still, £30m for Sissoko? Brutal window.

So in summary. John Thomas John Thomas is criticising Daniel Levy for the signing of Moussa Sissoko, a signing he advocated.

Now, to worm out of his advocation of a nightmare signing he says ''I wanted to sign someone, anyone'', no matter if they were good enough or worth the money. ''Levy, just fucking sign someone''...and Levy did exactly as John asked.

6 months later...

John is now blaming Daniel Levy for doing what John wanted and dismissing the signing as a ''panic buy'' and ''peace offering of sorts''. The one that John advocated.

John now see's it's a mistake but must find someone, a single someone, to blame, washing his hands of his own mistake. Instead of understanding the nuances of a transfer from scouting to contract signing it must simply be either a ''Poch signing'' or a ''Levy signing''. If he's feeling especially playful a ''Hugo signing''. If you refuse to name one, he wins. Because that, ladies and gentlemen, is how it works.

Now...here comes the good bit.

John is also moaning at Daniel Levy for not buying someone, anyone, in the January window. Sound familiar?

Despite the fact that no player of sufficient quality to challenge Spurs' 1st XI was available in January at a reasonable price, John is blaming Levy for not doing EXACTLY the thing he is also blaming Levy for doing with Sissoko's signing. Buying a player well above his value, probably not of the quality or experience to make an immediate impact for Spurs.

In May, John will blame Levy for both doing what he wanted in August and panic buying Sissoko, and also blame Levy for not doing the exact same thing in January as the reasons we didn't catch the uncatchable Chelsea.

I wonder what will happen in August 2017?

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom