Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs sammyspurs will be delighted. If Poch says he's in his plans, he's 100% in his plans. In Poch we trust.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.
I've backed Sissoko all season.

Always said he was getting a ridiculous slating even though he had put in solid shifts and was played out of position.

Thought he did ok so for 30M I would of course be happy to see the player we thought we had bought after the Euros.

Your stance is however, slate Levy for not spending, cum in your pants when he spends 30M on Sissoko, chuck Sissoko in the bin after one bit part season, slate Levy for not spending.

You are quoting me all over the place today....just not on the issue I've asked you to. How convenient for you.

Last edited:
Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.
I've backed Sissoko all season.

Always said he was getting a ridiculous slating even though he had put in solid shifts and was played out of position.

Thought he did ok so for 30M I would of course be happy to see the player we thought we had bought after the Euros.

Your stance is however, slate Levy for not spending, cum in your pants when he spends 30M on Sissoko, chuck Sissoko in the bin after one bit part season, slate Levy for not spending.

You are quoting me all over the place today....just not on the issue I've asked you to. How convenient for you.
Very harsh.
I've never once suggested we bin Sissoko.

Yesterday morning I woke up hoping we had shifted the deadwood to a 3rd tier Turkish outfit..

Today I woke up hoping that he wasn't linked with anyone and he better not be sold :harrylol:

Ah, what the difference 70mins can make..

Yesterday morning I woke up hoping we had shifted the deadwood to a 3rd tier Turkish outfit..

Today I woke up hoping that he wasn't linked with anyone and he better not be sold :harrylol:

Ah, what the difference 70mins can make..
Trap-game.jpg

Anyone else think the bigger pitch and wide open spaces of Wembley might suit him a bit more than WHL? There were a couple of times yesterday when this was evident, primarily when he hit the post. Unless anything dramatic happens this week in the way of new signings I can definently see him starting at Newcastle.

What a game he had last night. More of the please.

Ideally they drill him, N'Koudou and Janssen together so they are in sync. Would be fantastic to have 2 offensive trios that are in sync

Anyone else think the bigger pitch and wide open spaces of Wembley might suit him a bit more than WHL? There were a couple of times yesterday when this was evident, primarily when he hit the post. Unless anything dramatic happens this week in the way of new signings I can definently see him starting at Newcastle.
Not really. Because pitch size is about 90% horseshit, and Sissoko is a big motherfucker that isn't exactly limber or agile.

Keep him. Keep Vinny and N'Koudou as well. We need the depth and they are at least used to Poch's system(s) and training. If we sell, they need to be replaced. Sissoko will be better than last year (not that hard tbf) and we have use of him.

No, this isn't based on one good preseason friendly. Our squad is razor thin and Sissoko is a Premier League-standard footballer, even if I don't really rate him. Build on this performance and move forward.

Honestly, how the fuck did those colors get to be so popular in football?

It's all Villa's fault...
Contrary to popular belief, Aston Villa were the first to wear claret and sky blue. According to Tony Matthews the claret and blue theme was a Scottish influence, combining the maroon of Hearts and the blue of Rangers, with the Scottish lion rampant included in the badge. Yet another theory from Wikipedia states that the club's proposed colours was chocolate and blue, and that chocolate colour, over time, was switched to claret.

West Ham United, then called Thames Ironworks, permanently adopted claret and blue for home colours in the summer of 1899. Irons right-half Charlie Dove received the kit from his father William Dove, who was a professional sprinter of national repute, as well as being involved with the coaching at Thames Ironworks. Dove Sr. had been at a fair in Birmingham, close to Villa Park, the home ground of Aston Villa and was challenged to a race against four Villa players, who wagered money that one of them would win.

Will Dove defeated them and, when they were unable to pay the bet, one of the Villa players who was responsible for washing the team's kit offered a complete side's 'uniforms' to Dove in payment. The Aston Villa player subsequently reported to his club that the kit was 'missing'.

Thames Ironworks, and later West Ham United, retained the claret yoke/blue sleeves design, but also continued to use their previously favoured colours for their away kits, and indeed, in recent years the club have committed to a dark blue-white-sky blue rotation for the away colours.

Burnley FC simply adopted the colours from then league champions Aston Villa in 1910.

The most important issue in the establishment of Trabzonspor was the colours of the club. Although a number of elaborate theories have been put forward as to why claret and blue was adopted, it transpires the club chose the colours in simple tribute to the famous and historic English club Aston Villa...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Villa_F.C.

Sissoko cant cross, can only kick with inside foot, cant do long pass and hardly score. But he has great pace, can tackle and shield the ball well. As an attacking midfielder he is too limiting. Actually think he will make an outstanding centre back

Back
Top Bottom